PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

7 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Just a wild guess, You haven't by any chance something limiting the network access that need an explicit open? I use "Netguard", more advanced options are available if rooted. But sometimes I forget to poke a hole when an app usually not needing net-access for what ever reason does need it for other purposes than stealing our data.

Thanks, I haven't installed anything of that type (actually could be a good idea).

For both apps I've granted full permissions, but when I use the airline app the "Privacy Guard" keeps a notification stating that my private data will be protected from the app. I wonder if I could give this app a little more access. But I don't know how to configure "Privacy Guard" / SELinux on LOS. In the settings area, the entry for Privacy Guard is only sort of informative. Not many settings available.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, agent008 said:

Thanks, I haven't installed anything of that type (actually could be a good idea).

For both apps I've granted full permissions, but when I use the airline app the "Privacy Guard" keeps a notification stating that my private data will be protected from the app. I wonder if I could give this app a little more access. But I don't know how to configure "Privacy Guard" / SELinux on LOS. In the settings area, the entry for Privacy Guard is only sort of informative. Not many settings available.

In Privacy Guard, Ellipsis (top right), Advanced you can select an app and select to allow&disallow stuff, but I do not see network access on the list?

1 hour ago, agent008 said:

Hi. After another day using LOS, I think there might be a cumulative delay between accepting fingerprints. This is a wild guess, but maybe your code is adding up the delay intervals instead of resetting them after a successful unlock?

I'm no programmer but can help you with testing, I'm willing to install another version of this code that would provide logging for your analysis if you think it's necessary.

My fingerprint reader sometimes won't respond. I have to use the power button and swipe. A few seconds after that, the sensor will work again.
And still my inputs get eaten. Just now it spooked around, which is why I'm editing. Also I just noticed my hotmail account isn't syncing anymore.
Maybe a fresh install next weekend.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

In Privacy Guard, Ellipsis (top right), Advanced you can select an app and select to allow&disallow stuff, but I do not see network access on the list?

Exactly. I couldn't find anything related to network access. But maybe could be storage-related. Ie. the app contacts network, does what it needs (creates a hash for example) and then fails to save it.

41 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

My fingerprint reader sometimes won't respond. I have to use the power button and swipe. A few seconds after that, the sensor will work again.
And still my inputs get eaten. Just now it spooked around, which is why I'm editing. Also I just noticed my hotmail account isn't syncing anymore.
Maybe a fresh install next weekend.

Your experience is consistent with mine. When you talçk about "eaten inputs" you mean on the physical keyboard? As in, the first few (2 or 3) keypresses get ignored, then the very next one gets repetaed 3x or 4x. I got this a few times too.

I don't wanna come across as complaining. What I'm really interested in doing is help iron out these small wrinkles as bes as I can.

• Like 2

One thing I have noticed is my banking app stops accepting finger prints meaning it ask's if it's ok to use fingerprints to login.  Not sure if this happens after an update or not will ensure I check after the next one.

Okay, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but it seems I still have quite a bit of issues.

My upgrade path was a long way... from early testing builds until the first official nightly and two days ago, I flashed to the latest nightly.

The first nightly was working pretty good for me. Long battery time, no real bugs. I have never used the fingerprint reader though.

Seeing that the fingerprint reader should work pretty well with the latest nightly, I decided to upgrade, and that's where my issues begin.

First: What's the best way to upgrade?
I simply tried to update the rootfs with the latest nightly, thinking it should keep my google apps.

That's when the first problem happened: Google Play Services were constantly crashing.

So I reinstalled them with MindTheGapps.

They didn't crash anymore - the PlayStore always complained that it doesn't work. So I uninstalled all upgrade for the Google apps - which made them work again (of course, I also tried deleting cache / data before that as well).

Okay. So Google Apps are working again.

However, now I do have a huge battery drain. The About 1% per 10 minutes when the phone is lying on the table with screen off, etc.
According to the battery monitor, it's not an app that drains the battery. And I didn't have the issue with the first nightly - and upgrading hasn't changed my apps.

Then I tried to use the fingerprint reader. It works fine - but unfortunately, it forgets the registered fingerprints on a reboot.

So these are my two remaining issues: Battery drain and forgetting fingerprints on reboots.

Is there something I can do to debug this (is there a tool that can report what REALLY eats up my battery?)

Or should I backup everything, go back to factory settings, check if everything is fine and then reinstall the system?

Thanks for your help 😄

@EvilDragon:

For the battery drain, you can start by getting a logcat and looking for something crashing constantly, or perhaps get a shell and run "top".

For the fingerprint reader, it sounds like your persist fingerprint data is full.  Try deleting /persist/data/fingerprint (you will need root) and then reboot.  Now you should be able to enroll fingerprints and have them saved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ha, thanks a lot! Both worked.

I tried top before - but didn't see anything special. But checking the log for crashes I could see that Android Auto was constantly crashing... removing and reinstalling it stopped the battery drain and made it work again.

