LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds

Quick update...

Got lineage to boot in enforcing mode today. Still need to tweak a few rules to get the fingerprint reader and lights hal to work. I'll probably have that done in a couple days. Then I'll start preparing for official lineage support. And of course, after that it's on to Q. Which should be pretty fast and easy.

I'll be trying to get VoLTE working next week.  @Hook has sent me a Verizon SIM to use for testing. Thanks!

Edited by tdm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

2 hours ago, marmistrz said:

You once said you only support addonsu, not magisk.
addonsu has been dropped in Q, making magisk the de facto solution btw.
https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-dropping-superuser-addonsu-implementation-favor-magisk-manager/

Yes I'm aware of that. I'll be trying to fix su once I move to lineage 17. I'm still running 16 on both my devices (pro1 and 1+6t).

• Thanks 4

Test17 is up. The only changes are selinux rules and enabling selinux.

This is getting dangerously close to submitting for official builds.

Please test and let me know if anything is broken. I've verified it boots and the lights hal and FP reader work, but not much else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

I have had quite a few system crashes since I installed the custom ROM, always resulting in hard reboots (with the FxTec logo). In most cases it happened while using Bluetooth for a webradio and Google Maps. Luckily no data was lost but it is still inconvenient.
Which program could/should I use to create and read error logs or crash reports?

Also I had some issues with the keyboard having no input until I restarted. Probably an issue with a software keyboard.
Could a soft reboot (system only) be implemented into the power menu? I remember that it was on older LineageOS versions. If you want such recommendations on GitHub only, please tell me.

10 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I have had quite a few system crashes since I installed the custom ROM, always resulting in hard reboots (with the FxTec logo). In most cases it happened while using Bluetooth for a webradio and Google Maps. Luckily no data was lost but it is still inconvenient.
Which program could/should I use to create and read error logs or crash reports?

Also I had some issues with the keyboard having no input until I restarted. Probably an issue with a software keyboard.
Could a soft reboot (system only) be implemented into the power menu? I remember that it was on older LineageOS versions. If you want such recommendations on GitHub only, please tell me.

A logcat and dmesg live from the system as it crashes is best.

Yes you can add reboot to the power menu.

11 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

Noticed that happening too with every test build I used so far. Still unsure how to reproduce this, if it's a specific app or if it's just me and bad timing opening the physical keyboard while the virtual pops up.

2 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

Noticed that happening too with every test build I used so far. Still unsure how to reproduce this, if it's a specific app or if it's just me and bad timing opening the physical keyboard while the virtual pops up.

Odd. Both hardware and software keyboard works fine on Test17 here.

Like I said... hard to trigger. Usually both keyboards work fine.

Just installed test17 without problems. SELinux shows as "Enforcing". Not seeing any new issues.

Edit: Now that I'm trying to write from my phone, I notice the QWERTZ layout is shifted.

Edited by Wheeljack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

Like I said... hard to trigger. Usually both keyboards work fine.

Just installed test17 without problems. SELinux shows as "Enforcing". Not seeing any new issues.

Edit: Now that I'm trying to write from my phone, I notice the QWERTZ layout is shifted.

That would be selinux blocking the script which sets the keyboard layout at boot.  I'll try to fix that shortly.  In the meantime, you may set it manually as root (either in a root terminal shell or a root adb shell).

• Thanks 3
3 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

Confirmed here also. The upper row (numbers etc) is OK, but all other rows are shifted and yellow arrow (Fn) key does not always correspond to what is printed to the keys even if the shifted situation is taken into account.

Edited by acrux
  • Thanks 1

I started looking into fixing the keyboard layout boot code and noticed several other things are broken.  Basically all the custom device stuff, from the keyboard to the display margin to livedisplay and so on.  I'll get that all cleaned up for the next build.  Probably tomorrow.

• Thanks 4
5 minutes ago, tdm said:

I started looking into fixing the keyboard layout boot code and noticed several other things are broken.  Basically all the custom device stuff, from the keyboard to the display margin to livedisplay and so on.  I'll get that all cleaned up for the next build.  Probably tomorrow.

Can this be related to https://github.com/anssih/finqwerty/issues/17 ?

42 minutes ago, tdm said:

Oddly Up/Down arrows seem to be swapped with Right/Left

And a strange long delay/response-time when cycling through languages with Ctrl+Space

56 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Yup, was just typing up my discovery of the swapping of the arrow keys when you posted. 

Edited by Hook
Just being more specific
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

And a strange long delay/response-time when cycling through languages with Ctrl+Space

That's another thing, the keyboard idc file isn't properly labeled. That disables the arrow change with orientation.

1 hour ago, hermite said:

Is it possible to get the stock camera on Lineage? AFAIK gcam won't make use of the dual camera.

Does the lineage camera app not work?

It's probably possible to copy snapdragon camera to the device.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tdm said:

It's probably possible to copy snapdragon camera to the device.

Simply pulling the apk and side-loading will not do the trick, it just keeps closing on launch, without any dialogue ever appearing. I guess it is dependent on something?

• Like 1
On 7/4/2020 at 3:49 PM, tdm said:

Test17 is up. The only changes are selinux rules and enabling selinux.

This is getting dangerously close to submitting for official builds.

Please test and let me know if anything is broken. I've verified it boots and the lights hal and FP reader work, but not much else.

@tdm Are you going to push the changes to the repos any time soon?  I'd like to test here but build my own.

Edited by JooJooBee666
8 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Simply pulling the apk and side-loading will not do the trick, it just keeps closing on launch, without any dialogue ever appearing. I guess it is dependent on something?

It probably needs to be a system app.

• Like 1