PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

In my case it only shows up in PTP mode. File Transfer does nothing for me.

Interesting. In my case it looks logically the same in "File Transfer" and PTP from the PC (though obviously fewer entries in PTP, and different icon)

But note that it appears as BOTH an Android Phone AND under Portable devices

If I change to "No data transfer" on the Pro1, it disappears under portable devices (but is still registered as an Android Phone)

(It looks the same for stock BTW)

image.png.ca213c569ff8e3f378b70a5716ff05b3.png

image.png.3eafd37c613c08a98f62ece21da157d7.png

On 8/10/2020 at 4:09 PM, agent008 said:

Your experience is consistent with mine. When you talçk about "eaten inputs" you mean on the physical keyboard? As in, the first few (2 or 3) keypresses get ignored, then the very next one gets repetaed 3x or 4x. I got this a few times too.

I don't wanna come across as complaining. What I'm really interested in doing is help iron out these small wrinkles as bes as I can.

I can confirm the issue too. It also affects software navigation buttones (home, recents, back) when the lag hits. Feels like a process is "hogging" all resources for a few seconds, before it returns to normal.

On another topic:

* Has anyone have tried to disabling the lock screen? Pressing power/opening the keyboard results in background and status bar only. I need to lock and unlock again to get back to normal. Seems to happen after the "Display -- Sleep" timer has ended. Is this expected behavior or a bug?

* I've read that SafetyNet currently fails for stock. I haven't tested that, but can confirm that CTS profile fails for current LOS nightly. Assuming one does not install SU, is the aim to get SafetyNet to work?

• Like 1

Later today I expect two Pro1's to be delivered. After I have flashed those I will play around with drivers and settings. Even though I don't need the connection, I am curious to find out why it doesn't show. Which Windows build are you using @EskeRahn?

As for SafetyNet, do you need this for let's say Netflix? Even in combination with a chromecast? That would be a problem for someone specific 🤪. In that case one of those Pro1's is gonna run stock.
My banking-app does not need it, nor does the Ziggo-Go-app which I use to watch tv-streams (Ziggo being my provider). Can someone elaborate on at least Netflix and possibly Disney? And is there any difference between countries? I don't have a Netflix account otherwise I would have tested it myself.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

As for SafetyNet, do you need this for let's say Netflix? Even in combination with a chromecast? That would be a problem for someone specific 🤪. In that case one of those Pro1's is gonna run stock.
My banking-app does not need it, nor does the Ziggo-Go-app which I use to watch tv-streams (Ziggo being my provider). Can someone elaborate on at least Netflix and possibly Disney? And is there any difference between countries? I don't have a Netflix account otherwise I would have tested it myself.

I have a few of banking apps that complain that the phone is modified. Also Google Pay, but that isn't as important to me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Feels like a process is "hogging" all resources for a few seconds, before it returns to normal.

Yes, indeed it feels like so. Talk about remembering the Priv! That phone also liked "hanging" for a while, I read somewhere (maybe on a post by Eske or in his website?) that it was caused by aggressive clock throttling in order to avoid the SD808 CPU from overheating, that chip and its brother 810 got famous back then for being "hot-headed".

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Interesting. In my case it looks logically the same in "File Transfer" and PTP from the PC (though obviously fewer entries in PTP, and different icon)

But note that it appears as BOTH an Android Phone AND under Portable devices

If I change to "No data transfer" on the Pro1, it disappears under portable devices (but is still registered as an Android Phone)

(It looks the same for stock BTW)

image.png.ca213c569ff8e3f378b70a5716ff05b3.png

image.png.3eafd37c613c08a98f62ece21da157d7.png

I got this.

QX1000.JPG

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Later today I expect two Pro1's to be delivered. After I have flashed those I will play around with drivers and settings. Even though I don't need the connection, I am curious to find out why it doesn't show. Which Windows build are you using @EskeRahn?

Netflix doesn't even turn up as an app when I search it on Google Play. Probably because of SafetyNet?

I'm still to try with a Netflix .apk smuggled from another phone.

Haven't tried Disney+ as I'm not a subscriber.

