Out of curiousity...

5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

the bottom part is reall close to Sammy Note 7 or a Huwei P20 Pro. I have no tools to do an accurate 3D scan

I just cut a new flip case from a p20 pro flipcase, but have not found th time to edit my blog post adding that one.

Should be a lot of cases laying around for Note 7 that people would love to move since all the actual devices are crushed by now......

Am I a bad person that the hotspot SSID on my Droid 4 is "Samsung Galaxy Note 7_1097" because I think it's funny? :O

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, sequestris said:

Hi @AnnieC and @kaythe

@PC_ I don't have the insecurities that some do in being called a girl at my or any age. I feel bad for you that you have those kind of hangups.

@agent008 had... I am on the waiting list for a new one.

@sequestris It's not about hangups. It's about being factually correct. I feel bad for you that you reached the conclusion that it was a hangup.

Edited by PC_
13 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

the bottom part is reall close to Sammy Note 7 or a Huwei P20 Pro. I have no tools to do an accurate 3D scan

I just cut a new flip case from a p20 pro flipcase, but have not found th time to edit my blog post adding that one.

Wow. Though I read this info by you in some other post ages ago. It is only now that "it clicked" in my head. This phone is humongous! For some reason I was only thinking "eh... it's a little bit thicker, ok, whatever, no problem". But seeing that a Note 7 case is about the right fit!? Haha it'll be my biggest phone ever by a large margin, and yet I'm sure I'll love it. 😂

Fxtec, bring them on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PC_ said:

@sequestris It's not about hangups. It's about being factually correct. I feel bad for you that you reached the conclusion that it was a hangup.

According to my ID I'm an adult so I guess that makes me a woman by definition but I don't get offended if someone thinks I'm so young that girl is appropriate 🙂

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, PC_ said:

If my husband says to me, "You're my girl.", it's cute and sweet.
He refers to me and my cat as "his girls" and I love it.

If he were to say, "You're my woman.", it would take on a WHOLE different connotation.

I think that you were trying to be pithy or amusing and it just failed abysmally for you.
Thanks @AnnieC and @kaythe for understanding.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, sequestris said:

If my husband says to me, "You're my girl.", it's cute and sweet.
He refers to me and my cat as "his girls" and I love it.

If he were to say, "You're my woman.", it would take on a WHOLE different connotation.

I think that you were trying to be pithy or amusing and it just failed abysmally for you.
Thanks @AnnieC and @kaythe for understanding.

Neither pithy nor amusing.  It's just a bit weird when an adult refers to themselves as a child.  Maybe it's a colloquial thing.

I think we know what "PC" stands for now. What about when people refer to others as food (honey, muffin)? Or in case of brits when they refer to people as feelings (love)? I am sure there are many other different ways to show dominance affection

Edited by is
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, PC_ said:

It's just a bit weird when an adult refers to themselves as a child.  Maybe it's a colloquial thing.

I guess it's anyone's right to not refer to themselves as a girl (and possibly to be offended by others referring to them as a girl), just as it is anyone's right to refer to themselves as a girl (and not to be offended by being called a girl). And I guess we'll find individuals of both categories all over the english-speaking parts of the world... Doesn't need to be a big thing, I guess, unless one wants to make one of it 😉 ...

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, is said:

I think we know what "PC" stands for now. What about when people refer to others as food (honey, muffin)? Or in case of brits when they refer to people as feelings (love)? I am sure there are many other different ways to show dominance affection

I'll take all of them! Honey, Sweetie, Baby, Babes, Muffin, Cupcake, Noodle, Dolly, Love (I call so many people Babes, Sweetie and Love - man or woman).
I would have made a great 50s housewife.
Instead I am an IT Project Manager with a Masters degree who has to work to pay off student loans.
Maybe next life...next life I will be a 50s housewife or a cat that belongs to a really rich old lady.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, is said:

Makes me think of Italian Job. The original 1969 (i think) movie. Charlie Crocker (Michael Caine) says to his taylor: "erm... and shorten the sleeves, will ya, love? I'm not a gorilla!" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, agent008 said:

Makes me think of Italian Job. The original 1969 (i think) movie. Charlie Crocker (Michael Caine) says to his taylor: "erm... and shorten the sleeves, will ya, love? I'm not a gorilla!" 🤣

....i have classic mini (last production) 😄

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Haha 1
On 12/20/2019 at 4:06 PM, PC_ said:

Neither pithy nor amusing.  It's just a bit weird when an adult refers to themselves as a child.  Maybe it's a colloquial thing.

I have heard plenty of people of various genders refer to their dog as my boy or my girl (in various languages), dispite being quite sure there are no genitical link.... 😋

it is just denoting someone you feel the urge to love and protect (of the specified sex)

I remember a lady over ninety that has known my mom since she was a baby, not seing neither her nor my dad as genuine adults despite both were over 70...