Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

I'm definitely going to be using LineageOS, but my first thought is that I don't see any benefit to waiting vs requesting Android OS now just to have it on hand sooner (since I'm pretty confortable flashing it myself when the time comes). 

Though thinking on it a bit more, maybe I'll wait anyway.  My Pro1 is doing the job just fine, and if I got it now it'll probably sit idle for a while winding down the warranty. 

Side note from a couple of updates ago; did anyone else who's replaced their Pro1 screen see the picture of all those black stickers and wish they could get a few spares? :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Noob said:

Side note from a couple of updates ago; did anyone else who's replaced their Pro1 screen see the picture of all those black stickers and wish they could get a few spares? :classic_laugh: 

They did.  I had anticipated when I sent my Pro1 in last December for repairs (touch didn't work at all even when I replaced the screen) that I would be waiting until manufacture of the Pro1x for spare parts to show up.  I just received an email that my repair is done and my Pro1 will be on it's way to me shortly (was done as a warranty repair since I reported the problem 3 weeks before the end of my original 2 year warranty).  Quite honestly, great customer service, even with the long (but anticipated) repair time. 👍

Edited by Hook
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Noob said:

Side note from a couple of updates ago; did anyone else who's replaced their Pro1 screen see the picture of all those black stickers and wish they could get a few spares? 

I wish. I wonder what the black backing stickers do? Are they related to touch detection on the screen? Last year when I replaced my screen for the first time I didn't reuse the old black sticker from the original screen, and it worked fine.

Edited by agent008
spelling error
24 minutes ago, agent008 said:

I wish. I wonder what the black backing stickers do? Are they related to touch detection on the screen? Last year when I replaced my screen for the first time I didn't reuse the old black sticker from the original screen, and it worked fine.

No - it is related to the easier replacement if it is necessary.

The silver tape is a bit different, it is an additional shielding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, VaZso said:

The silver tape is a bit different, it is an additional shielding.

You mean the silver "mail" or "fabric" type tape. Correct? I kept all the pieces that were there, in their original places.

Edited by agent008
spelling error
17 minutes ago, agent008 said:

You mean the silver "mail" or "fabric" type tape. Correct? I kept all the pieces that were there, in their original places.

Yes, the "fabric" type silver tape.
It conducts electricity - you may measure it using a multimeter.

Basically this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, linparda said:

I just clicked on the Pro 1 buy button on the website which brings you to the Pro1X now - no surprise. But under that it says "Shipping July 2022" - I am really hoping that is for those that didn't pre-order. 

There is likely to be quite a backlog before any device ordered today can be delivered, so not unexpected really. But good that it has been updated from the old estimate that was there before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

There is likely to be quite a backlog before any device ordered today can be delivered, so not unexpected really. But good that it has been updated from the old estimate that was there before.

Thanks. I hope that I am not put at the bottom of the list because I ordered off the website. But I am excited to see who gets the first shipping notice as that will be the sign that things are underway. 

7 hours ago, linparda said:

Thanks. I hope that I am not put at the bottom of the list because I ordered off the website. But I am excited to see who gets the first shipping notice as that will be the sign that things are underway. 

I think they more or less will process the orders, in the same order they were made. If the produced layout batches allow it. I have no idea if they can save some shipping or custom handling fees in 'bundling' orders with close by destinations, if so that could potentially affect the order slightly.
But this is all guessing as is the time it will take to produce all needed to fulfil pending orders, as we know neither the size of the backlog nor the production rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I think they more or less will process the orders, in the same order they were made. If the produced layout batches allow it. I have no idea if they can save some shipping or custom handling fees in 'bundling' orders with close by destinations, if so that could potentially affect the order slightly.
But this is all guessing as is the time it will take to produce all needed to fulfil pending orders, as we know neither the size of the backlog nor the production rate.

I hope they don't do like another project I supported, shipping the goods all the way to AUS distribution center and ship it back to Malaysia, which Is adding extra another 2 weeks

• Sad 3
4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Yep. Thanks for the response. And the concept of bundling is one I hadn't thought of. I wonder how many of us are in the US. I suppose all of our questions will be answered shortly if they stick to end of the month shipping. 

only 6 more months to go and we are at the 2 year mark of waiting 
u can do it FX Tec 

wait im already waiting 3 years for my original pro 1 😂

Edit:
I backed the kickstarter for the Titan slim for less money and beter specs and 1/3 the price 
lets see if they can ship faster then fx tec ( even though their kickstarter has not finnished yet)

Edited by zundappchef
  • Haha 1
On 5/24/2022 at 3:32 PM, Rob. S. said:

Here's the complete message:

So now the suspicion is confirmed that LineageOS (also Ubuntu Touch) isn't ready for the shipping of this batch. Sad, but good they let us change to Android, I've just sent the mail a minute ago!

EDIT: And the change has already been confirmed by Fxtec.

Interesting how fast they can reply in some cases....My customer request to FXtec from 13.04 about the security of the android on the Pro1 has not been replied.

Edited by OKSun
3 hours ago, OKSun said:

Interesting how fast they can reply in some cases....My customer request to FXtec from 13.04 about the security of the android on the Pro1 has not been replied.

Even though the company is small it would be more surprising if anyone knew the answer for any mail directly.

5 hours ago, OKSun said:

There's of course a difference between mailings from sales which have to go to all customers and individual support requests, especially when the repair service is more or less nonexistent because they have not been getting any spare parts for many months anyway...

4 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

There's of course a difference between mailings from sales which have to go to all customers and individual support requests, especially when the repair service is more or less nonexistent because they have not been getting any spare parts for many months anyway...

Actually, as has shown up in a couple of threads here, as predicted, now that they are manufacturing, they have spare parts again.  I and several others have been notified that our repairs are done or being done.  They even threw in a battery replacement (not just me). 

Part of the problem in their communication is they don't say anything when they don't have an answer or solid information. My trust in them, however, has been based on the fact that they always come through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Hook said:

Actually, as has shown up in a couple of threads here, as predicted, now that they are manufacturing, they have spare parts again.

I hope they are also going to reply me about a replacement USB board.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

yes this is the exactly point I wanted to make. My question is not related to replacement parts, but is a software issue. It is sad, but under these conditions it is very unlikely I will buy product from them again.

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, linparda said:

Well... Here we are at the end of the month and still no shipping emails... Crazy. 

Seven days ago they wrote:
image.png.2f9e001e1d6bb34d3de202c20242525a.png
So why do you find it crazy that they have not updated after one week ?

ADD: Guessing here, I assume that they await some signing key with the official approval, as this would prevent them from flashing signed images before they get the key. Could also be a pure legal thing that they got the key, but are not allowed to flash using it before they get the paperworks on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

So why do you find it crazy that they have not updated after one week ?

I guess some have developed such passion in ranting about F(x)tec that they will feel empty and disappointed when they receive the phone after all ... 😉

Edited by claude0001
  • Haha 1