UPDATE: Definitely must be SafetyNet. With LOS my phone fails the test. Didn't test it with stock before flashing.

preview?fileId=23822&x=2560&y=1440&a=true

Sorry about the giant picture. I can't seem to be able to resize pasted images!

Edited by agent008
Update about SafetyNet
  • Thanks 1

So I tried looking for Netflix and Disney and indeed, they don't show up in the Play Store. Well, I can't be bothered by that.

On the connection type, I also noticed the ADB-driver. It seems the Google Nexus ADB driver is the culprit. I used a different Windows 10 machine. As soon as I install the ADB drivers mentioned on the LOS page, the phone disappears... So you want QX1000, uninstall ADB and delete the drivers.

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

So I tried looking for Netflix and Disney and indeed, they don't show up in the Play Store. Well, I can't be bothered by that.

On the connection type, I also noticed the ADB-driver. It seems the Google Nexus ADB driver is the culprit. I used a different Windows 10 machine. As soon as I install the ADB drivers mentioned on the LOS page, the phone disappears... So you want QX1000, uninstall ADB and delete the drivers.

Finally. I deleted almost all USB drivers i found and got it working 15 minutes ago. Now i don't see Google Nexus ADB driver anymore. It must been that....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what I get.  When I select "File Transfer" on the Pro1 it just shows up as external storage with both internal and SD card, each treated as an external drive.  No drivers show up and never have.  I'm on version  2004 currently, but this is the way it worked on 1909 and has been working this way since December, both stock and LOS. And, by the way, I currently connect through a hub.  Makes no difference (I haven't always used the hub).

mypro1towin10.thumb.jpg.a487ba9c8ddc8c9113ecc3b0e1add5f6.jpg

• Thanks 2

@Hook Your fix should be easy, just start Disk Management and add drive letters to QX1000.

Am I the only one with camera issues? It looks like 11 times out of 10 pictures are out of focus. Very annoying and useless as far as I'm concerned. going back to one of those BSG-ports. Any suggestions? Shame really, the app doesn't crash and is pretty snappy. But like I said, pictures are almost always out of focus and when I try to focus on a specific subject, it takes ages and eventually also doesn't work.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 1

Ctsprofile pass is doable via MagiskHide props config. And Netflix can be installed via direct download, like apkmirror. Not real solutions obviously, but good workarounds. Now my banking app tells sometimes that I have apps installed whichh use root and suggests uninstalling those apps, but it doesn't prevent using the banking app.

• Thanks 4
1 hour ago, auvo.salmi said:

Ctsprofile pass is doable via MagiskHide props config. And Netflix can be installed via direct download, like apkmirror. Not real solutions obviously, but good workarounds. Now my banking app tells sometimes that I have apps installed whichh use root and suggests uninstalling those apps, but it doesn't prevent using the banking app.

Thanks! I downloaded the APK right from Netflix's website. But when I launch it, it tells me "your device is not supported" and closes.

Not a big issue for me. I mostly use Netflix with my Roku & TV anyway. Having it on the phone is most useful for when travelling which is not a thing right now with the pandemic.

As for the Magisk trick, thanks. I am not sure I'm brave enough to try Magisk right now (in fact I still have to learn what it really is!). Maybe this weekend. Is it fairly simple to use? Is it straightforward to install? Does it break other stuff, or increase battery drain (this would be a big no for me because my brand new Pro1's battery already only lasts from 5AM till 10PM).

Thanks

1 hour ago, agent008 said:

Thanks! I downloaded the APK right from Netflix's website. But when I launch it, it tells me "your device is not supported" and closes.

Not a big issue for me. I mostly use Netflix with my Roku & TV anyway. Having it on the phone is most useful for when travelling which is not a thing right now with the pandemic.

As for the Magisk trick, thanks. I am not sure I'm brave enough to try Magisk right now (in fact I still have to learn what it really is!). Maybe this weekend. Is it fairly simple to use? Is it straightforward to install? Does it break other stuff, or increase battery drain (this would be a big no for me because my brand new Pro1's battery already only lasts from 5AM till 10PM).

