Bluetooth Issues

Tried to pair my Pro1 with my car's handsfree bluetooth and ran into issues. The pairing appears successful on the phone side but just waits forever and eventually times out on the car's console. The car appears in the pro1's "previously connected devices" list, and the pro1 is listed by the cars pairing menu as a paired device, but it won't ever connect. When I'm in the car the bluetooth screen on the pro1 just says "connecting..." forever under the vehicle handsfree device.

Handsfree system lists "Phone Calls", "Media Audio", and "Contact Sharing" as available services.

I've successfully connected my watch (Phone Calls, Input Device, Contact Sharing), and a set of bluetooth headphones (Phone Calls, Media Audio, Contact Sharing), with no issue at all.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or have a solution?

• Like 1

Yes. With my first device. It was, sadly, unfixable. It just kept dropping even though it showed that it was there.
Second phone just worked instantly.

11 hours ago, archseraphim said:

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or have a solution?

• Like 3

Well that's disheartening. How did you go about getting a replacement device?

edit: And I've just discovered my headphones have stopped working, though they were fine two days ago when I first got my Pro1. I've installed some updates since then, so it seems one of them broke something.

Edited by archseraphim
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Today I tried to connect my Pro1 on my Pioneer AVH-4100NEX head unit, but failed with the message in the included image.

Tried to reconnect a few times giving the same message, but after few times the message no longer came up.

I restarted the head unit and reconnected the Pro1, the error message came up again the two time I tried to connect it.

The Pro1 was freshly started a few minutes before.

Pro1 is on the current firmware. The radio unit is on its latest firmware v1.11 built on December 8, 2018.

Message is in french: Android Auto is not responding. To continue, disconnect the USB cable from the phone, and reconnect.

Screenshot_20200215-114834.png

• Like 1

try a different cable. I had this issue with some other phones being extremely sensitive to what cable I used. My Pro1 works with 4 different heatunits I've tested on.

Edit: I should also note that the usb-c port is a bit loose so in some cases, bumps will cause the cable to disconnect android auto. It could also be the cable at fault but it is my observation.

Edited by windraver
3 hours ago, windraver said:

try a different cable. I had this issue with some other phones being extremely sensitive to what cable I used. My Pro1 works with 4 different heatunits I've tested on.

Edit: I should also note that the usb-c port is a bit loose so in some cases, bumps will cause the cable to disconnect android auto. It could also be the cable at fault but it is my observation.

Thank you, I will try this. However the USB connector being at the back of the unit, this is no quick task.

With my Z2 Force it does work all the time with the cable currently in place.

In the mean time, I've captured logs while connected to my head unit, so knowledgeable people can take a look at it. While I do some programming, I've barely touched Android programming for now.

20200218-pro1-androidauto-logsextract.txt

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have made a test with another USB cable and it worked. But I tried to go back to the previous cable and it also worked...

This said, there was a different behavior on the device: I tried right away with the new cable with my head unit, and the phone asked to allow location while Android Auto was loading. Not sure why it wasn't asking this on my first tries the other day.

Once this was done, using either cable loaded AA normally. I say "normally", but I also found out that the previous cable had an issue, at least one contact isn't perfect with the Pro1, but good enough for my other device.

Edited by foxfreejack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Has any one else has problems connecting to bluetooth devices with the Pro1?

I have three devices I want to use. My Gear S3 smartwatch, a pair of Anker Smartcore earbuds, and my car's handsfree audio.

The watch has worked pretty much without issue from day one, but connection to the earbuds is sporadic at best, and I have made exactly zero successful connections to my car. This is the only major outstanding issue I've had and I've been holding out in hopes of an update sorting it out, but f(x)tec has been quiet to the point of non-existent about what we can expect going forward.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It works fine with both my Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch and with Android Auto in my car.  I don't use my phone for listening to music, so haven't tried my Sony BT headphones.  What I do find is that sometimes the phone has trouble pairing with the auto when the watch is paired, but not always. I should try and sort it out better, but especialy since I'm not using my car as much as I used to with limited travel, I'm just turning off my watch when I get in the car.

This phone is not the only phone or device I've found that has trouble sorting multiple pairings.

Hrm... I gave the "one device at a time" theory a try and at first seemed to be working. My headphones connected no problem after disconnecting my watch. But then I turned off my headphones and they failed to connect at all when I turned them back on again.

Watch reconnected with no issue afterwards.

Mine works fine with a bluetooth mouse with no issues.

My car's handsfree audio is a whole different story. Whilst it seems to connect to the car's system in that it shows my contacts information, phone history and I can instigate a phone call via the car's system, when making a call, the audio doesn't consistently transfers to the car's system.  The annoying thing about it is that I can't tell if it's going to work or not until I make the call.  Even if the phone is connected and the audio is transferred successfully at the start of a journey, if I make a call later in the journey it may not transfer the audio. I also have issues when trying to dictate text or liten to text messages through Google Assistant.

My car is a 2017 BMW which doesn't include Android Auto.  All these functions worked without issue with my Priv.

I too would like some kind of acknowledgement that this is an issue F(x)Tec are aware of and looking in to.

Edited by PC_
  • Thanks 1

Anyway, it works well using my KMM-303BT receiver.
(It doesn't mean it works on every receivers but it works on this specific one.)

Handsfree mode and also audio playback function work well.

Anyway, someone wrote here about some (lincence?) problem exists for a protocol which may be related.

Finally had a chance to try again with my car handsfree while not connected to another device (not much need for me to drive around lately :P).

Did not make a difference, still doesn't connect properly. Much like @PC_ my car's bluetooth is a simple media/handsfree device, no Android Auto capability.

40 minutes ago, archseraphim said:

Did not make a difference, still doesn't connect properly. Much like @PC_ my car's bluetooth is a simple media/handsfree device, no Android Auto capability.

Anyway, someone wrote here earlier about a problem with car bluetooth receiver because of too many learnt devices.
So it may help if you could delete older, unused devices from receiver's memory.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, VaZso said:

Anyway, someone wrote here earlier about a problem with car bluetooth receiver because of too many learnt devices.
So it may help if you could delete older, unused devices from receiver's memory.

I still have my Priv configured on the car's bluetooth but no other devices.

I've definitely felt the issues coming from a Galaxy Note 8 where it worked flawlessly. 

I use both an Echo dot "alexa" and a taotronics device (turns my 3.5mm headphones into Bluetooth ones) and I get issues very often -- devices are not able to connect, especially *after* previously connecting and disconnecting to the devices. 

Going to the Bluetooth settings and manually clicking to connect to the devices does nothing. 

What I've found that works a lot of the time is toggling the Bluetooth on the Pro1 off and on again. This usually restores functionality, and it can connect again. But of course, it's mega awkward -- now rather than just being able to turn the Bluetooth devices on / ask alexa to connect, I also need to fiddle with the phone. 

On the other hand, I do have a Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro smartwatch, and that one works flawlessly on the Pro1.