New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful as expected 🙂  

Hi everyone, We expect to find a few bugs with our new forum platform. Please let us know what your suggestions and reports are :). Important bugs we know of: 1. If you have a display n

I think I posted this before.  But I've never used another message board/forum where editing had a time limit.  Sure, if someone changes something, it may mess up the other messages, but so what?  ins

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Parhelion said:

Maybe it would also be useful occasionally to be able to delete on's own posts.

And I wonder how the new forum would look on a fxtec Pro1..

(scnr)

Beautiful as expected 🙂

A10B6277-10EE-48B0-9289-26321C73D579.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, SirBaconIII said:

Sorry for being kind of off topic, but is that yellow address bar a color set by the website, or is that your own personal touch?

Chrome on Android 9 changes its header automatically based on the website 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, netman said:

There's an option to start following a thread somewhere at the top which amounts to the same.

Thanks, you are right.  I did find that afterward and forgot to update the post.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Parhelion said:

Maybe it would also be useful occasionally to be able to delete on's own posts.

I think you are allowed to report your own post, so you could do that and write something like "Please delete" in the optional reasoning box.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

IMHO deleting own posts can be dangerous because you can use it to troll or fuck up conversations if you message just disappears.

Indeed, hence the way through moderation by reporting it, is a solution.

16 hours ago, SirBaconIII said:

Less of a bug and more of a suggestion, but when an email is entered into the password reset field, the same page should be shown whether that email is found or not. Helps prevent against email aggregation using the reset password field. Once again, nothing major, and probably not worth fixing if it'll take too much time.

I agree that it could be a more complex common message. Somewhat like:

"If the entered email address was known a reset mail has been sent. If you do not receive it re-check that you have typed it correctly, and check your spam filter"

In many forums, if there is a new response to a thread, that thread pops to the top of the list.  So, I guess it's some kind of automatic sort based on last post date.  I like that feature.  Can that happen here?

Edited by Hook
33 minutes ago, Hook said:

In many forums, if there is a new response to a thread, that thread pops to the top of the list.  So, I guess it's some kind of automatic sort based on last post date.  I like that feature.  Can that happen here?

Oh, sheesh, never mind.  I hadn't noticed that the top threads were pinned.  The forum does sort by latest response time.  🙄

However, this does raise another issue.  Apparently the edit button is a limited time deal.  I guess, again, to prevent deletion,  I personally prefer forums where I can edit any time. I only use it to fix bonehead mistakes.  However,I understand if you time it out to prevent deletions.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Hook said:

However, this does raise another issue.  Apparently the edit button is a limited time deal.  I guess, again, to prevent deletion,  I personally prefer forums where I can edit any time. I only use it to fix bonehead mistakes.  However,I understand if you time it out to prevent deletions.

This is an issue I have seen no good solution for. Edit is good, but could easily be misused. The lack of edit is annoying too for obvious reasons...

• Erik unpinned this topic