Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

6 hours ago, claude0001 said:

I guess some have developed such passion in ranting about F(x)tec that they will feel empty and disappointed when they receive the phone after all ... 😉

Hahaha! I an not ranting... But people have mentioned that they have been waiting a long time. I am late to this as I came in about two months after the February release date so I am not stressed about it just saddened that it has been pushed back a few times since I ordered. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Seven days ago they wrote:
image.png.2f9e001e1d6bb34d3de202c20242525a.png
So why do you find it crazy that they have not updated after one week ?

ADD: Guessing here, I assume that they await some signing key with the official approval, as this would prevent them from flashing signed images before they get the key. Could also be a pure legal thing that they got the key, but are not allowed to flash using it before they get the paperworks on it.

Crazy because this is all new to me. I don't have experience with companies that have alI these delays. Well... lol... I take that back.. I think I waited 1 year? 2 years for Upward Mobility to put out a new Blackberry? Guess it is a small company thing? 

2 hours ago, linparda said:

Crazy because this is all new to me. I don't have experience with companies that have alI these delays. Well... lol... I take that back.. I think I waited 1 year? 2 years for Upward Mobility to put out a new Blackberry? Guess it is a small company thing? 

Indeed they are small. But also remember the global issues like the Covid and the ship shortage that has affected huge players also. Even huge companies like Apple and VolksWagen struggle to get the parts they need.... And add to that, that FxTec was swindled shortly after the Pro1X campaign start, so they had to totally redesign for another chipset. So the whole thing is a crazy story indeed.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Indeed they are small. But also remember the global issues like the Covid and the ship shortage that has affected huge players also. Even huge companies like Apple and VolksWagen struggle to get the parts they need.... And add to that, that FxTec was swindled shortly after the Pro1X campaign start, so they had to totally redesign for another chipset. So the whole thing is a crazy story indeed.

Interesting. I had no idea that they were swindled! But very good points. Well said. 

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

Jun 6, 2022 • 3:55AM PDT

Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - June

imekllhwnqvvz4vwhnng.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here are the latest manufacturing and shipping updates:

• Mass shipping has now been confirmed for mid-June. Please note, that this date is only for backers that choose Android OS. This will include the latest security patch
  • We have been speaking to community developers to work out a rough timeframe for a stable and functioning Lineage OS and Ubuntu Touch OS:
    • Lineage OS should be stable and ready to ship in around 1 month.
    • Ubuntu Touch still has several fixes to be made. We expect this will take a few months, however there may be a beta version available shortly (approx. 1 month). 

Hopefully this information will help you to decide whether you would like to stick with Lineage or Ubuntu Touch OS or switch to Andoid OS.

Thank you all for your ongoing patience and support - we can not wait for you to receive your Pro1-Xs!

Team Fxtec 🙂

👍

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, linparda said:

"Please note, that this date is only for backers that choose Android OS." 

Does that include people that bought off the website?

Guessing here, I would expect the order to roughly be: Pending Pro1, and then Pro1X roughly in chronological order.
I doubt they will prioritise IGG perks over pre-orders or vice versa. But that said they might bundle them somehow e.g  by nation as I guess one bundle of n units could get faster and cheaper customs and shipping than n individual parcels. But again, I'm only guessing.
And we have no idea neither how fast the production rate is nor the size of the queue, so how long it will take before all orders are sent is anyone's guess.

TLDR this thread...but can anyone tell me what version on android will ship on the Pro1x if I select that?

I had chosen Lineage at the time of backing (and may ultimately stick with that).  I'm thinking of changing my selection to get a newer version of Android then version 9 that came with Pro1.  I've been interested in trying Lineage but didn't like the idea of wiping my device to start over from scratch.  As long as I have a functional Pro1, I can experiment on the Pro1x.

31 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

Good to see progress. Are they going to stick to IGG for all sales or will they eventually sell off their own website?

Also, will they ever keep stock on hand or is it made to order?

Good questions... time will tell.

4 hours ago, KingOfTerrible said:

.but can anyone tell me what version on android will ship on the Pro1x if I select that?

I wouldn't want to say I know for sure, but all previous hints seem to indicate that it is Android 11.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, toast said:

It is currently for sale (pre-order) on their website: https://fxtec.com/ , so I guess the answer is they are going to sell the Pro 1 X on their website.

As for your other question, I think noone, including fxtec, knows..

