Pro1X, Stock Android non-GMS build?

Hi there,

I've just received the Pro1x and I only want to use android without GMS. Although I can debloat it from adb I woud ask if it's possible from FXtec to make a stock build without GMS or if I have to wait until some lineage OS build comes to reallity. I'm the only one with this needs?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, qtekfun said:

Hi there,

I've just received the Pro1x and I only want to use android without GMS. Although I can debloat it from adb I woud ask if it's possible from FXtec to make a stock build without GMS or if I have to wait until some lineage OS build comes to reallity. I'm the only one with this needs?

Thanks in advance!

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think they can and still release properly certified Android.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, qtekfun said:

@EskeRahn I've ususally use this: https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater but that's not what I want.

@Hook Whaaaat?  I don' know anything about that. Please some info is welcome!

For an AOSP based version like LineageOS or AICP we will have to wait, and no, I have no idea how long, unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, qtekfun said:

@EskeRahn I've ususally use this: https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater but that's not what I want.

@Hook Whaaaat?  I don' know anything about that. Please some info is welcome!

I've never been able to find a source that spells it out, but I believe that once a company has had  their Android GMS certified, there are road blocks to their providing a non-certfied version without Gapps. But, it's a guess, not fact.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

For an AOSP based version like LineageOS or AICP we will have to wait, and no, I have no idea how long, unfortunately.

Don't worry. I know the rule about no ETA

1 hour ago, Hook said:

I've never been able to find a source that spells it out, but I believe that once a company has had  their Android GMS certified, there are road blocks to their providing a non-certfied version without Gapps. But, it's a guess, not fact.

Ok. Thanks

I've asked f(x)tec some days ago about getting a Gappless version as an alternative of having to deal with google spy stuff and google's ToS (which is even worse than gmail's🤮). I'm waiting for an answer.

Do note that If there were early LOS builds, I wouldn't have asked that.

Edited by brunoais

We got this with the Pro1, but as a once-off that @tdm kindly provided because he had access to the source as the LineageOS developer at the time.  I don't believe it was updated though, and while it would be nice to get it again I wouldn't get my hopes up.  Note this also likely means no OTA updates.

Edited by Noob
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Noob said:

We got this with the Pro1, but as a once-off that @tdm kindly provided because he had access to the source as the LineageOS developer at the time.  I don't believe it was updated though, and while it would be nice to get it again I wouldn't get my hopes up.  Note this also likely means no OTA updates.

It would be nice with an official AOSP build, with updates, that LineageOS, AICP and others could build from.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, asonix said:

Is it possible to flash this with adb or fastboot? I'd rather not figure out how to set up a windows VM with USB passthrough just to play with this phone.

Yes, you can. I'll list the general steps below, let me know if you have any questions:

1. Unlock bootloader first by following the guide here.

2. Then, flash the GMS-less recovery.img by doing:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

3. After that, reboot your Pro1-X to recovery mode. On dead Android logo, use button combo : Power + Volume Up

adb reboot recovery

4. Use Volume buttons to navigate the menu to select "Apply update from ADB", and use power button to select.

5. We will now use ADB sideload to flash the "“merged-qssi_bengal-ota.zip” inside the GMS-less firmware folder. 

adb sideload merged-qssi_bengal-ota.zip

6. Once the process reaches 100%, you'll see the recovery menu again. Select "Reboot system now".

• Thanks 6
14 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

It would be great if we could have an equally simple process to flash it to its stock Android-state (with GMS).

There is another way to use a script to flash all OTA images in fastbootd mode, but this needs more fine tuning. Same method stated above also works with GMS build, but still need testing too. I'm working with beta-testers to ensure everything works before I publish here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Pro1X, Stock Android non-GMS build?
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for making the GMS-less beta-build available. Installed it via fastboot/adb as described above and rooted following the official guide (thanks for that, too!) - works fine.

I won't use the Pro1X productively before a somewhat mature LineageOS becomes available. But until then, this is a good way to play around with the device without big G watching too much.

Dumb question: Is it normal that in GMS-less 2.1.5 available WiFi networks are not automatically detected or listed in the quick-settings panel? In stock 2.1.2 (as in LineageOS) I get a list of all networks in range by tapping the SSID below the WiFi icon. In GMS-less 2.1.5 I have to set up every single network by going through the settings app. 

• Like 2
On 10/26/2022 at 1:07 PM, claude0001 said:

Is it normal that in GMS-less 2.1.5 available WiFi networks are not automatically detected or listed in the quick-settings panel?

I am running GMS-less 2.1.5 and I see all wifi networks in the quicksettings panel.

• Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...
On 9/22/2022 at 11:37 AM, Casey said:

2. Then, flash the GMS-less recovery.img by doing:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

hey in step 2. you shold also add:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

at least with a comment, that this is needed to restore stock OS after using some other android like LineageOS :)