Please Enter Your FxTec Device Information in your Member Title slot under "Edit Profile."

Just now, Benni said:

I'm unable to find this option. Can you provide a guide?

Click on your avatar as a link to your profile.  Click the edit profile button at the top.  You will see a "member title" field.  Type in what you want and save.

10 hours ago, Hook said:

Click on your avatar as a link to your profile.  Click the edit profile button at the top.  You will see a "member title" field.  Type in what you want and save.

I may be dumb but I cannot find "member title" field. I have only birthday and about me fields. Am I missing something?

• Like 2

As far as I understand, you can put your phone model in the "about me" field.
But the title (with your phone model, as expected) only appears in the "computer version" of the webpage.
In android you will have to "click" fist on the user profil to see more information, or switch your page in "computer version".

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, raymo said:

As far as I understand, you can put your phone model in the "about me" field.
But the title (with your phone model, as expected) only appears in the "computer version" of the webpage.
In android you will have to "click" fist on the user profil to see more information, or switch your page in "computer version".

Still cannot see "member title". I activated desktop mode on browser but I can see only about me and birthday fields.

Screenshot_20221117-132956_Kiwi_Browser_1.thumb.jpg.6d22bdaa0aea9d7839f584535c036b40.jpg

Strange. I get this just fine with either desktop Firefox or on my Pro1 using either Fulguris or Firefox (screenshot is FireFox on Pro1).  Don't know why others aren't. 🤔

Screenshot_20221117-073850_Firefox.png

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, suicidal_orange said:

Did you have something in there before?  Maybe it's an old option and if left empty after a forum software upgrade it disappeared? (or never appeared for us newer members)

I don't think I had anything there before. As I said, I never noticed the option before and my memory (which is not always reliable) is that it was blank.

@FlyingAnterois by no means a recent member and he/she seems to be having the problem you are, so I dunno. 

Edited by Hook

Okay, I found the solution. This "member title" is actually considered to be sort of an exclusive perk for active users who have contributed a lot in the forums. In my Admin control panel, I was able to find the current threshold to "unlock" members title - 500 content posts. Considering @Hook's suggestion is very constructive, I've lowered the threshold to 0 contents required (unless there's any thoughts on this?), meaning all new/old users can set their own titles now. 

Enjoy! 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
1 hour ago, suicidal_orange said:

Assuming this field will now be shown/requested when you first sign in is there perhaps an option for a default that could say "write your device info here" @Casey?

Good suggestion, but it's not possible to change the "members title" name to anything else on my side 😕

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

Assuming this field will now be shown/requested when you first sign in is there perhaps an option for a default that could say "write your device info here" @Casey?

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Good suggestion, but it's not possible to change the "members title" name to anything else on my side 😕

Maybe just pin this thread to the top of the forum?  Change the title to: Please Enter Your FxTec Device Information in Member Title slot under "Edit Profile." 

• Thanks 1
  • Casey changed the title to Please Enter Your FxTec Device Information in your Member Title slot under "Edit Profile."
  • EskeRahn featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...