Will you use your screen protectior?

Will you use your screen protectior?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use your screen protectior?

• I will or have applied it - better safe than sorry!
    • I have attempted to apply it - but failed (miserably)
    • Screen protectors are for sissies! It looks way better without one! (And thumb grease adds adequate proection anyway)
    • I didn't receive any screen protector!
    • I will apply it, but not on my Pro1! McGuyver just can't have too many tools at hand!
    • I applied a different screen protector, because I like to be different!
    • I don't care, but the cake is a lie!

I've never used screen protectors, even going back to my Palms (resistive touchscreen with stylus).  Whenever I picked up my stylus I always (and pretty unconsciously) wiped my thumb over the tip).

I have a pretty bad track record applying screen protectors and went without screen protector on the Moto Z for about 2.5 years. Nothing especially bad ever happened to the device and I tend to not drop them either. But hey, that thing still looks good as new.

So I'll be living on the edge with my Pro1 as well. The soft edge that is. My phones tend to sit in a sleeve when not use. Scratches from daily use seem to be a non-issue as is and I don't trust a flimsy protection film to stop a real drop from doing its thing. 
I'm aware that it's still a bit riskier. Not trying to convince anyone else, that's just what I'm gonna do. Just prefer the direct feel of the screen, as well as the protector-less looks.

• Like 2

Yeah, the included protector is just something.  I managed to apply it with just two micro bubbles outside of the working screen, took me like 30 minutes to apply it.  I would suggest to wear rubber gloves if you are just about to apply yours, otherwise the fat from your fingers will ruin the edges where you are holding the protector while you are applying it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't like screen protectors. Gorilla glass by itself is pretty good, the plastic screen protectors scratch significantly easier, and the glass ones are kinda weird for curved screens. I've used both in the past, and I've always just kept them on indefinitely even though they got scratched/cracked, they seem pointless to me personally.

I don't think I will bother applying that screen protector. It's usually more trouble than it is worth. Though I appreciate there is one provided in the box. I'm using a sturdy book case so in most situations that screen should be well protected anyway.

2 hours ago, Slion said:

I would vote for the option which means screen protectors are for cowards if it didn't include old fashion sexism. @EskeRahn Can we moderate that option to not imply half of the human population are cowards? 

Bad SJW troll. No cookie. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
On 2/2/2020 at 3:30 AM, Slion said:

I would vote for the option which means screen protectors are for cowards if it didn't include old fashion sexism. @EskeRahn Can we moderate that option to not imply half of the human population are cowards? 

That option isn't sexist, that's what you're making of it. Anybody can be one regardless of what they're born with, and nobody's inherently one regardless of what they're born with. It's purely based on how that person acts.

• Confused 1
46 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

That option isn't sexist, that's what you're making of it. Anybody can be one regardless of what they're born with, and nobody's inherently one regardless of what they're born with. It's purely based on how that person acts.

Actually it's rampant sexism embedded in the English language as far as I can tell. Do a bit of research and hopefully you'll see it for what it is. If you don't, fine I don't wish to expand on that here 🙂

55 minutes ago, Slion said:

Actually it's rampant sexism embedded in the English language as far as I can tell. Do a bit of research and hopefully you'll see it for what it is. If you don't, fine I don't wish to expand on that here 🙂

Ah yes, the claim and then if challenged the other person should just google it themselves, and with an implication that that other person isn't that smart with a passive aggressive tone. Language changes by the way, and there's no reason to believe it's currently sexist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Zamasu said:

Language changes by the way, and there's no reason to believe it's currently sexist.

So you did do some research and now believe it could have been sexist at some point but is not anymore. What's pretty clear to me is that it's a word used by a lot of people, hopefully in good faith, not realising where it comes from.

3 hours ago, Zamasu said:

Ah yes, the claim and then if challenged the other person should just google it themselves, and with an implication that that other person isn't that smart with a passive aggressive tone.

Sorry that you feel that way. It's just that this is wildly off topic on that forum and thread. On top of that, I don't come here to try and save the world from rampant sexism and I have no doubt that if I did, I would fail at it, miserably. 😁

Let's agree to disagree, that's just fine, truly. 🙂

Edited by Slion
  • Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...

I managed to get fingerprints on the adhesive WHILE USING GLOVES. Guh.

I must've used the wrong gloves. Or brain. Or something.

Next time I will apply it in a more clean and open area, and will just wash my hands with really aggressive soap right before I take risks.

So, uh, I'm with @Adrienspawn, where do we buy these things?