Pro1-X just arrived today, what a beautiful device.

Hey everyone!

Just got my pro1-X and I am loving everything except android 9. 🙂
the form factor is a delight. I found the finger print reader weird until I realized that with more fingers i could unlock it in both landscape and portait. I definitely regret no tasking for lineage os, and might need to flash it later, unless android 10 is on its way. I think the full screen gestures + no menu bar for the phone would just work better.

Happy to answer any questions for people on the fence.

Edited by benhbell
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone! Just got my pro1-X and I am loving everything except android 9. 🙂 the form factor is a delight. I found the finger print reader weird until I realized that with more fingers i cou

@Apextech February 2020? September 2019 here – and not all too amused anymore, either. Still – this is not fairyland where we live. This is not a world where our wishes necessarily come true, not

Hard to belive, that the Pro-X is deliverd bevor the Pro-1 is fully delieverd.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, benhbell said:

I did the most recent kick starter but purchased the 128gb pre-christmas device.

Smart move, was certainly the fastest way to get a new device. Congrats!

On 1/9/2021 at 4:15 AM, benhbell said:

think the full screen gestures + no menu bar for the phone would just work better.

It does indeed work better and you can get it now on Android 9. I've been using full screen gesture navigation and no menu bar for almost a year.

See: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conena.navigation.gesture.control

To hide the menu bar you will need to run an adb command from your PC, the app explains it to you if I recall well.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, benhbell said:

I did the most recent kick starter but purchased the 128gb pre-christmas device.

Hello! What keyboard layout you get? "Tab | q | w" or "tab | ~ | q"?

P.s. i get pre Christmas bundle with "tab | ~ | q" keyboard layout. 😞

Edited by Lucik
  • Like 2
  • benhbell changed the title to Pro1-X just arrived today, what a beautiful device.
15 hours ago, Slion said:

Smart move, was certainly the fastest way to get a new device. Congrats!

It does indeed work better and you can get it now on Android 9. I've been using full screen gesture navigation and no menu bar for almost a year.

See: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conena.navigation.gesture.control

To hide the menu bar you will need to run an adb command from your PC, the app explains it to you if I recall well.

Thanks! Going to try that this week!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, ryven said:

That is only a special "pre-Christmas" edition of 10 pieces.
I really hope they will deliver all remaining Pro1 before shipping of Pro1-X which expected to be delivered this March.

Edit: also it seems they still have the shifted QWERTY layout as every Pro1 and not the unshifted one which basically Pro1-X should have.

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, VaZso said:

That is only a special "pre-Christmas" edition of 10 pieces.
I really hope they will deliver all remaining Pro1 before shipping of Pro1-X which expected to be delivered this March.

Edit: also it seems they still have the shifted QWERTY layout as every Pro1 and not the unshifted one which basically Pro1-X should have.

Yeah its obviously the first proto type batch of the design before they got the new keyboard layouts.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Lucik said:

But in description not write about first proto type batch. And i want a normal, not shifted layout.

I understand it, they may not have the new layout available at the time of shipment.

However, otherwise I would not call them prototype as it is a proven hardware with only a minor modification on the case itself.
So they are not prototype, except the  keyboard is not unshifted which may be a problem for the user but not a problem hardware-wise.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, ryven said:

Well it is unfortunately not hard to believe. Fxtec screwed up in this point multiple times.
They had no system to send the devices out sorted by the date of the order, it was more or less random when you got your device.
They sent devices to resellers before preorders where done and so on.

But stay strong guys, the phone is worth it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, benhbell said:

Just removed the taskbar, added a rotation app for some annoying apps, and added fullscreen gestures. Im a happy man.

To force apps in landscape and other Pro1 specific features and bug fixes you may want to take a look at FxService:

• Thanks 1

I received my device this week.  On the first day I exchanged Android 9 for Sailfish OS, unfortunately I had to find out that there is no Android support in the free version.  So I currently have LineAge 17 running on the device.  As an old BlackBerry OS10 user, I was really looking forward to Sailfish OS 😞 ... but unfortunately not usable without Android ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, marcelmueller said:

I received my device this week.  On the first day I exchanged Android 9 for Sailfish OS, unfortunately I had to find out that there is no Android support in the free version.  So I currently have LineAge 17 running on the device.  As an old BlackBerry OS10 user, I was really looking forward to Sailfish OS 😞 ... but unfortunately not usable without Android ...

I fell in the same 'pit' trying out SFOS. I do not really understand why Sailfish only sell this option to their explicitly supported devices. Say sell it 'as is' unsupported.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I fell in the same 'pit' trying out SFOS. I do not really understand why Sailfish only sell this option to their explicitly supported devices. Say sell it 'as is' unsupported.

Does anyone know what is the situation with Anbox on Sailfish? Previously it was said that getting Anbox to work should be easy task.

it has 4.4 kernel getting anbox to work should be piece of cake

i think it will be pretty stable to use and possible anbox so android app support

Anbox is not as good as official Android support but better than nothing.

• Like 1

@Apextech February 2020? September 2019 here – and not all too amused anymore, either.

Still – this is not fairyland where we live. This is not a world where our wishes necessarily come true, not even when they're sensible enough and we did pay for them with good money. 

This is late-stage competitive turbo-capitalism, and on top of that business has been disrupted by the worst pandemic the planet has seen since the Spanish flu. And Fxtec is a tiny startup with only one product, trying to keep alive with just it, brutally dependent on the whims of their contract manufacturer and suppliers. 

And as disappointed as I am – in this reality, we can only be thankful that Fxtec hasn't folded yet, and to me it is obvious that without the Pro1 X campaign there would have been a high probability we wouldn't be so lucky. Yes, lucky. Because if they would fold, none of us who ordered and paid but didn't receive their devices yet would ever see either their device or their money again. 

And if it takes sending out TEN or so pre-production devices as earliest-bird perks to such a tiny number of Pro1 X backers before all old orders are fulfilled to help staying afloat, then that's more than ok with me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, matf said:

I'm not saying you should do it or that it is legal, but you may be interested in knowing

Suggesting anything that is illegal is clearly outside what is acceptable in here, I hid you comment, so you will have to make it again without that.

• Sad 1