New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

11 hours ago, Erik said:

We’re going to setup a cloudflare proxy, which should in theory bypass whatever block is causing this.

Now it works!

16 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

To see if it is a wide block on a range, try this site, that has an IP quite close by: butterfly-conservation.org

(This site is -hidden-, that site is -hidden-,)

The butterfly site opens

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful as expected 🙂  

Hi everyone, We expect to find a few bugs with our new forum platform. Please let us know what your suggestions and reports are :). Important bugs we know of: 1. If you have a display n

I think I posted this before.  But I've never used another message board/forum where editing had a time limit.  Sure, if someone changes something, it may mess up the other messages, but so what?  ins

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

hopefully will unblock my work as well 😄

Cloudflare is already on, so unlikely :(. I believe your work firewall is blocking the forum platform we use, which is quite popular for being an efficient distraction :).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

There is some post-duplications.

An old comment of mine from March was duplicated seven fold. 

I think the safest thing to do right now is to delete them. Before this forum went live, we had to reimport the WPbb database 5+ times, each time flushing this forums posts table. I have no clue why it didn’t flush yours and kept them hidden.

3 hours ago, Erik said:

I think the safest thing to do right now is to delete them. Before this forum went live, we had to reimport the WPbb database 5+ times, each time flushing this forums posts table. I have no clue why it didn’t flush yours and kept them hidden.

I hope I do not have to browse through my whole comment history to look for doublets. It seems a bit unlikely that it should have happened to one single comment only. (but weeded out the six copies)

3 hours ago, _DW_ said:

was fine when I scrolled up it does delay load them I noticed

Yes, that is very annoying and slows down reading posts with pictures.  If anything could be done about that, it would really help in reading picture-heavy threads.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, david said:

Yes, that is very annoying and slows down reading posts with pictures.  If anything could be done about that, it would really help in reading picture-heavy threads.

Could you link a thread with an example of this? Typically I see an image loading placeholder for a few seconds which is the way it should be.

11 minutes ago, Erik said:

Could you link a thread with an example of this? Typically I see an image loading placeholder for a few seconds which is the way it should be.

It happened in the Case for the Pro1 and Magnetic Cables threads when I was on my phone.  However, I'm on my laptop now, and didn't notice the delay.  It might be a browser issue.  On my phone, I saw the placeholder image, but it took longer than a few seconds for the final picture to load.  I scrolled up and down trying to get it to trigger and sometimes it would take longer than 10 seconds.  I didn't time it exactly. It was just longer than what I would have expected.

It seems ignoring someone has very little affect on new posts.  I ignored this guy cuz when I check unread posts, it was full of Korean nonsense, yet unread posts is still showing his stuff, albeit with a note that says it's ignored.  I'd rather just not see it at all than have it noted, what's the point of ignoring his posts if I still see his posts just saying they're ignored, the reason I ignored them was so I could see if there was anything else I not from him.

shot-2019-10-31_21-06-36.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Linking to other forum posts appears to sometimes break for no clear reason. I'm pretty sure the post I linked to here still exists but it tells me the content is not available...

edit: if this link breaks too it'd be ironic but equally useful xD

Edited by netman
  • Like 1
On 11/1/2019 at 12:13 AM, Craig said:

Mouseover their username and wait; ignore is an option in the box that comes up, bottom center.

Ah...I was on my phone, so no way to mouse over.   I see it now on my laptop.  Thanks.

On 11/5/2019 at 12:39 AM, _DW_ said:

Just noticed a bug when typing, if you press colon the arrow keys stop working pressing shift fixes it.

It's something to do with emoji.  For me shift didnt fix it tho, had to press ESC.

Edited by Craig
5 minutes ago, dantegi said:

Hey all not sure if it was mentioned before, but a neat feature for the forums would be to have a custom signature. Loads of other forums have this. I think it would be great way to represent peoples timeline of physical qwerty devices or whatever else. 

There is an "About Me" section in Profile -> Edit Profile (top right on desktop)

• Thanks 1
  • Erik unpinned this topic