Pro1-X just arrived today, what a beautiful device.

Got a response from fxtec

Support Team (FX Technology Limited)

28 Jan 2021, 12:59 GMT

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

The QWERTY KB layout will be unshifted. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone! Just got my pro1-X and I am loving everything except android 9. 🙂 the form factor is a delight. I found the finger print reader weird until I realized that with more fingers i cou

@Apextech February 2020? September 2019 here – and not all too amused anymore, either. Still – this is not fairyland where we live. This is not a world where our wishes necessarily come true, not

Hard to belive, that the Pro-X is deliverd bevor the Pro-1 is fully delieverd.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, lawliett said:

Got a response from fxtec

Support Team (FX Technology Limited)

28 Jan 2021, 12:59 GMT

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

The QWERTY KB layout will be unshifted. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

Yes what I would expect from the march batch (which march is another question 🤣)

• Like 1

I'm curious what was bad with the shifted keyboard. I thought they made them like that so that the most commmon keys are along the center. So I guess that doesn't really work well?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Kugi said:

I'm curious what was bad with the shifted keyboard. I thought they made them like that so that the most commmon keys are along the center. So I guess that doesn't really work well?

I think its a personal preference thing I've never had an issue with it shifted 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Kugi said:

I think it was not bad in general, but
- it was not perfect as per personal preference like @_DW_ wrote
- it was not good for international layouts

The latter was my main problem of not buying it, but the former was also a problem for me, but much smaller.
So that leaded me to QWERTZ keyboard instead of QWERTY what I would originally chose unless there is no national keyboard for my language which is very unlikely.

However, if there was only shifted QWERTY version, I would have been bought that one, but unshifted QWERT(Y/Z)  version is much more convenient for me,  even as the QWERTZ version does not match my national layout, but at least it does not have huge modifications of the standard one.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Kugi said:

It is not that the idea is bad as such, the main problem is that it s non-standard. Had they shifted the numbers along with the letters it would have been substantially better.
BUT things are NOT really centred this way! The centre of letters is between the G and H as also acknowledged by the F and J markers. On the shifted keyboard the G is on the key almost exactly at the physical centre, on the standard layout that is the H. So the layout is half a key off center to either side on both layouts....
For the lengthy story see this

3 hours ago, Kugi said:

I want the pro1 keyboard layout to match with my desktop keyboard, since I will run linux proot on pro1 and want to have my emacs+vim keybindings and muscle memory matching across devices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 1/8/2021 at 7:15 PM, benhbell said:

Hey everyone!

Just got my pro1-X and I am loving everything except android 9. 🙂
the form factor is a delight. I found the finger print reader weird until I realized that with more fingers i could unlock it in both landscape and portait. I definitely regret no tasking for lineage os, and might need to flash it later, unless android 10 is on its way. I think the full screen gestures + no menu bar for the phone would just work better.

Happy to answer any questions for people on the fence.

How has the camera been on it? And what OS are you using on it? I am going to use this phone for taking photos on ebay, and want to make sure that it is still suitable for my needs. Has the software been improved with the camera button with the focus. 

Thanks

On 1/29/2021 at 7:38 PM, RagingSkittlez said:

How has the camera been on it? And what OS are you using on it? I am going to use this phone for taking photos on ebay, and want to make sure that it is still suitable for my needs. Has the software been improved with the camera button with the focus. 

Thanks

Camera is fine, its no Pixel. Android 9 stock did the device a huge disservice. I replaced it with LOS 17.1 after a few days. Camera, focus and other things work great with LOS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 1/27/2021 at 1:50 PM, bennypr0fane said:

Cool! I must have confused that with MicroG - because the reason I didn't put MicroG on my Sony Xperia 10 with Lineage is that it's not available for this device...

So has anyone actually done that on the Pro1X?
OP maybe, which version did you order? Have you made changes to your OS-setup, installed, switched...?

Mine came stock with android 9, but I replaced it a few days later with LOS 17.1 Sideloaded the Gaaps as others have said. Only issues I've run into is instore google pay no longer works (supposedely I can flash Magik and root to get it to work, but I haven't yet). BOA and other banking apps are behaving as are other google apps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 3:18 PM, DerekR said:

This is an old thread but...

Was the MicroG installation successful?

Were there any puzzles you had to solve to get things working properly?

Thoughts?  Tips and tricks?

Installing the image from https://download.lineage.microg.org/pro1/ is a breeze (if you're used to side loading through adb that is), and 'just works'.

Some tips&tricks:

• In case you're not aware it does not come with Google Play (for people expecting that), but installing the Aurora Store through F-Droid is easy, and 'just works' works as well.
  • Yes, you could also side-load apps after downloading with APK Downloader, but some apps don't work the same in that case (don't ask me why that is...). You could always try that first though, although Aurora utilizes anonymous sessions and does not require a Google account.
  • In theory you can roll-your-own installation with an official build and install all microG prerequisites yourself, but even then (after passing its self-check) it did not work properly for me.

Thus far I am pleased with the result.

• Like 1