ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Mar 24, 2022 • 12:17PM
41 minutes ago
Pro1-X March Manufacturing Update

wqesp4uxktgi622b7d08.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here is a quick update regarding Pro1-X mass manufacturing:

Shenzhen is now out of lockdown and the factory reopened for business on Monday. We have also now booked the final assembly slot, ready to begin mass manufacturing your Pro1-X’s!

• Our staff have been granted permission to travel to work, but only if they have a 48-hour negative Covid pass. As they are still short-staffed, the factory has been undergoing some housekeeping and recruitment procedures to get enough workers ready for mass manufacturing.

• We have now re-booked our assembly slot. This was originally due to begin on Saturday 26th March, however, new regulations now prohibit working over the weekend. This means that the trial assembly process will officially begin on Monday 28th March.

• The trial assembly process will help us to detect and resolve potential problems within the assembly line before we begin mass manufacturing. This will also ensure that the end product quality meets our high standards and expectations. Once this has been completed, we will finally be ready for mass manufacturing and shipping! 

• We will send round a further update next week to show you the Pro1-X assembly line and also confirm the final shipping and delivery timeline. 

Thank you for your continued patience and support. 

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

wel i recieved a email from indiegogo about the Pro1 x
so im here to rant about how i stil need to get my original pro1 and the pro1 x 
is me posting a rant about how i want stuff i paid for helpfull 
naaaah

but the indiegogo update aint helpfull either 😅

we all know its gonna be august 2022 uuuh 2023 before they ship

Chinese manufacture will only get worse in the future.  Everything that can be moved out of that country, the better.

Still waiting to see if things start shipping prior to placing an order.  Not going to put $900 out there only to have it disappear.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, Rob. S. said:

Then again, history is just repeating itself here.

If history repeat itself, FXtec starts manufacturing and shipping alright and some people actually report having received their phones. But then before they can finish all the pending phones they have to stop because of  Chinese New Year during which a major crisis breaks in China and stops all manufacturing.

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, jlavi said:

If history repeat itself, FXtec starts manufacturing and shipping alright and some people actually report having received their phones. But then before they can finish all the pending phones they have to stop because of  Chinese New Year during which a major crisis breaks in China and stops all manufacturing.

No, don't say that, please. I was still under the impression that the "before Christmas" that was communicated for my Pro1 in 2019 will at least hold true for 2022!!

• Haha 1
ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

Mar 29, 2022 • 8:25AM PDT

Pro1-X Manufacturing Update

oq1wnjarj0mxopha8hea.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

We have some exciting news for you all - the Pro1-X trial assembly process has officially begun! 

The team will be continuously monitoring the production process for the rest of the week to identify any potential problems ahead of full-scale mass manufacturing.

Watch on Vimeo

Watch on Vimeo

We can not wait to ramp up production and finally start shipping your Pro1-X's.

As always, thank you so much for all of your continued patience and support. 

Team Fxtec 🙂

Hooray! 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

An FCC page has been also published yesterday of Pro1-X FCC approval - see here.

Pro1's internal name is QX1000 (this is what also included in camera's EXIF info) and Pro1-X's internal name will be QX1050.

There is a confidentiality request which tells internal and external photos, test setup photos and user manual will be available after 180 days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
27 minutes ago, VaZso said:

An FCC page has been also published yesterday of Pro1-X FCC approval - see here.

Pro1's internal name is QX1000 (this is what also included in camera's EXIF info) and Pro1-X's internal name will be QX1050.

There is a confidentiality request which tells internal and external photos, test setup photos and user manual will be available after 180 days.

I'm not sure, but all the dates are 2019.  Seems to me this is the original Pro1?

6 minutes ago, Hook said:

I'm not sure, but all the dates are 2019.  Seems to me this is the original Pro1?

Are you looking at the right link? Some individual parts might be identical, and thus have older dates though.

Here an example of a new one. Taken from the header of the first on the list:
image.png.654eb0ef488419007b4e843b1b5110ff.png

9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Note especially the fourth from the bottom, that despite being called "Label and Label Location" is actually the interior photographs. (the actual label is a bit above on the list)

I haven't checked all documents but you are right - it may be a mistake anyway but it does not really matter I think. 🙂
I wanted to check internal photos anyway...

9 minutes ago, Hook said:

Definitively no.
You may also check documents for Pro1 here and I see main PCB and USB board are definitively different.

Anyway, it was the unit sent for FCC approval especially for Pro1-X, it should nothing to do with Pro1 (these are completely different units in this aspect).

