Having problems contacting Fxtec support

2 hours ago, Spider-Dan said:

a couple

... could well be the issue here. They got a mail system, for handling cases from the same person in one go, that pulls any pending back to the newest mail.

So when you send in a new mail, you basically pull your pending mail(s) to the back of the line.

It is not uncommon to do so. ZenDesk uses the same principle. There are both pros and cons of this system, but if people are unaware, it clearly has negative side-effects.

Also, last week their exchange email servers were hit.  On IGG they posted:

we have identified an issue with our Microsoft Exchange emails which handle [email protected] It took some time to find the issue, as messages from https://www.fxtec.com/contact-us still work and we haven't seen a major decline in received queries. In the meantime, you can still email our help desk directly at [email protected] We expect [email protected] to be fixed by the end of the day. Apologies we didn't notice this earlier.

So may have been a double whammy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

... could well be the issue here. They got a mail system, for handling cases from the same person in one go, that pulls any pending back to the newest mail.

So when you send in a new mail, you basically pull your pending mail(s) to the back of the line.

It is not uncommon to do so. ZenDesk uses the same principle. There are both pros and cons of this system, but if people are unaware, it clearly has negative side-effects.

I waited over a week between using the https://www.fxtec.com/contact-us form and sending the e-mail to [email protected], and then I waited another 2 weeks between sending that e-mail and making this post.  Is the queue to receive an acknowledgement of my message normally that long?  Given that the contact form says that they "aim to get back to you within 24 hours," I figured that a week (and then two more weeks) was a reasonable time to wait for a response.

Edited by Spider-Dan
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Spider-Dan said:

I figured that a week (and then two more weeks) was a reasonable time to wait for a response.

Indeed. But as they just discovered the mail-setup bug @Hook described a few days ago, they might well have a pile waiting there. 😥

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ToniCipriani said:

Bump... how's the email backlog right now? Raised a ticket to Zendesk info but seeing if I need to copy the email to support.

It's hard to tell. 

I was dealing with this in November and December, which was when they were full-speed on the IGG campaign.  Sometimes I got an answer in 48 hours, sometimes two weeks.  Their answers were always useful and good, so I just became rather zen about when the answers came.  I felt strongly I would be taken care of if I was patient.  And I was right.  The actual warranty screen replacement was excellent.

They did have me go through several stages.  They had me video the problem, then they had me open up the screen assembly and check that the cable was properly seated.  Finally, they asked me to send my Pro1 to them. It's not the speediest warranty repair, but I always felt they cared a lot about the problem and getting it fixed right.

The time scale was November and December working back and forth by email, I sent my Pro1 (US to UK) in late December, they had it when they returned to the offices in early January, I had it back by early February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/30/2021 at 11:25 PM, Hook said:

They did have me go through several stages.  They had me video the problem, then they had me open up the screen assembly and check that the cable was properly seated.  Finally, they asked me to send my Pro1 to them. It's not the speediest warranty repair, but I always felt they cared a lot about the problem and getting it fixed right.

I really hope mine doesn't end up in a full phone RMA, especially not with how Google handles backups where it has to be 45 days active.

Also paying for the duties and taxes when importing my current one really sucked.

• Like 1