Leaked photos of Pro2 prototype

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The title is a lie and plain clickbait, but let's have a laugh while we wait :).

Leaked - Exclusive sleeve for the earliest pre-orders.  

The next update video came faster than expected, wow.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, netman said:

so smart to put all separate posts so he can get maximum likes per each person... i feel my position on the leaderboard is threatened

If you look in the bug thread he actually had troubles with the 2MB limit - so had to split *LOL*

...So now you have an excuse to use hi-res renders... 🥴

(I was not even aware there is a leaderboard. And it clearly shows I have troubles shutting up 😇)

• Haha 6
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

If you look in the bug thread he actually had troubles with the 2MB limit - so had to split *LOL*

...So now you have an excuse to use hi-res renders... 🥴

If i was as smart back when starting this thread... I actually downscaled some of them to fit more in a post xD

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, netman said:

so smart to put all separate posts so he can get maximum likes per each person... i feel my position on the leaderboard is threatened

That wasn't even my goal.  It just told me 2MB limit so I couldn't fit two on one post.

p.s. (shoulda read the last page of the thread before replying, didnt notice it, and no delete option here or I'd just remove it.  But yeah too lazy to resize or host elsehwere, just copy img from another tab and paste directly into msg here ctrl+v).

Edited by Craig
postscript
  • Haha 3
Just now, silversolver said:

Is this your own artwork? If so, congrats, it's clever in every way. If not, that means the Pro1 is being noticed in the wider anti-fruit community. 😛

smartphones.thumb.gif.d19815eb7a582819e8243325867d4177.gif

I stole it from this and combined with clack gif from anonymous pictures wizard 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m sure most of you had seen this concept rendering. Although it is not an actual physical keyboard it is a good looking phone. If it ever did get released I would probably pick one up just for keepsake. And incase my pro1 ever dies 

I don’t know about you guys but I sure miss home buttons. Not a fan of finger print scanners and all touch screen phones. Don’t care about screen bevels and camera/mic/flash notches. 

Still holding out for a sidekick/ or original style Motorola Droid but obviously with modern os. Is it just me or are they over doing it with phones now?

CBC5F9D2-EE50-43C4-B637-D69B524C3E2E.jpeg

744AB365-37C3-433B-B8B2-5D03063F2BC4.jpeg

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Uncledingo said:

I’m sure most of you had seen this concept rendering. Although it is not an actual physical keyboard it is a good looking phone. If it ever did get released I would probably pick one up just for keepsake. And incase my pro1 ever dies 

I don’t know about you guys but I sure miss home buttons. Not a fan of finger print scanners and all touch screen phones. Don’t care about screen bevels and camera/mic/flash notches. 

Still holding out for a sidekick/ or original style Motorola Droid but obviously with modern os. Is it just me or are they over doing it with phones now?

Looks nice 🙂 Though I personally prefer the tilted type like he Pro1, and these renders are very optimistic on how far they let it slide, I would fear for how fragile that would be.

And at first look it would be harder than the Pro1 to open without screen interaction, as you can not lift, and there is nowhere left to push. But one could go for motors of course.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Uncledingo said:

CBC5F9D2-EE50-43C4-B637-D69B524C3E2E.jpeg

744AB365-37C3-433B-B8B2-5D03063F2BC4.jpeg

I miss regular sliders, this phone will be my first titled screen slider.  I'm just excited to use a keyboard again!

• Like 2

That phone is missing most of the useful keys from the keyboard!

Most of my interaction with the Pro1 keyboard is using the keys "around the edges" so to speak. All the meta keys like tab, escape, control, alt, etc.

A keyboard isn't a useful keyboard if it's not a full keyboard.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

If this is to be real keys and not just touch, it would be awesome. But why not stay staggered?

I was going to say the same thing.  I would have no problem if they wanted to have dynamic display technology on the top of the keys.  That would also be efficient from the perspective of manufacturers, so they wouldn't have to have different hardware keys.  But the keys would need to be like the ones on the Pro1, where they are staggered, rounded on top, spaces in between, rounded corners on the keys, etc.  

There would need to be an override to put it back to the stock keyboard in any apps where the apps decide to re-write the keyboard too (last picture).  Ideally, the norm would be that the keyboard could have a default layout across all apps, but end users could override that for custom layouts per app.  The app makers could also provide a custom layout, but the end users would be able to override it.

The only thing the above concept (from the pictures, where they aren't hardware keys) solves when compared to a normal, virtual keyboard is that it doesn't take up screen space when typing.  Typing would still be just as bad as a virtual keyboard, other than possibly being able to hold the phone better while typing with thumbs.  Swype typing would be worse with the screen out and doing it on the exposed keyboard than on a regular slab phone.

I must have cursed out Steve Jobs 10 times while typing this.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, zurvan2 said:

That phone is missing most of the useful keys from the keyboard!

Most of my interaction with the Pro1 keyboard is using the keys "around the edges" so to speak. All the meta keys like tab, escape, control, alt, etc.

A keyboard isn't a useful keyboard if it's not a full keyboard.

Hence why my Droid 4 (using it now) gets 10x the use that my PRIV gets. :) Well, that and the Droid has the keyboard the correct direction. :P