LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds

@acrux I mean, technically I did that. Test18 image was flashed, and then I flashed the permissive image. Or do you mean I shouldn't have sideloaded the .zip files?

The way I understood it was that the permissive image is a full image just without the SELinux stuff enabled.

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

I received the SIM from @Hook today and, just as I mentioned yesterday, adding the missing VoLTE properties fixed VZW voice calls.  I'll include these in the next build, but if you are impatient and willing to tinker here's what you need to do:

1. Ensure adb is running as root, "adb root".

2. Mount partitions read/write, "adb remount".

3. Get the /vendor/build.prop file from the phone, "adb pull /vendor/build.prop".

4. Edit the file and add the following lines at the end:

# VoLTE
persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1
persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

5. Push the file back to the phone, eg. "adb push build.prop /vendor/build.prop".

6. Reboot, "adb reboot".

When the phone comes back up, ensure all the carrier settings are correct and it should work.  I think the only thing I had to change was setting "Preferred network type" to "LTE/CDMA".  The rest of the settings were fine by default.  YMMV as always.

• Thanks 6
9 minutes ago, tdm said:

Can I get some folks to review this before I submit it...?

https://harryyoud.co.uk/lineage-previews/280778/4/devices/pro1/

Thanks!

I don't have time to read all pages right now but I noticed that second rear camera (5MP, fixed focus, f/2.0) was not mentioned on specs. I can review more later. Excellent job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the installation instructions: Is the switch back to slot A no longer required with the official image? That was the only thing that I noticed. Without testing any of that, it looks good.

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Like 1

@SteffenWi that install page is apparently not correct.  I'll look to see if there is a better one available.  I did not write the page, it is a template that is linked in the wiki code.  There are several different ones to choose from.

@Wheeljack I'm hoping that I can get an official TWRP working soon.  If not, I can switch out the TWRP stuff for Lineage Recovery stuff.

• Thanks 2

Couple updates, especially for the developers out there...

I'm working with one of the upper level Lineage guys on getting the device/kernel officially imported.  He has made quite a few comments and suggestions for cleaning and improving the device tree.  So the lineage-16.0 branch on my device tree is going to be rebased and rearranged quite a few times in the next couple days.  I tagged test18 so it doesn't get lost.

Said Lineage guy is actually interested in the Pro1 and I will probably send him a prototype unit.  So that's even more development support.  Which is good because he knows about quite a bit of stuff that I don't, especially recent Android things.

I'll be doing at least one, probably two more builds before official Lineage submission just to make sure the cleanup/rearrange changes don't break anything.  So expect a test19 tomorrow that is hopefully still fully functional and also works with VZW.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 11

test19 is up.  Changes:

* Code cleanup for official submit to Lineage.

* Add VoLTE props to fix VZW.

Please verify everything works properly.

FYI, this is my remaining TODO list before submission:

* Verify WiFi and BT MAC addrs are set as in stock.
 * Regenerate vendor blobs from latest stock.
 * Fix poor kernel commits (fix stuff, fix more stuff).
 * Verify WiFi works on clean install.
 * Go over remaining oneplus specific stuff in rc-files, sepolicy, etc.

Additionally, here is the updated proposal for the wiki pages:

https://harryyoud.co.uk/lineage-previews/280778/7/

Please review for accuracy and completeness.

My goal is to get this wrapped up on Monday.

Edited by tdm
  • Thanks 6
2 hours ago, tdm said:

A tiny bit of stick splitting. You got the full blown install and using guide for the ADB, and this is fine, but for the user just wanting to Install LineageOS, less will do it.
They do not need to fiddle with the path, as long as they do the commands from the subdir the tree in the zip was unfolded to.

So a more minimal (and thus less scary) version of the guide could be used for Install. That is just a link to the download, and then a few words on unfolding and running the commands from that folder, perhaps adding a sample path to the examples for the recovery and sideload flashes

(I only read did not attempt the Build part)

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

A tiny bit of stick splitting. You got the full blown install and using guide for the ADB, and this is fine, but for the user just wanting to Install LineageOS, less will do it.
They do not need to fiddle with the path, as long as they do the commands from the subdir the tree in the zip was unfolded to.

So a more minimal (and thus less scary) version of the guide could be used for Install. That is just a link to the download, and then a few words on unfolding and running the commands from that folder, perhaps adding a sample path to the examples for the recovery and sideload flashes

(I only read did not attempt the Build part)

So, we add to $PATH, as our bug report system and most debugging relies on it being installed -- no point in expecting it to be in local dir/explicitly called by path each time.

I'll make sure to do end-to-end tests of the install instructions and get the wiki up to par as needed - I work on Lineage's Wiki too pretty frequently.

Also OT: Am the guy TDM is talking about above. Stoked to help out with the device.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
5 hours ago, npjohnson said:

Also OT: Am the guy TDM is talking about above. Stoked to help out with the device.

Welcome.  I recognize you as as  Z²Force LOS dev.  Which I bought for the keyboard mod I never got.

8 hours ago, npjohnson said:

So, we add to $PATH, as our bug report system and most debugging relies on it being installed -- no point in expecting it to be in local dir/explicitly called by path each time.

I'll make sure to do end-to-end tests of the install instructions and get the wiki up to par as needed - I work on Lineage's Wiki too pretty frequently.

My point is merely that the simpler the procedure the better to have less 'tech savvy' people join the party - And no point in expecting it to be in the path all the time for all users,

Sure for the minority that uses adb & fastboot a lot it obviously eases things to have it in the path. But less can do for the general public's need of OS installation (and simple interactions with the device either stock or Lineage).

33 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

@tdm Are you finished rebasing?  If so, do I need to update my roomservice?  Right now, it's completely broken for me.

All the renaming is complete for sure.  How is roomservice broken?

I may be rebasing the device tree again, but that should not break your roomservice.  Likewise with the vendor blobs, though that is less likely.  I just finished rebasing the kernel and updating it to the latest code, so that should not change again unless I broke something.

39 minutes ago, tdm said:

All the renaming is complete for sure.  How is roomservice broken?

I may be rebasing the device tree again, but that should not break your roomservice.  Likewise with the vendor blobs, though that is less likely.  I just finished rebasing the kernel and updating it to the latest code, so that should not change again unless I broke something.

[[device/fxtec/pro1/lineage_pro1.mk]]: "vendor/fxtec/pro1/pro1-vendor.mk" does not exist. I'm going to update my roomservice to move the vendor three to that location.  It's currently pointing to vendor/idealte/pro1/

Ahh, I see.  New vendor repo.

Edited by JooJooBee666
2 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

[[device/fxtec/pro1/lineage_pro1.mk]]: "vendor/fxtec/pro1/pro1-vendor.mk" does not exist. I'm going to update my roomservice to move the vendor three to that location.  It's currently pointing to vendor/idealte/pro1/

Vendor is not part of roomservice, you need to update that manually.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, tdm said:

Vendor is not part of roomservice, you need to update that manually.

Yeah, that's what I was originally asking, sorry I wasn't very clear on that.  But I believe I have it figured out. 🙂

Edited by JooJooBee666