Direct Emails from fxtec that I have been authorized to share.

So anyone thinking that they still might get the phone in October, I would say that it is a safe bed that you will not. Stranger things have happened though.

I have no idea what the schematic is for issuance of the devices, but this is what I have been told.

They are pretty good about responding to all of my emails within about 12 hours or so, and I will post back what I find.

[attachment file=37923]

I cannot confirm that this message was authorised to be shared, but either way, we are happy to elaborate. The confidentiality statement is there is to avoid mass misunderstanding.

As per my previous communications on the forum, we don't yet have a precise shipping timeframe, we only have an expected window within which we will have our devices in the fulfilment warehouses (US, EU). As my colleague mentioned, this is expected to happen between (not after) 1-2 weeks from today. After those 1-2 weeks, we'll be ready to start shipping the Pro1 to our customers.

Exact shipping dates are not available yet, due to the above potential complications my colleague mentioned. I know for a fact UK and US customs will sometimes hold a large shipment for a couple of days, completely out of line with the courier's shipping deadlines.

As some of you found out, we're working very hard to meet yours and our expectations, despite previously making false predictions due to unexpected factors such as licensing, and I think we can all agree that's a big one that can strike companies of any scale at any time :). Our CTO Liangchen is currently in the factory and we should soon have some more info from him, which will be emailed to you as soon as we hear.

Our customers will have their devices delivered, or at least shipped by the end of this month, starting from the second week of October.

Erik

Exact shipping dates are not available yet, due to the above potential complications my colleague mentioned. I know for a fact UK and US customs will sometimes hold a large shipment for a couple of days, completely out of line with the courier’s shipping deadlines.

Erik

So Erik does that means that customers in other parts like i am in Australia has no hope to be shipped before november or beyond? i ordered in early march and it seems unfair that we in Australia will miss out the shipment in october?

There is a conflict between that email and what @Erik-FX is stating. Leaving the factory in 1-2 weeks, on the way to the fulfillment centers, is not necessarily the same as being ready to ship to customers in 1-2 weeks. The gap here is how long it takes to get from the factory to the fulfillment centers (both in transit time and customs hold time). If, for instance, it takes the slow boat from China to the USA, then that could be the middle of November before it hits the USA. If customs holds it for a few days and the fulfillment center takes a few days to package it for delivery, then it could be closer to the end of November before it reaches customers. If the phones are sent overnight from China to the USA (and other countries), then it could be a much different timeline.

I assume this only applies to phones, that have been already pre-ordered? What about those, who buy today or in a week or two - would it be likely for me to receive it this year? The problem is, that while the phone sure has its advantages, the chipset etc. already started aging...

The gap here is how long it takes to get from the factory to the fulfillment centers (both in transit time and customs hold time). If, for instance, it takes the slow boat from China to the USA, then that could be the middle of November before it hits the USA.

They are not necessarily have to be travel on a slow boat anyway.

However, Li-Ion batteries may cause problems I think.

Not the same range, but currently I have an order which was shipped on 29 September from China to Europe / Hungary and expected to arrive on 3 October - it has already passed customs and is currently in the capital city of my country. It will arrive on 2nd or 3rd depending of the end of delivery chain (it has already happened to receive package from the same source and courier a day before expected delivery date).

Sometimes I order from the USA from a wholesaler and delivery time is similar (only a few working days, maybe 2-3).

So, better couriers are able to do fast transits even for far places.

However, I can order from European wholesaler by next day anyway, but it is in a relatively close country.

My understanding of the text: they have two locations for “order fulfilment warehouses”, both the UK and US. Devices to the whole world will ship from there. Not only UK and US devices but all devices will be sent out from these two locations.

To my knowledge, they've never really mentioned where orders outside Europe and North America will ship from. It would make logical sense to ship asia/pacific orders out of Hong Kong, no need to go thru US/UK....

Exact shipping dates are not available yet, due to the above potential complications my colleague mentioned. I know for a fact UK and US customs will sometimes hold a large shipment for a couple of days, completely out of line with the courier’s shipping deadlines.

Erik

So Erik does that means that customers in other parts like i am in Australia has no hope to be shipped before november or beyond? i ordered in early march and it seems unfair that we in Australia will miss out the shipment in october?

Not quite. As far as I am aware, orders to Australia will ship from Hong Kong or the US. We wouldn't delay orders based on regions.

There is a conflict between that email and what @erik-fx is stating. Leaving the factory in 1-2 weeks, on the way to the fulfillment centers, is not necessarily the same as being ready to ship to customers in 1-2 weeks. The gap here is how long it takes to get from the factory to the fulfillment centers (both in transit time and customs hold time). If, for instance, it takes the slow boat from China to the USA, then that could be the middle of November before it hits the USA. If customs holds it for a few days and the fulfillment center takes a few days to package it for delivery, then it could be closer to the end of November before it reaches customers. If the phones are sent overnight from China to the USA (and other countries), then it could be a much different timeline.

As far as I know, the stock would be transported to our warehouses with an express courier service such as DHL, therefore the shipment would only take around 3 days to reach the US and the EU from the manufacturing facility in China. The only thing that could delay transportation would be customs clearance, but that doesn't usually take more than 3 days even if it's delayed.

I assume this only applies to phones, that have been already pre-ordered? What about those, who buy today or in a week or two – would it be likely for me to receive it this year? The problem is, that while the phone sure has its advantages, the chipset etc. already started aging…

If it's a recent order, for example one placed today, it is unlikely, but still possible that it will ship by the end of October. Most likely in November, as we have to prioritise the thousands of early orders that we have.

My understanding of the text: they have two locations for “order fulfilment warehouses”, both the UK and US. Devices to the whole world will ship from there. Not only UK and US devices but all devices will be sent out from these two locations.

Correct, but we're also looking into a third fulfilment location - Hong Kong, it just hasn't been established yet while the UK and the US are ready to process our orders as soon as they arrive there.

I assume this only applies to phones, that have been already pre-ordered? What about those, who buy today or in a week or two – would it be likely for me to receive it this year? The problem is, that while the phone sure has its advantages, the chipset etc. already started aging…

If it’s a recent order, for example one placed today, it is unlikely, but still possible that it will ship by the end of October. Most likely in November, as we have to prioritise the thousands of early orders that we have.

It might be good to update the shop page, it still says "Shipping globally is estimated to be early October 2019."

If it’s a recent order, for example one placed today, it is unlikely, but still possible that it will ship by the end of October. Most likely in November, as we have to prioritise the thousands of early orders that we have.

In this case the "Buy now" option on the site seems a bit dishonest IMHO. The current wording is:

Shipping globally is estimated to be early October 2019.

When I ordered early september, it was mid september. There's the delay, which is fine. But with the information you gave, the honest upfront wording should be

"Shipping for orders that are not yours are estimated to be early october 2019. Your order will likely be shipped a month later.".

I cannot confirm that this message was authorised to be shared, but either way, we are happy to elaborate. The confidentiality statement is there is to avoid mass misunderstanding.

As per my previous communications on the forum, we don’t yet have a precise shipping timeframe, we only have an expected window within which we will have our devices in the fulfilment warehouses (US, EU). As my colleague mentioned, this is expected to happen between (not after) 1-2 weeks from today. After those 1-2 weeks, we’ll be ready to start shipping the Pro1 to our customers.

As some of you found out, we’re working very hard to meet yours and our expectations, despite previously making false predictions due to unexpected factors such as licensing, and I think we can all agree that’s a big one that can strike companies of any scale at any time :). Our CTO Liangchen is currently in the factory and we should soon have some more info from him, which will be emailed to you as soon as we hear. https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/status/1178545056191598593

Our customers will have their devices delivered, or at least shipped by the end of this month, starting from the second week of October.

Erik

Thank you for the clarification, Erik, I wouldn't have shared without asking to do so.

I received a reply that I should make certain that there is no ambiguity. Hence the screenshot rather than a copy and paste.

I, personally, am happy to wait until things are right, as long as I do not lose the chance to execute a return before I even receive the device.

That is my number one concern.

It's just not fair that the return window for a phone that was pre-ordered would expire before delivery.

As long as you can ensure (us) that will not happen, I think that goes a long way.

Cancelling now to guarantee I would get my money back is not a solution; I WANT the phone.

Your transparency goes a LONG way to assuage our fears.

Keep up the good fight, we're all rooting for your company's success.

It’s just not fair that the return window for a phone that was pre-ordered would expire before delivery.

As long as you can ensure (us) that will not happen, I think that goes a long way.

The return window doesn't start before you've received the device, that's the law (at least in the EU).

Hi Erik. I believe I have understood from your replies on this thread that all pre-orders which were placed up to the time that the first please pay requests were emailed (all pre-orders placed between first quarter 2019 and August 1st)

WILL BE in that first batch of orders that will begin the shipping process (factory to fulfillment centers) in mid-October, which will then be dispatched (leaving fulfillment centers to postal services) to customers before the end of October (with expected final delivery -- in hands of all these early customers -- in early November)?

Could you confirm if this is all correct?

"As we are a startup trying to launch our product for the first time, several things delayed our launch such as the Google certification, Chinese holidays and delays to perfect the Pro1 before launch. The other option for startups is, of course, crowdfunding platforms such as Indiegogo, but those would typically come with a 1 year shipping time which should be pre-paid and zero guarantees.

In our scenario, you can request a refund any minute, and for 14 days after delivery, for any reason. And if this is not assuring enough, please give your bank a call to confirm you have until around the 1st of November to charge the amount back for the transaction you have with us."

Around November 1st

There is a conflict between that email and what
is stating. Leaving the factory in 1-2 weeks, on the way to the fulfillment centers, is not necessarily the same as being ready to ship to customers in 1-2 weeks. The gap here is how long it takes to get from the factory to the fulfillment centers (both in transit time and customs hold time). If, for instance, it takes the slow boat from China to the USA, then that could be the middle of November before it hits the USA. If customs holds it for a few days and the fulfillment center takes a few days to package it for delivery, then it could be closer to the end of November before it reaches customers. If the phones are sent overnight from China to the USA (and other countries), then it could be a much different timeline.

As far as I know, the stock would be transported to our warehouses with an express courier service such as DHL, therefore the shipment would only take around 3 days to reach the US and the EU from the manufacturing facility in China. The only thing that could delay transportation would be customs clearance, but that doesn’t usually take more than 3 days even if it’s delayed.

So if we put together the email plus this added information about courier time and customs, we have, as a theoretical worst case, for early pre-orders:

- Leaving the Chinese factory on 10/15

- 3 days transport time to the USA and EU = 10/18

- 3 days in customs = 10/21

- 1 day transport from customs to fulfillment center = 10/22 (added this as a guess)

- 3 days packaging at the fulfillment center = 10/25 (added this as a guess)

- 3 days transport time from the fulfillment center to the customer if in the same country (USA to USA, EU to EU) = 10/28 in customer's hands

If we look at best case:

- Leaving the Chinese factory on 10/8

- 3 days transport time to the USA and EU = 10/11

- 0 days in customs = 10/11

- 1 day transport from customs to fulfillment center = 10/12

- 1 day packaging at the fulfillment center = 10/13

- 1 day transport time from the fulfillment center to the customer if in the same country and either close to the fulfillment center or they send it overnight = 10/14

If all that is correct, we're looking at another 11 to 25 days from today (10/3/2019).

There is a conflict between that email and what
is stating. Leaving the factory in 1-2 weeks, on the way to the fulfillment centers, is not necessarily the same as being ready to ship to customers in 1-2 weeks. The gap here is how long it takes to get from the factory to the fulfillment centers (both in transit time and customs hold time). If, for instance, it takes the slow boat from China to the USA, then that could be the middle of November before it hits the USA. If customs holds it for a few days and the fulfillment center takes a few days to package it for delivery, then it could be closer to the end of November before it reaches customers. If the phones are sent overnight from China to the USA (and other countries), then it could be a much different timeline.

As far as I know, the stock would be transported to our warehouses with an express courier service such as DHL, therefore the shipment would only take around 3 days to reach the US and the EU from the manufacturing facility in China. The only thing that could delay transportation would be customs clearance, but that doesn’t usually take more than 3 days even if it’s delayed.

So if we put together the email plus this added information about courier time and customs, we have, as a theoretical worst case, for early pre-orders:

– Leaving the Chinese factory on 10/15

– 3 days transport time to the USA and EU = 10/18

– 3 days in customs = 10/21

– 1 day transport from customs to fulfillment center = 10/22 (added this as a guess)

– 3 days packaging at the fulfillment center = 10/25 (added this as a guess)

– 3 days transport time from the fulfillment center to the customer if in the same country (USA to USA, EU to EU) = 10/28 in customer’s hands

If we look at best case:

– Leaving the Chinese factory on 10/8

– 3 days transport time to the USA and EU = 10/11

– 0 days in customs = 10/11

– 1 day transport from customs to fulfillment center = 10/12

– 1 day packaging at the fulfillment center = 10/13

– 1 day transport time from the fulfillment center to the customer if in the same country and either close to the fulfillment center or they send it overnight = 10/14

If all that is correct, we’re looking at another 11 to 25 days from today (10/3/2019).

You have a lot of time on your hands lol.

Regardless it's sad that we have to piece this info together ourselves from different sources, not to mention it all means nothing and is subject to change. Until we have tracking numbers, nothing is certain

Hi Erik. I believe I have understood from your replies on this thread that all pre-orders which were placed up to the time that the first please pay requests were emailed (all pre-orders placed between first quarter 2019 and August 1st)

WILL BE in that first batch of orders that will begin the shipping process (factory to fulfillment centers) in mid-October, which will then be dispatched (leaving fulfillment centers to postal services) to customers before the end of October (with expected final delivery — in hands of all these early customers — in early November)?

Could you confirm if this is all correct?

That is correct. While the first batch will be a relatively small proportion of all orders, the next batch which comes pretty much immediately after, should fulfil the majority of pre-orders that we have received. Orders will come in batches to avoid our customers from waiting additionally, as otherwise, we'd need to wait for all the pre-orders to be assembled, which delays shipping - and we know no one wants that :). The first batch will deliver by the end of this month. We prioritise based on the 2 factors below:

1. Indiegogo Moto Mod backers

2. Order in which the payment was complete

Erik

Thanks, FXtec, for the recent improvement in communications. Transparency goes a long way to making me, for one, feel better.

I had a moment the other day when a colleague, to whom I had spoken enthusiastically about the Pro1 back in June, asked me if I had it yet. When I said no, I could see in his expression that he thinks I've fallen for a scam. And to be honest, I was starting to feel as bit like that myself. July feels like a long time ago. I stay optimistic, however, and am sure I'll love the device when it arrives.

As per my previous communications on the forum, we don’t yet have a precise shipping timeframe, we only have an expected window within which we will have our devices in the fulfilment warehouses (US, EU). As my colleague mentioned, this is expected to happen between (not after) 1-2 weeks from today. After those 1-2 weeks, we’ll be ready to start shipping the Pro1 to our customers.

As some of you found out, we’re working very hard to meet yours and our expectations, despite previously making false predictions due to unexpected factors such as licensing, and I think we can all agree that’s a big one that can strike companies of any scale at any time :). Our CTO Liangchen is currently in the factory and we should soon have some more info from him, which will be emailed to you as soon as we hear.

Erik

Thank you for the clarification, Erik, I wouldn’t have shared without asking to do so.

I received a reply that I should make certain that there is no ambiguity. Hence the screenshot rather than a copy and paste.

I, personally, am happy to wait until things are right, as long as I do not lose the chance to execute a return before I even receive the device.

That is my number one concern.

It’s just not fair that the return window for a phone that was pre-ordered would expire before delivery.

Cancelling now to guarantee I would get my money back is not a solution; I WANT the phone.

Your transparency goes a LONG way to assuage our fears.

Keep up the good fight, we’re all rooting for your company’s success.

Well, throw all that out the window.

https://vimeo.com/364339691

"We will start shipping to you from the 29th of October."

Whether that means shipping from fulfillment centers to customers or factory to fulfillment center isn't clear. Since he says "to you," if we take it literally, then it should be from fulfillment centers to customers.