Totally forgot about that as I didn't use my car since then 🙂

So yeah, it seems the update made all Google Apps crash. Is there a reason to prevent that?
Reinstalling the Google Apps each time wouldn't be an issue - but I need to redo the configurations each time as well, which is a bit annoying :)

• Like 4

You can either use the included OTA updater. Takes 30-60 minutes installing in the bakground until you need to restart the system. Keeps GApps intact.

When installing via adb you will have to reboot to to recovery after installing lineage and then install GApps plus any other addons you want (with GApps needing to install before the first system boot or it'll mess up the OS). AddonSU can be flashed at a later time with no problem.

I see a couple of changes logged for the next build (though, I don't quite understand what each of them does). Until now new Pro1 nightlys rolled out on three mondays in a row. The next build is a little late. You guys preparing a surprise for us? *wink* wink* 😄

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

When installing via adb you will have to reboot to to recovery after installing lineage and then install GApps plus any other addons you want (with GApps needing to install before the first system boot or it'll mess up the OS).

Yeah, I found this out on the last nightly where I accidentlly triggered a reboot after only sideloading the update.  Same thing as ED... apps or Google services crashing,  had to go back and re-sideload MindThe Gapps and reinstall a couple of apps.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, EvilDragon said:

Ha, thanks a lot! Both worked.

I tried top before - but didn't see anything special. But checking the log for crashes I could see that Android Auto was constantly crashing... removing and reinstalling it stopped the battery drain and made it work again.

Totally forgot about that as I didn't use my car since then 🙂

So yeah, it seems the update made all Google Apps crash. Is there a reason to prevent that?
Reinstalling the Google Apps each time wouldn't be an issue - but I need to redo the configurations each time as well, which is a bit annoying 🙂

If you install via sideload, always remember to "reboot recovery" then flash gapps.  Then it should be fine.  If you try to boot without flashing gapps, then later flash it, all of the Google apps will crash and require re-install.

If you install via OTA, this should all Just Work.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tdm said:

If you install via sideload, always remember to "reboot recovery" then flash gapps.  Then it should be fine. 

I can confirm this has worked for me. I never had any problems UPgrading (I did have some issues once I tried to DOWNgrade a particular combination of test build)

Even when I fumbled with the first change from Test to Nightly, Following the usual flashing procedure fixed that too.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, EvilDragon said:

Hm, I did this via sideload, and even with recovery reboot, it killed the gapps.

Didn't even know these nightlies can be updated via OTA (afair, OTA said there's no update available...?), but I'll try that next time.

I've flashed every test build and my own builds from the official sources.  Every time I flash Lineage, reboot recovery, flash gapps, reboot into Android.  And every time it works flawlessly.  I don't know why it would not be working for you.

Once you flash the official Lineage build, you will be offered an OTA update each week.  The OTA system will preserve your gapps.  I have verified this myself, as have others.

Just now, Breeze said:

I can´t find my phone on my computer when i plug in the usb cable. Did i miss something?

Did you tap the charging notification to get the other choices for USB connections?  Charge is default

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Yes. Went trough all the different option. Filetransfer, MIDI, PTP and so on...

I had the same issue on Windows 10 2004 or whatever the latest build is. Only after going through all the LOS steps did it show up on my computer. This happened for no apparent reason after I flashed LOS.  Can't exactly pinpoint when it happened because I was to busy configuring my phone.  Just that it all of the sudden appeared under File Explorer.

By the way, Windows 10 nowadays can take up to a couple of minutes before it searches for the correct drivers. So when you cycle through the connection options, be sure to force a manual search for devices and updates.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 2

I can find it in "devices and printers" but can't connect to it. I can even choose what what windows want to do when i connect the device, like ask what to do, open file explorer, do nothing, sync fotos..........

Works fine on my linux laptop...

Edited by Breeze

What kind of USB ports does your Win 10 machine have.  I have never had a problem with my old  Desktop with USB 2 ports and an old USB cable from my Nexus 6p, either with stock or Lineage.  No drivers needed to be installed.

• Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Hook said:

What kind of USB ports does your Win 10 machine have.  I have never had a problem with my old  Desktop with USB 2 ports and an old USB cable from my Nexus 6p, either with stock or Lineage.  No drivers needed to be installed.

I have 2.0 and 3.0 ports. I have not had any problems with my Sailfish phone or an old LOS 15 phone. This is getting silly....

Spent 4-5 days setting upp my Pro1 LOS and now with the final step to transfer pictures, videos and files from sailfish phone and i get this problem 😥

Edited by Breeze
typo
22 minutes ago, Breeze said:

I have 2.0 and 3.0 ports. I have not had any problems with my Sailfish phone or an old LOS 15 phone. This is getting silly....

Spent 4-5 days setting upp my Pro1 LOS and now with the final step to transfer pictures, videos and files from sailfish phone and i get this problem 😥

What driver has Windows chosen - that might be the culprit.

• Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion