USA Pro1 Waiting Room

1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

Sometimes it helps to remember that people make mistakes. What answer do you expect (and how would it help anyone)? "Right, let me see... Oh yeah, we deliberately delayed Siani_8 a few weeks more because we didn't like his nose"?

While your feedback was nothing more than a smarta** reply, I have an answer for you.  It was not just me, but more than a few from the US already that have reported ithe same scenario here on the forums.  Considering that not that many phones are being manufactured and certainly not all from the US, this is a little disturbing because it means they probably didn't just "make a mistake" although they've done plenty of that already, and may be using a different criteria to ship, such as pre-order date and not payment date like we were told.  Maybe you have a phone already and my order doesn't mean anything to you, that's great.  However, I still don't have mine, the goal post has been moved many times, "ALL pre-orders receiving earphones" at the time I ordered was changed later, shipping paid on orders doesn't actually take care of shipping and now a response that doesn't answer my question.  So while your unhelpful response was more than likely to get a few high fives from those who have product, I'm just a concerned customer that shelled out close to $800 of my hard earned money for a product half a year ago and instead of product, I have received a whole list of excuses and reasons why I don't have product and am still looking for realistic answers about when I might see mine. 

Or since we want to make jokes about it how about..... "Sorry you haven't received a phone but two people in the factory are are out sick this week so production was literally cut in half"

Edited by Siani_8
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It makes it more convenient to type the European dialect of english currently being implemented as the official language for the EU:

Captains log: I can't remember what day it is.  It's been so long since the last time I've used a QWERTY keyboard.  The slabs have taken over every country, it's terrible, all those innocent people ha

Posted Images

On 12/23/2019 at 7:00 PM, sequestris said:

I had one. I sold one. I ordered another one. I don't have that yet.

Update:
Had one: Pre-ordered on 4/8, paid on 8/1, received on 12/10, sold on 12/13.
Ordered a new one on 12/16, received on 1/27.
QWERTY
Non IGG

I've decided to come clean about the dates.
Please don't hate me.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Just now, sequestris said:

Update:
Had one: Pre-ordered on 4/8, paid on 8/1, received on 12/10, sold on 12/13.
Ordered a new one on 12/16, received on 1/27.
QWERTY
Non IGG

I've decided to come clean about the dates.
Please don't hate me.

That would seem to follow the pattern of order date and not actual paid date.  Thank you for posting. 

2 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

That would seem to follow the pattern of order date and not actual paid date.  Thank you for posting. 

The 2nd phone was ordered, paid for, and processed on the same day.
On January 12th I got a stock assigned email, on the 20th I got a shipping notification and received the phone 2 days earlier than expected.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Siani_8 said:

It was not just me

I know. Still it's no use to get upset, which is just bad for your blood pressure and won't help you get your phone one second earlier.

1 hour ago, Siani_8 said:

Maybe you have a phone already

Ordered in September and still waiting. After not getting it for Christmas, which had seemed possible back in November, it's now clear I won't get it for my birthday, either, which is early February.

But getting upset about that, or about others getting it earlier than me, won't bring it on earlier, either.

Again, mistakes happen. Especially in startup ventures like this. It could have completely failed with us having to take legal action to even get a slight chance of getting back our money. But the situation here and now is that our devices are manufactured with the process only being held up by the Chinese New Year and, now, the coronavirus outbreak. Give them another few weeks, and you'll have your phone, as I will, too.

You may have every reason to be upset, but that doesn't justify getting upset, when getting upset doesn't help anyone – not you, not us, not F(x)tec.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

I know. Still it's no use to get upset, which is just bad for your blood pressure and won't help you get your phone one second earlier.

Ordered in September and still waiting. After not getting it for Christmas, which had seemed possible back in November, it's now clear I won't get it for my birthday, either, which is early February.

But getting upset about that, or about others getting it earlier than me, won't bring it on earlier, either.

Again, mistakes happen. Especially in startup ventures like this. It could have completely failed with us having to take legal action to even get a slight chance of getting back our money. But the situation here and now is that our devices are manufactured with the process only being held up by the Chinese New Year and, now, the coronavirus outbreak. Give them another few weeks, and you'll have your phone, as I will, too.

You may have every reason to be upset, but that doesn't justify getting upset, when getting upset doesn't help anyone – not you, not us, not F(x)tec.

Not upset as I already purchased a new phone that I'm very happy with.  Not gonna stand by and roll over either without asking questions and demanding truthful answers when someone I don't know has $800 of my money.  I work hard outside on the railroad for my money.  And unfortunately the "just wait a few more weeks" answer has been going on for 6 months so who knows at this point if I'll have the phone or another reason to wait a few more weeks in a few more weeks. 

6 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

Not upset as I already purchased a new phone that I'm very happy with.  Not gonna stand by and roll over either without asking questions and demanding truthful answers when someone I don't know has $800 of my money.  I work hard outside on the railroad for my money.  And unfortunately the "just wait a few more weeks" answer has been going on for 6 months so who knows at this point if I'll have the phone or another reason to wait a few more weeks in a few more weeks. 

From 04/19 - 12/19 I waited.
Sure it was a bit much, but it's not like fxtec wasn't transparent. @Erik and @Waxberry have been more than helpful.
I never once posted a nastygram or sent them emails saying WTF.
I was nice, said good day, wished them happy holidays...sometimes I sent them emails just to thank them for what they were doing with this project.

I'm happy I got my phone. But I had posted that I didn't expect it anytime soon. I even joked that I was hoping my Nexus 5 would last until June.

So cancel your order if you don't want to wait. Others have and have gotten refunds.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, sequestris said:

From 04/19 - 12/19 I waited.
Sure it was a bit much, but it's not like fxtec wasn't transparent. @Erik and @Waxberry have been more than helpful.
I never once posted a nastygram or sent them emails saying WTF.
I was nice, said good day, wished them happy holidays...sometimes I sent them emails just to thank them for what they were doing with this project.

I'm happy I got my phone. But I had posted that I didn't expect it anytime soon. I even joked that I was hoping my Nexus 5 would last until June.

So cancel your order if you don't want to wait. Others have and have gotten refunds.

Yeah I'm sticking it out cause I waited this long...  The phone I was using was horrible and wasn't even receiving texts so I had to get a phone as FX wasn't delivering and ended up with a OnePlus 7T pro 5G McLaren.  It's a really nice phone and no complaints but I'm still a KB guy so hopefully mine arrives some time this year. And for the record, if you read my earlier posts I was very patient and supportive of FX but at some point I got annoyed at all the false info they give.  If they had just said orders were being handled by pre-order date instead of payment date my demeanor would be different right now but I feel like they said payment date just to get us to pay quickly so they actually had the funds to start production. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

Yeah I'm sticking it out cause I waited this long...  The phone I was using was horrible and wasn't even receiving texts so I had to get a phone as FX wasn't delivering and ended up with a OnePlus 7T pro 5G McLaren.  It's a really nice phone and no complaints but I'm still a KB guy so hopefully mine arrives some time this year. And for the record, if you read my earlier posts I was very patient and supportive of FX but at some point I got annoyed at all the false info they give.  If they had just said orders were being handled by pre-order date instead of payment date my demeanor would be different right now but I feel like they said payment date just to get us to pay quickly so they actually had the funds to start production. 

I'm guessing here: As these are kind people, it could be that they given the short interval between the refund and the new buy, simply remembered her and handled it as a 'regretted refund' and put her back in her old place in the queue, that is the first payment date (Aug 1st), that could explain things.

• Like 1
On 2/1/2020 at 11:28 AM, lzb said:

Got the phone a couple of days earlier than expected. I'm on T-Mobile prepaid.

• I have confirmed that the phone is indeed using LTE (using the LTE Discovery app) despite the "4G" in the menu bar.
  • I too encountered the visual voicemail problem @jcz95 had, which is weird because it worked fine on my Pixel 2 XL (and the Google phone app on both devices are identical - same version). I downloaded T-Mo's VVM app instead to compensate (I am a Google Voice user anyway, so it's not a huge loss, but it's a bit annoying)
  • As far as wi-fi calling, I see an odd phenomenon where I can search for "wi-fi calling" in the settings, but it just brings me to the "Mobile network" settings, where no "wi-fi calling" setting exists. Based on the "Network Compatibility" thread, I thought calling T-Mo and asking them to enable something on their end would work, but apparently I'm "already registered." The CSR tried helping me by Googling around (and even got to this forum lol), but otherwise could not help. Maybe I didn't use some magic customer support phrase (I did say that I moved my sim to a new phone). I confirmed in the *#*#4636#*#* menu that "Wifi Calling Provisioned" is enabled. Everything seems to suggest (unless I missed something) that I can get wi-fi calling, yet I don't have it. On my Pixel 2 XL this did work fine. I do kinda need this because I get 2FA codes sent my T-Mo number sometimes and when there are dead zones having wi-fi calling helps a lot.
  • I noticed the APN settings that are auto-populated vs. the ones here are slightly different. For example, the auto-populated settings didn't have the "MMSC" URL

Still doing set up. Need to see if Android Auto works in my car and how it works with my Android Wear watch

Just to follow up on my previous post:

• Phone pairs just fine with my car over Bluetooth, and Android Auto works via USB cable
  • Android Wear works, but it took a couple of tries to pair correctly with the watch
  • Regarding wi-fi calling, it is working after going to the Phone app (NOT "Network & Internet" in the phone settings) > Settings (three dots in top right) > Calling accounts > tap the SIM card at the top with <your carrier> (in my case, "T-Mobile") > Wi-Fi calling > Set to On with "Wi-Fi preferred" (thanks again to @SirBaconIII for pointing me in the right direction on this one)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2