Thanks

Try apkmirror for Netflix. I haven't tried straight download from Netflix website, so it might be newer version or something. It is also possible that Magisk is needed to hide root, to make Netflix work. I haven't tried without Magisk.

About Magisk, I am not a guru, far from it. Not an android guru either, but I have some experience in Linux systems, which help a bit. But Magisk itself is quite straightforward stuff to install and set up (apply MagiskHide for apps you don't want to see root). The props config is little bit trickier, you need a terminal app to set it up but there's quite good instructions in xda. Props config is needed for banking and some other apps, like my work mail account. Netflix should work without it also.

About the safety, I don't really know. Some people are really against Magisk, and I believe they have good reasons for it. I personally haven't found it break anything or even having any effect to any other stuff. In my device, it just does what I need it to do: hides root from the apps I want. Of course I cannot be sure about what other things it does behind my back, but I believe that Google itself collects more of my personal information than any particular app can ever do. About battery drain, I haven't noticed any. I have about two days of battery usage, but I believe it is more about how heavily you use the device than what apps you have installed. 

As a last word, I don't recommend you to do anything. Do as you said and read enough about the stuff you are going to play with, and then make your decision whether to install or not. Google has been trying hard to prevent Magisk from working, and even thhough it works for now, it is quite sure that it will be prevented permanently some day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, DieBruine said:

ook Your fix should be easy, just start Disk Management and add drive letters to QX1000.

I wasn't aware anything was broken.  Everything is acting properly and just as I would expect.  So I'm confused. 

• Haha 1

(this would be a big no for me because my brand new Pro1's battery already only lasts from 5AM till 10PM).

Note that the battery consumption of LineageOS is quite lean by it self. So what you experience could be some apps eating the battery in the background, or you are using it actively a lot (Displays are always eating a lot, especially if set bright, and oddly for amoled especially blue). Try to note the battery consumption while you are asleep it should not be above roughly ½% per hour.

Have a look at the below, where it was (almost) idle for slightly over 4 days (99h) between 5th and 9th of August, and used 46%

Screenshot_20200813-140817_3C_All-in-One_Toolbox.thumb.png.400bf77c682e2da053ee25f6aba5f2d5.png

• Thanks 2

@EskeRahnI don't know when (if ever) I'll be able to be as frugal a phone user as you!

My main battery eaters would be the screen (thanks for the tip about blue colour) and Firefox. I tend to do a lot of webpage reading.

Besides that, I have DAVx5 syncing my contacts, calendar, tasks, etc.; Nextcloud client; K9 Mail with a 15 minute interval on two IMAP accounts; and cLock from LOS is in my home screen with a weather forecast which is regularly updated (I think every 30 mins).

Apart from these, I can't think of any other apps I set up (apart from all the LOS/system tasks of course) that should be doing anything when I'm not using the phone. Spotify maybe?

@EskeRahnI don't know when (if ever) I'll be able to be as frugal a phone user as you!

My main battery eaters would be the screen (thanks for the tip about blue colour) and Firefox. I tend to do a lot of webpage reading.

Besides that, I have DAVx5 syncing my contacts, calendar, tasks, etc.; Nextcloud client; K9 Mail with a 15 minute interval on two IMAP accounts; and cLock from LOS is in my home screen with a weather forecast which is regularly updated (I think every 30 mins).

Apart from these, I can't think of any other apps I set up (apart from all the LOS/system tasks of course) that should be doing anything when I'm not using the phone. Spotify maybe?

He he. Well If you got more that one phone in play, one may be idle for a while. And I deliberately left it (almost) idle to have a better estimate of the idle consumption than my previous claim that it was about 1%/h, it really is only about 0.5%/h

I would recommend to install something like 3C Battery Manager (the image is from that)  or GSAM, and be sure to give them a little extra privileges (see this), and use that to help spot the culprit(s) eating your battery

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I would recommend to install something like 3C Battery Manager (the image is from that)  or GSAM, and be sure to give them a little extra privileges (see this), and use that to help spot the culprit(s) eating your battery

Yessir, I already did that! Am just giving it a few days to have a larger data sample. 👍

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion