Having problems contacting Fxtec support

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to follow up on this, before it becomes forgotten – my Pro1 is as good as new again, thanks to @EvilDragon! 

Aaaand done! Here is the replacement display: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/spare-parts-tools/lcds/fx-tec-pro1-replacement-lcd And here the service, in case we should do that for you (display inc

I can't believe it, another screen broken – I just tried to swipe a fly from the display, and what I did was swiping the phone from the table, because the EFFING SCREEN PROTECTOR I'm now using since m

2 hours ago, Spider-Dan said:

a couple

... could well be the issue here. They got a mail system, for handling cases from the same person in one go, that pulls any pending back to the newest mail.

So when you send in a new mail, you basically pull your pending mail(s) to the back of the line.

It is not uncommon to do so. ZenDesk uses the same principle. There are both pros and cons of this system, but if people are unaware, it clearly has negative side-effects.

Also, last week their exchange email servers were hit.  On IGG they posted:

we have identified an issue with our Microsoft Exchange emails which handle [email protected]. It took some time to find the issue, as messages from https://www.fxtec.com/contact-us still work and we haven't seen a major decline in received queries. In the meantime, you can still email our help desk directly at [email protected]. We expect [email protected] to be fixed by the end of the day. Apologies we didn't notice this earlier.

So may have been a double whammy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

... could well be the issue here. They got a mail system, for handling cases from the same person in one go, that pulls any pending back to the newest mail.

So when you send in a new mail, you basically pull your pending mail(s) to the back of the line.

It is not uncommon to do so. ZenDesk uses the same principle. There are both pros and cons of this system, but if people are unaware, it clearly has negative side-effects.

I waited over a week between using the https://www.fxtec.com/contact-us form and sending the e-mail to [email protected], and then I waited another 2 weeks between sending that e-mail and making this post.  Is the queue to receive an acknowledgement of my message normally that long?  Given that the contact form says that they "aim to get back to you within 24 hours," I figured that a week (and then two more weeks) was a reasonable time to wait for a response.

Edited by Spider-Dan
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Spider-Dan said:

I figured that a week (and then two more weeks) was a reasonable time to wait for a response.

Indeed. But as they just discovered the mail-setup bug @Hook described a few days ago, they might well have a pile waiting there. 😥

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ToniCipriani said:

Bump... how's the email backlog right now? Raised a ticket to Zendesk info but seeing if I need to copy the email to support.

It's hard to tell. 

I was dealing with this in November and December, which was when they were full-speed on the IGG campaign.  Sometimes I got an answer in 48 hours, sometimes two weeks.  Their answers were always useful and good, so I just became rather zen about when the answers came.  I felt strongly I would be taken care of if I was patient.  And I was right.  The actual warranty screen replacement was excellent.

They did have me go through several stages.  They had me video the problem, then they had me open up the screen assembly and check that the cable was properly seated.  Finally, they asked me to send my Pro1 to them. It's not the speediest warranty repair, but I always felt they cared a lot about the problem and getting it fixed right.

The time scale was November and December working back and forth by email, I sent my Pro1 (US to UK) in late December, they had it when they returned to the offices in early January, I had it back by early February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/30/2021 at 11:25 PM, Hook said:

They did have me go through several stages.  They had me video the problem, then they had me open up the screen assembly and check that the cable was properly seated.  Finally, they asked me to send my Pro1 to them. It's not the speediest warranty repair, but I always felt they cared a lot about the problem and getting it fixed right.

I really hope mine doesn't end up in a full phone RMA, especially not with how Google handles backups where it has to be 45 days active.

Also paying for the duties and taxes when importing my current one really sucked.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also having issues making contact since the beginning of March.

They were very quick to respond to my request to buy a new screen and sent me an invoice and instructions.

I paid that day, March 1st, and confirmed my shipping address.

They responded confirming the order March 2nd and said it should ship the next week.

Seven weeks later I have not received a screen and have never heard from them again.  I did send e-mails on April 3rd and 14th asking for a shipping update, no reply.

I started a new case this Monday, got their auto e-mail response, but nothing since then.

I an considering contacting my credit card company.

Any advice?

Thank you

• Sad 4
55 minutes ago, Laws said:

I am also having issues making contact since the beginning of March.

They were very quick to respond to my request to buy a new screen and sent me an invoice and instructions.

I paid that day, March 1st, and confirmed my shipping address.

They responded confirming the order March 2nd and said it should ship the next week.

Seven weeks later I have not received a screen and have never heard from them again.  I did send e-mails on April 3rd and 14th asking for a shipping update, no reply.

I started a new case this Monday, got their auto e-mail response, but nothing since then.

Interesting; I asked for a replacement screen on March 16 and heard nothing since then, didn't even get an autoresponder mail.

The only good news in your report seems to be that FxTec actually seems to have replacement screens (or at least had some in early March).

Did you write to [email protected] or [email protected] (don't know whether this matters, asking just in case it might)?

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

Interesting; I asked for a replacement screen on March 16 and heard nothing since then, didn't even get an autoresponder mail.

The only good news in your report seems to be that FxTec actually seems to have replacement screens (or at least had some in early March).

Did you write to [email protected] or [email protected] (don't know whether this matters, asking just in case it might)?

