On 12/31/2019 at 5:55 PM, Rob. S. said:

Ordered the 711042. I'll report how it goes when I've got both the phone and the holder!

I'm also looking for a Brodit holder, did yours arrive yet ? I do not know the holders so I have a questions about the specs.
Pro1 specs say its thickness is 13.98mm  but the 711042 holder has 2-10mm. Is it even relevant?
Just from numbers #511309 fits width: 62-77 mm and thickness: 12-16 mm, so should be ok even with a normal TPU back cover.

Edited by mcdinner
pasted wrong modelnumber and sizes
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And adapt quite well  

3D Files are here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4236222 (thingiverse is quite slow today)

I used Fusion360: Printed on a Prusa I3 mk3:  

Posted Images

I'm using this myself:

https://www.gearbest.com/stands-holders/pp_009997192467.html?wid=1433363

Works pretty well with anything up to and including the size of Mi Max Prime. Yes, You won't be able to open the keyboard slider, but realistically - why would You do that while driving anyway? Cheap as dirt, doesn't hurt to try methinks. Mind You that depending on the plastic that your dashboard is made of You might need to glue a piece of rubber to the inside of the mount clamp to avoid it sliding off. But it is a good design imho - doesn't vibrate with the car's engine, doesn't obstruct the view and is in the perfect spot for sat nav - behind the steering wheel, so You don't have to take eyes off the road to glance at the map.

Edited by Krzysieq
16 hours ago, mcdinner said:

I'm also looking for a Brodit holder, did yours arrive yet ? I do not know the holders so I have a questions about the specs.
Pro1 specs say its thickness is 13.98mm  but the 711042 holder has 2-10mm. Is it even relevant?
Just from numbers #511309 fits width: 62-77 mm and thickness: 12-16 mm, so should be ok even with a normal TPU back cover.

Seems I have overlooked the thickness part... I still need to get the phone, but this doesn't look good, thanks for the hint. Probably will need to get the 511309 instead.

P1171249.thumb.jpg.28871107c596054647b1023323f18e1a.jpg

P1171252-ed.thumb.jpg.bf466b2fa608e07a551455a1519f38c9.jpg

Edited by Rob. S.
21 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Seems I have overlooked the thickness part... I still need to get the phone, but this doesn't look good, thanks for the hint. Probably will need to get the 511309 instead.

Thx for the pictures, I bought the 511309 now and will report shortly if it fits.

Edited by mcdinner
wtf is your picture here as attachment....?

There is also a variant in between the numbers posted, which has a thickness of 9-13mm.

The thickness is exactly matching the cutout space so the pro¹ sits very tight

With the rounded corners this product sounds more like the description by Mosen.

https://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=511308

Edit: I am however a little woried about the pressure on the edges of the screen. Would this create an issue over time?

Edited by altwouss
Unfinished sentence.
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, mcdinner said:

@Rob. S.
#511309 arrived.
The slot is too wide now and the phone wiggles around, so I taped felt pad in the middle which holds the phone tight.
The camera button gets pressed when i slide it in and I  think the screen Protector may get damaged on the edge when used often.

Can we get a picture in 🙂

Edited by _DW_
4 hours ago, _DW_ said:

Can we get a picture in 🙂

Yes, I take a picture tomorrow night when I come back to the car.
Have to remember to take my old phone with me 😄

5 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

@mcdinner Thanks for the heads-up... Sounds not too promising... I guess I might just as well keep mine and give it a try.

The way I did it it holds tight, it did not fall off directly when holding it upside down and shaking a bit:)

9 hours ago, mcdinner said:

Yes, I take a picture tomorrow night when I come back to the car.
Have to remember to take my old phone with me 😄

Just to see how much of a risk it is to the screen help identifying holders guess it affects touch as well while in holder?

13 hours ago, _DW_ said:

Just to see how much of a risk it is to the screen help identifying holders guess it affects touch as well while in holder?

It does not look like damaging the screen. Today was my first road trip with the holder and I really like it.

IMG_20200123_193837.jpg

IMG_20200123_193814.jpg

IMG_20200123_193742.jpg

IMG_20200123_193732.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to have a car holder for flat surface. Already ordered one like this but then found out that Pro1 is not magnetic [enough]. For me landscape mount in not necessary, as most of apps I use during driving (like Spotify) work well in portrait mode. But I guess the problem with these holders also is to find one that grabs the phone securely enough. Have somebody found any suitable?

51 minutes ago, altwouss said:

What I was thinking, you could probably use the holder with the smaller gap while the keyboard is folded out?

Now that's an idea I wasn't thinking of, but sounds plausible! There is of course a substantial gap between the slid-out screen and the keyboard's upper edge, something that wasn't the case with any of the sliders I had before...

Edited by Rob. S.

I have been using the mob armor magnet holder for acouple years on multiple phones in all of my vehicles and I love it. Works perfect for landscape because the phone can spin freely. Very strong magnet and all it requires on the phone or case is a very thin metal sticker(included)

A7F15601-E809-4151-91DD-679CF0632AF9.jpeg

• Like 3
On 1/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, kontakt said:

Where does the plastic need to be removed? From the bottom to make room for charging cable? Or does it need other modification to fit the phone in? I'm asking because this looks very promising to my taste/needs.

5 hours ago, auvo.salmi said:

Where does the plastic need to be removed? From the bottom to make room for charging cable? Or does it need other modification to fit the phone in? I'm asking because this looks very promising to my taste/needs.

I cut out a groove to about half width of the bottom right holder. From the bottom to about 7mm. Rubber stayed on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got this one in the mail yesterday, and it works fine, both alone, with a shell and with a flip-case (with the flip turned to the back)

You set the width initially by pulling the arms. And the scissor like mechanism closes on the top as the bottom goes down.

It is a 'standard' ball mounting, and I moved it to an air-mount I happened to have from another model.

(Commercial photo from the listing)

image.thumb.png.717346fca9b0e1ec5d0b1efb66538fcc.png

• Thanks 1

I am continuing to use my iOttie Easy One Touch Dash, which remains completely secure and allows charging without modification. The central located power button took a little adjustment, and the eccentric USB port is hard to hit, particularly in the dark. It will not allow keyboard deployment, but I would never attempt such from the driver's seat anyway.

So I finally took some pictures of the holder and wireless charging pad I'm using. There are thinner and smaller wireless pads available. But I already have this one, so I haven't bothered yet looking for a smaller/thinner one.
If I had a bumper, I would definitely keep it on there. That's how I used it on my Sony XZs. I don't really need the physical port.
The pictures show it works just fine. Both holder and pad are from Baseus. The holder has a sensor but also operates on touch. I'm stil contemplating on how to provide power via the air duct, so the cable isn't visible anymore. The wireless charger in the holder is QC compatible when you use a QC 12V charger (in my case also Baseus). The wireless pad does not support QC.
I have been using this setup for 6 months now (with different phones).

20200130_140755.jpg

20200130_140934.jpg

20200130_140819.jpg

20200130_140748.jpg

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 4