Way back in the day they did mention they would eventually keep stock on hand after preorders we're filled, but a lot has changed since then. I would still consider this phone but not until they've ironed out production and after sale support. So I continue to wait.... Keep checking in every so often

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

Way back in the day they did mention they would eventually keep stock on hand after preorders we're filled, but a lot has changed since then. I would still consider this phone but not until they've ironed out production and after sale support. So I continue to wait.... Keep checking in every so often

I would think they may have a bit more phones under production because they need some spares for warranty replacements and they may also plan to sell some phones from stock.

However, it is another question how long they may have phones in stock even if they manufacture more items.

...then they may or may not have additional phones manufactured in smaller runs but it is strongly depends also on components availability which is still hectic...

• Like 1

So, nobody's going to point out the math 🤣

Mass shipping mid June. Yet LoS needs another month 🤪

Anyway, I'm excited. I can't wait to have them both after one year without. I look forward to comparing them side by side. A shame it won't be in time for the SummerJam festival in Germany. That's what I had lasered on the back. I wanted to show it off @ SummerJam. Guess it'll have to wait another year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This just came in for those who ordered on the web:

Dear Pro1-X customer,

Here is the latest manufacturing and shipping update for your Pro1-X order!

Despite some of the delays which have affected mass manufacturing and shipping, including Covid-19 inflicted national lockdowns across China, we are now ready to start shipping!

Over the last few months, our team has been hard at work redesigning the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 and assembling devices ready for fulfillment. Your Pro1-X has been through a rigorous assembly and QC process to ensure the highest quality standards and will be shipped with the latest security patch for Android OS.

• Mass shipping has been confirmed for mid-June - a further email update will be sent around once shipping has officially begun.
  • We will be shipping devices straight from our shipping partner in Hong Kong, so expect tracking details within the next couple of weeks. 

As always, thank you for your ongoing patience and support, we can not wait for you to get your hands on your pro1-X order!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to drop us an email at [email protected].

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Another tidbit that I don't see mentioned so far.  Last week I emailed on the question of OS for those of us who purchased from the web site, not via Indigogo.  We will be getting Android. 

I ordered in Nov '21 and couldn't remember if I'd chosen LOS or Android or even had a choice during purchase.  I emailed to say Android so we'd get them ASAP.  Got a response back in a very reasonable 2 days considering the Queen's Jubilee ongoing.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I can see that I chose my perk with the Scandinavian layout. Will be interesting to see if this affects the delivery time?

I would not be surprised if plain US-QWERTY was served first.

Hopefully they know how to multi-task. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

This just came in for those who ordered on the web:

Haha, YAY... OH... YAY... OH... YAY... OH... lol. My hopes are high but my fingers are crossed that this one will be followed through. Thanks for posting! 

4 hours ago, Tommi69 said:

Wow. Good news. But anyway, if the phone really arrives, I will sell it immediatley.

Meanwhile I am so happy with the Galaxy Fold, that I will keep this.

Hi, I'm curious, does the Fold work well for those who like to type a lot? Does it have a "keyboard" function that could emulate the Pro1?

5 hours ago, toast said:

I am confused about this, as the April Pro1-X update states that On the software side, we have also passed all of the GMS tests and received the official documentation and certificates for this yesterday.

Then in the Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - May, they state that We are just waiting on the final GMS tests to be approved before we can go ahead with the OS flashing and mass shipment of devices.

Indeed this looks self contradicting. I do not know why.
My personal GUESS is that they in April just got a confirmation that it passed and they would be getting the official approval, but did not get the actual paperworks... But I could be wrong. And do seem odd that this should take more than a month to be delivered.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, toast said:

So, as the title implies, does anyone know the actual status of GMS tests of the Pro 1 X right now? 
I am confused about this, as the April Pro1-X update states that On the software side, we have also passed all of the GMS tests and received the official documentation and certificates for this yesterday.

Then in the Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - May, they state that We are just waiting on the final GMS tests to be approved before we can go ahead with the OS flashing and mass shipment of devices.

So whats the deal here? I am reading different views in the Indiegogo comments section as well.. Are they still waiting for GMS? Is that what is currently holding back the shipping? And in that case, why did they announce in April that this was all done, documented and certified? An official word on this would be great.

It's admittedly confusing, and I have no special insight on what happened here. @EskeRahn's guess is plausible. However, this last update is the first one to explicitly say "Mass shipping has now been confirmed..."  I would take that as a clear sign that the manufacturing hurdles have been surmounted.  Hopefully.

• Like 4