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Are you looking at the right link? Some individual parts might be identical, and thus have older dates though.

Here an example of a new one. Taken from the header of the first on the list:
image.png.654eb0ef488419007b4e843b1b5110ff.png

So, it's weird.  Your interior photographs link takes me to the right place, the QX1050 interior photos under "label and label." But VaZso's link takes me to the QX1000 page, which seems to be the Pro1,  If I go to the top bread crumb, FX Technology Limited, I see the QX1050 link with the 2022 date, but when I click on the QX1050 link, I am also taken to the QX1000 page, which is the Pro1.  I can't find any link that takes me from the QX1000 page to the page with the interior of the QX1050 that you posted and if I click the QX1050 breadcrumb link on that page, I am back on the QX1000 page.

So, I don't know exactly what's going on at my end that is different from your end.  And maybe there is a lot of reuse from the QX1000, but I cannot find the uniquely QX1050 links.

Upshot, however, in spite of whatever I am doing wrong, I believe QX1000 is the Pro1 and QX1050 is the Pro1x

Anyway, good news, and I'll leave it at that. I'm  easily confused.  😉

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Hook said:

But VaZso's link takes me to the QX1000 page,

My very first message contained link for QX1050 and second was for comparison with QX1000.

59 minutes ago, Hook said:

Upshot, however, in spite of whatever I am doing wrong, I believe QX1000 is the Pro1 and QX1050 is the Pro1x

Right.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Hook said:

That's the url, but that's not where it takes me.  Takes me to the QX1000 page.  <shrug>  That is, the url  https://fccid.io/2AUCLQX1050   forwards me to  https://fccid.io/2AUCLQX1000

If it does differently for you, I'm stumped.

I don't know why it forwards you to QX1000 but it works for me also using my phone. 🙂

I am speaking about this message:

7 hours ago, VaZso said:

So there was a strange behaviour somewhere...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I don't know why it forwards you to QX1000 but it works for me also using my phone. 🙂

I am speaking about this message:

So there was a strange behaviour somewhere...

Very interesting.  Your link does what I say in both FireFox and Edge on my laptop (which is where I've been reading this forum), but your link works perfectly in FireFox or Fulguris on my Moto phone (Pro1 is still in shop).  Have no clue.  But not a big deal  enough to keep at it.  Just puzzling.  🙂

• Like 1
8 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Note especially the fourth from the bottom, that despite being called "Label and Label Location" is actually the interior photographs.

Unfortunately, the battery doesn't seem to add anything new to help us source it as a spare part from somewhere outside Fxtec... 

• Like 1

So here's the thing. Periodically I send the guys messages just to say hi, wish them Happy New Year, see how their families are doing. I'm nice to them. I treat them like human beings. I contact the guys in China to wish them Happy Lunar New Year and exchange pics of our cats. They are really sweet people.

When I ask them a question about shipping dates or updates, it has never taken more than 24 hours to get a reply. I didn't intend to buy another phone but my husband wanted one. But I had happily been loving my phone for a year or so and still continued to keep in touch with them.

Why? I needed nothing right?

These people are my friends. They are people. They have lives and families.

They created this marvelous device that we are all either thrilled to have or anxiously waiting to get our hands on.

When I pre-ordered the Pro1 it was February. I received my phone in December (2019).
When I changed my mind after I sold it I placed another order on 12/16/19. I received that on 01/28/2020.

Edited by sequestris
  • Thanks 4
8 hours ago, sequestris said:

These people are my friends.

I see and fully support your point that aggressive ranting about F(x)tec, as is popular on the IGG forum, does not help anyone and certainly will not lead to better communication.

However, what you are insinuating is also wrong: customers should not need to be "friends" with companies they do business with in order to get support queries answered.

Anyway, your "system" is not scalable: if we all had personal ties with the guys at F(x)tec, their mailboxes would be flooded with cat pictures in addition to our user requests. I do not see how that would improve responsiveness ... 😉     

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, claude0001 said:

I see and fully support your point that aggressive ranting about F(x)tec, as is popular on the IGG forum, does not help anyone and certainly will not lead to better communication.

However, what you are insinuating is also wrong: customers should not need to be "friends" with companies they do business with in order to get support queries answered.

Anyway, your "system" is not scalable: if we all had personal ties with the guys at F(x)tec, their mailboxes would be flooded with cat pictures in addition to our user requests. I do not see how that would improve responsiveness ... 😉     

If anybody would actually like to flood my inbox with cat pictures.. I would forever love that!

• Haha 3