What's your favourite HW keyboard phone?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh right, this thread! I can say it now, my favorite HW keyboard phone is the F(x)tec Pro1 :).

That Droid 4 was seeing an E7 or N950 when N900 wasn't home...

only youuuuuuu.... its Nokia n950 with desktop debian inside 🙂  Qt creator, arm-none-eabi-gcc, minGW, x86 compiler, and avr-gcc... etc..  Writing programm for anything!! 

Posted Images

On 11/6/2019 at 1:41 AM, windraver said:

Motorola Droid 4. I really really wanted the Droid 5 rumored. And then there was the Moto Mod QWERTY...

I'm actually rather glad now they didn't make the mod because the Moto Z3 and Z4 were terrible subpar and the lack of a Force device just showed Moto has fallen.

The Droid 5 is coming......from F(x)tec. :P They picked up the mantle and made the next Droid. Sorry Motorola...you missed the opportunity.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, silversolver said:

The Droid 5 is coming......from F(x)tec. 😛 They picked up the mantle and made the next Droid. Sorry Motorola...you missed the opportunity.

...or even Nokia (N900 -> N950 -> ...)

• Like 1

Been meaning to do this for a while... Really only one good HW keyboard phone I've had (1st pic)...

And I used it to take the 2nd pic. - the set-up I'm using now 😉

Prior to my N97 (not mini), it was an N82; & before that the N3250 (my 1st 'smart' phone, WiFi, etc). Once the browser got too limited on the N97 (😪) I've been stuck with 'slabs'.  But at least the BT KB (2nd pic) makes my Lumia 950 much easier to use...

WP_20191130_13_51_34_Pro (3).jpg

950_TechGearBT-Kb.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, abielins said:

First thing I did. Complaining about a feature you can just turn off is weird and kind of unfair.

If I remember right, the turning off was something added - and there were a backside of turning it off too - frankly forgot what it was though. But was enough so that I kept it On, despite all the nuisance.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

If I remember right, the turning off was something added - and there were a backside of turning it off too - frankly forgot what it was though. But was enough so that I kept it On, despite all the nuisance.

Also the setup doesn't ask if you'd like to disable it, so you're left with it unless you happen to wonder if it can be disabled, and dig through the settings. Nothing weird here except BlackBerry LOL. I don't hate BlackBerry, but I do feel that making the keyboard a trackpad was a weird idea.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Waxberry said:

Mine is also the Nokia N950 the same as @sixaxis I have been using it for 4 years and was afraid of break the screen and not able to get it fixed. 

@kashifWhat is the far right device? Looks really cool! I love E7 a lot as well, I put N950 above E7 for it's OS and flat keyboard instead of humps... 🙂

@Waxberry its OQO model one.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

DSC_0195_1.thumb.JPG.4f2c50293705f3c48c8fdff126990750.JPG

First day with Pro1! Droid 4 was the king for me until today 😉

Nice photo composition! Those 'old' devices still look slick and futuristic to me.

So far, the Hall of Fame for HWKB phones appears to include (in no particular order):

What am I missing? Edit 1 -> added Xperia Pro

Edited by Maplesteel
Add HP Veer, Xperia Pro, Xperia X1, Hiptop series, HTC Wizard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, Maplesteel said:

What am I missing?

Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro was common device here as well. I have one, but it's the only Android keyboard phone I have, so I didn't really feel like posting, having not much to choose a favorite from.

Edited by elvissteinjr