New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

Hi everyone,

We expect to find a few bugs with our new forum platform. Please let us know what your suggestions and reports are :).

Important bugs we know of:

1. If you have a display name you did not expect (or Hidden**), please change it immediately from https://community.fxtec.com/settings/.

2. Previous uploads and images might be broken. The tags for image insert were changed.

Erik

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Erik pinned this topic
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful as expected 🙂  

Hi everyone, We expect to find a few bugs with our new forum platform. Please let us know what your suggestions and reports are :). Important bugs we know of: 1. If you have a display n

I think I posted this before.  But I've never used another message board/forum where editing had a time limit.  Sure, if someone changes something, it may mess up the other messages, but so what?  ins

Posted Images

1 minute ago, doktor.oswaldo said:

One thing: For a lot of people the username has changed to the first part of the mail address.
This is not to bad for me but it displays some peoples real names.

This must be fixed asap!

In my case It's just a real name, not related to email address 🤔

10 minutes ago, vitaliysemenko said:

Nice design, love the new look.

BUG: In my case "display name" wasn't synced (ddark-il)

Please change it from https://community.fxtec.com/settings/.

9 minutes ago, doktor.oswaldo said:

One thing: For a lot of people the username has changed to the first part of the mail address.
This is not to bad for me but it displays some peoples real names.

This must be fixed asap!

This seems to have been an issue with the previous forum as well - revealing usernames. This one gives you an option to change the revealed name.

7 minutes ago, Keyahnig said:

I've seen quite a lot of old spam threads. Maybe you want to delete them instead of closing them.

The previous forum was just hiding the old spammy posts, this one doesn't allow them in the first place. We'll clear them all shortly 🙂

• Thanks 3

In my case when I tried to login account was locked and I had to reset my password, before I could get in. Wasn't too difficult though if it's happening to you and you read this, just reset your password I guess :). The new forum seems absolutely excellent so far.

12 minutes ago, Erik said:

Please change it from https://community.fxtec.com/settings/.

This seems to have been an issue with the previous forum as well - revealing usernames. This one gives you an option to change the revealed name.

The previous forum was just hiding the old spammy posts, this one doesn't allow them in the first place. We'll clear them all shortly 🙂

Some of us can't change the username here, and it is not the username anymore but the first part of the Mail-Address.

Update: It seems to be already resolved

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
wrong information
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

(I miss a cancel button if I regret starting a post)

I had no idea what you were talking about until I noticed if you type a reply, go away and come back to the thread your half typed reply is still there. A cancel button or simply not persisting those posts would be nice indeed.

• Like 1

It looks great now!

I think it was much needed as after we receive our devices this is the only place where we can get help regarding hardware, software and any queries related to Pro1

And i also think we in the near future need to organize this forum more. like different areas to hardware and software etc.

Great work FX Team!  and i really am very optimistic that shipping is starting on 29th october!

• Like 2

On the aesthetics there are a LOT of white, so we need to scroll like crazy to read stuff. I would have preferred it quite a bit more compact on a PC monitor. So a setting for reduced waste space would be nice.

Even on a 43" 4Kmonitor I still can only see about TEN lines of user comments... (see below)

In a normal FHD window, there are typically room for four small comments.

FxTec_Foum_2019_10.png

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, netman said:

"Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today. " 😄 can we up the limit or have I gone too far? What does "Enable status updates" mean on the edit profile page?

Reactions fixed.

• Thanks 1

Less of a bug and more of a suggestion, but when an email is entered into the password reset field, the same page should be shown whether that email is found or not. Helps prevent against email aggregation using the reset password field. Once again, nothing major, and probably not worth fixing if it'll take too much time.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, SirBaconIII said:

Less of a bug and more of a suggestion, but when an email is entered into the password reset field, the same page should be shown whether that email is found or not. Helps prevent against email aggregation using the reset password field. Once again, nothing major, and probably not worth fixing if it'll take too much time.

It should say "We could not find a member account with that email address. Please try again with other information." if the email address is not found.

Just now, Erik said:

It should say "We could not find a member account with that email address. Please try again with other information." if the email address is not found.

That's what I was kind of suggesting against. It makes it harder to find what emails are registered on the forum if the message is the same regardless of if the email is found or not. Could just be a personal thing though.

Overall, I'm really liking this new forum. It's fantastic to see things moving in real time again.

2 minutes ago, SirBaconIII said:

That's what I was kind of suggesting against. It makes it harder to find what emails are registered on the forum if the message is the same regardless of if the email is found or not. Could just be a personal thing though.

Overall, I'm really liking this new forum. It's fantastic to see things moving in real time again.

Brute forcing email addresses out of it would be a totally insane endeavor I think, so not much harm in it. You could only figure out if you have someones e-mail address whether they are registered or not, which doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

• Erik unpinned this topic