If you never got an auto-responder message, I would question they received it.  I have always gotten an auto-response to a new email to [email protected] that was a new request (responses formatted with ticket number and "type above this line" don't get auto-responses). I have always only used the [email protected] address and have always gotten a real response from them within 2 weeks (it varies-- I've had responses within 48 hours... 2 weeks is the max). 

@Erik Any idea what's going on in these two cases?

Edited by Hook
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2021 at 10:34 AM, Rob. S. said:

I will try [email protected].
Both of mine went to [email protected].

Thanks.

And an update, I read some old posts where someone confirmed that the elephone u/u pro screen is what the Pro1 uses.
Found one here and it is several times cheaper than what F(x)tec charged me:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002314744127.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.64fe4c4dJvkrmj
There is a month delivery time, but I have already waited much longer for a screen from F(x)tec that I have no idea if it has/ever will ship.

Edited by Laws
Update
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Laws said:

And an update, I read some old posts where someone confirmed that the elephone u/u pro screen is what the Pro1 uses.

Found one here and it is several times cheaper than what F(x)tec charged me:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002314744127.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.64fe4c4dJvkrmj
There is a month delivery time, but I have already waited much longer for a screen from F(x)tec that I have no idea if it has/ever will ship.

It works with Pro1, however, a bit more complicated to replace as it does not come together with a frame.

However, as far as I have found, these displays (at Aliexpress) are not perfect, so you should expect some (mostly minor) problems like smaller or bigger blank (black surface) area at one or two corners.

I have even received a display which has a relatively large black spot in a very wrong place.

So, generally they are useable, but some minor problems (mostly acceptable) are exists, so it is unlikely you will receive an absolutely perfect one.

I have replaced my display bought at Aliexpress twice, the first one has developed a whiter and whiter screen in every colours temporarily, then it became its only way to "work" after a few months of use.
So I am on my second replacement which also has some colour temperature problem (the first one was the same like original one) at lower brightness (it is blueish instead of greenish like original display).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 4/22/2021 at 3:18 PM, VaZso said:

It works with Pro1, however, a bit more complicated to replace as it does not come together with a frame.

However, as far as I have found, these displays (at Aliexpress) are not perfect, so you should expect some (mostly minor) problems like smaller or bigger blank (black surface) area at one or two corners.

I have even received a display which has a relatively large black spot in a very wrong place.

So, generally they are useable, but some minor problems (mostly acceptable) are exists, so it is unlikely you will receive an absolutely perfect one.

I have replaced my display bought at Aliexpress twice, the first one has developed a whiter and whiter screen in every colours temporarily, then it became its only way to "work" after a few months of use.
So I am on my second replacement which also has some colour temperature problem (the first one was the same like original one) at lower brightness (it is blueish instead of greenish like original display).

Hi,

Thank you so much for the info.  As long as I can see the screen and the encoder is not doing stupid things while I try to use the phone, I will be happy.

From what F(x)tech said, I may not have my screen till at lease August.  Given that time frame, I would have to buy a new phone.

6 hours ago, Laws said:

Hi,

Thank you so much for the info.  As long as I can see the screen and the encoder is not doing stupid things while I try to use the phone, I will be happy.

From what F(x)tech said, I may not have my screen till at lease August.  Given that time frame, I would have to buy a new phone.

Hi,

I basically satisfied with the display ordered from Aliexpress, so I may order it again as basically it only has a minor problem at a corner.
However, it may also arrive in a month or so.

I don't know where do you live, but @EvilDragon may have some of them for sale, at least if I remember well, he wanted to order replacement screens for repair and maybe for selling them, I just mention him because it may be faster unless you live in the USA.
So these are the same displays (if he has them) what you may bought from Aliexpress, not from F(x)tec.

Edited by VaZso

Seeing that my display now has also developed two thin, bright beams coming out of the 5mm black hole I had managed to create in it by dropping the device, so it's not exactly getting better, and with me still being buried in other work, now thanks to @EvilDragon's announcement I decided to book his replacement service, even though I already have bought two displays (and a heat gun!) elsewhere – which I'll keep as spares... I'll report how it goes! Being in the same country, at least that will reduce shipping durations to a minimum...

• Like 4
On 4/29/2021 at 10:39 AM, Rob. S. said:

Seeing that my display now has also developed two thin, bright beams coming out of the 5mm black hole I had managed to create in it by dropping the device, so it's not exactly getting better, and with me still being buried in other work, now thanks to @EvilDragon's announcement I decided to book his replacement service, even though I already have bought two displays (and a heat gun!) elsewhere – which I'll keep as spares... I'll report how it goes! Being in the same country, at least that will reduce shipping durations to a minimum...

Maybe he will negotiate the price if you send the screen as well 🙂

• Like 2
7 hours ago, _DW_ said:

Maybe he will negotiate the price if you send the screen as well 🙂

🙂  Good idea, though after their ticket form already said "we are currently swamped with work, so it may take up to a week or two", I didn't bother. The package is on its way; maybe I'll still try to call them tomorrow to give them the phone's unlock code, as applying the touch area patch is part of the service  👍  and I didn't mention it in my order...

• Like 2