Jump to content
Erik

New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Erik said:

We’re going to setup a cloudflare proxy, which should in theory bypass whatever block is causing this.

Now it works!

 

16 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

To see if it is a wide block on a range, try this site, that has an IP quite close by: butterfly-conservation.org

(This site is -hidden-, that site is -hidden-,)

The butterfly site opens

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some post-duplications.

An old comment of mine from March was duplicated seven fold. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Not to sound too sarcastic, but I do assume that you read the original post in this thread? It says:

But I hope that they will get it fixed soon.

Even pics uploaded after that date? Huh, ok then. Lemme test that real quick:

GjW1eqd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Erik said:

We’re going to setup a cloudflare proxy, which should in theory bypass whatever block is causing this.

hopefully will unblock my work as well 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

hopefully will unblock my work as well 😄

Cloudflare is already on, so unlikely :(. I believe your work firewall is blocking the forum platform we use, which is quite popular for being an efficient distraction :).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

There is some post-duplications.

An old comment of mine from March was duplicated seven fold. 

 

I think the safest thing to do right now is to delete them. Before this forum went live, we had to reimport the WPbb database 5+ times, each time flushing this forums posts table. I have no clue why it didn’t flush yours and kept them hidden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Erik said:

I think the safest thing to do right now is to delete them. Before this forum went live, we had to reimport the WPbb database 5+ times, each time flushing this forums posts table. I have no clue why it didn’t flush yours and kept them hidden.

I hope I do not have to browse through my whole comment history to look for doublets. It seems a bit unlikely that it should have happened to one single comment only. (but weeded out the six copies)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadn't tried it before you turned cloudflare on.  It's now working fine they probably used the same safe list for websites.

Edited by _DW_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 21 hours ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:
    • Even pics uploaded after that date? Huh, ok then. Lemme test that real quick:
    • GjW1eqd.png

Pic broke again..

EDIT: In the quote it shows up. wtf?

Edited by Wasmachineman_NL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:
  •  

Pic broke again..

EDIT: In the quote it shows up. wtf?

was fine when I scrolled up it does delay load them I noticed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, _DW_ said:

was fine when I scrolled up it does delay load them I noticed

Yes, that is very annoying and slows down reading posts with pictures.  If anything could be done about that, it would really help in reading picture-heavy threads.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, david said:

Yes, that is very annoying and slows down reading posts with pictures.  If anything could be done about that, it would really help in reading picture-heavy threads.

Could you link a thread with an example of this? Typically I see an image loading placeholder for a few seconds which is the way it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Erik said:

Could you link a thread with an example of this? Typically I see an image loading placeholder for a few seconds which is the way it should be.

It happened in the Case for the Pro1 and Magnetic Cables threads when I was on my phone.  However, I'm on my laptop now, and didn't notice the delay.  It might be a browser issue.  On my phone, I saw the placeholder image, but it took longer than a few seconds for the final picture to load.  I scrolled up and down trying to get it to trigger and sometimes it would take longer than 10 seconds.  I didn't time it exactly. It was just longer than what I would have expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems ignoring someone has very little affect on new posts.  I ignored this guy cuz when I check unread posts, it was full of Korean nonsense, yet unread posts is still showing his stuff, albeit with a note that says it's ignored.  I'd rather just not see it at all than have it noted, what's the point of ignoring his posts if I still see his posts just saying they're ignored, the reason I ignored them was so I could see if there was anything else I not from him.

shot-2019-10-31_21-06-36.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mouseover their username and wait; ignore is an option in the box that comes up, bottom center.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed the spam settings. We shouldn't see anymore spam, but I am also afraid it will flag the good users too 😕. Let [email protected] know if anyone has trouble posting.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linking to other forum posts appears to sometimes break for no clear reason. I'm pretty sure the post I linked to here still exists but it tells me the content is not available...

edit: if this link breaks too it'd be ironic but equally useful xD

Edited by netman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 12:13 AM, Craig said:

Mouseover their username and wait; ignore is an option in the box that comes up, bottom center.

Ah...I was on my phone, so no way to mouse over.   I see it now on my laptop.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"go to topic listing" does random things on FF Android. sometimes "quote" sometimes "edit response" sometimes it actually goes to topic listing.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed a bug when typing, if you press colon the arrow keys stop working pressing shift fixes it.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed when you quote people somethings it doesn't work properly.  Not figured out the scenario yet I'll update when I do.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/5/2019 at 12:39 AM, _DW_ said:

Just noticed a bug when typing, if you press colon the arrow keys stop working pressing shift fixes it.

 

It's something to do with emoji.  For me shift didnt fix it tho, had to press ESC.

 

 

Edited by Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all not sure if it was mentioned before, but a neat feature for the forums would be to have a custom signature. Loads of other forums have this. I think it would be great way to represent peoples timeline of physical qwerty devices or whatever else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dantegi said:

Hey all not sure if it was mentioned before, but a neat feature for the forums would be to have a custom signature. Loads of other forums have this. I think it would be great way to represent peoples timeline of physical qwerty devices or whatever else. 

There is an "About Me" section in Profile -> Edit Profile (top right on desktop)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms