Anyone else getting repeated keys AND keys out of order?  I can type something like APPLE and it may come out APPELL.  Most certainly software, and not just the debouncing issue I described that can repeat keys.

And I also have experienced severe lagg (that extra "g" was a repeated key for real) where the keyboard input is several seconds behind.  It seems to happen a lot faster when I Copy and Paste web text.  I have to wonder if this is due to a keylog file that we don't know about.  Because, unlike the repeat issue, that problem is always resolved on a reboot (so maybe a new log file is created from scratch and there is no delay for a while????)  Just a thought of what else to explore in endless amounts of flawed code...

5 hours ago, adam.c.r.roman said:

Anyone else getting repeated keys AND keys out of order?  I can type something like APPLE and it may come out APPELL.  Most certainly software, and not just the debouncing issue I described that can repeat keys.

Indeed, but wasn't that something that's been reported very early and also fixed in the first stock Android update? 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, adam.c.r.roman said:

....the keyboard input is several seconds behind....

That sounds like something eats up the processing power, so it is unable to process the keystrokes in real time.
But obviously what ever does the processing should have had sufficient priority for this not to happen normally.

Anything you are aware of running in the background that might be what is disturbing. E.g. some complex sound decoding, playing high-resolution sound?
I would try to install something like GSam or the like, to find out what is using the resources. (GSam registers the battery pull over time, but any substantial CPU activity should also leave a mark in the power consumption). It MIGHT be something that it is OK got a higher priority than the keyboard.

To make it do it's best, make sure to give att to see the battery statistics. (for the version paid with money/ads respectively)

adb -d shell pm grant com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro android.permission.BATTERY_STATS
adb -d shell pm grant com.gsamlabs.bbm     android.permission.BATTERY_STATS

21 minutes ago, Laska said:

I think it is temperature related: on a hot, sunny day I get almost every key doubled. And it never happen with software keyboard input which shoud have same processing priority.

I would be surprised if the handling of the physical keys and touch are not substantially different, so do not think we can deduce from differences between the two.