Discussion and testing on features and known&potential issues

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro1 is under an approval (final stage) from Google to activate security features. Once it's finished we will release an OTA to activate contactless payment. Everything has been submitted and we are a

Thank you all for the feedback! Team is working on the fix for the keyboard unresponsive issue. It's quite random and cannot replicate easily. But we will do out best and solve ASAP.

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Waxberry said:

Pro1 is under an approval (final stage) from Google to activate security features. Once it's finished we will release an OTA to activate contactless payment. Everything has been submitted and we are awaiting. 

Thanks Waxberry

Minor odd bug:

The device info app CPU-Z acts oddly.

After a rather long time (about 20 sec) with a white tab CPU-Z shows the SOC info breifly, but unresponsive to scrolling, and then the entire device restarts.

(But it does not seem to have any other negative side effects)

• Sad 1

On my device, OpenSL ES (Android’s low-level sound API) seems to have issues. I’ve tried using SunVox (paid app, sorry, but it’s worth it if you’re interested in making music) and get all sorts of pops and crackling, even when disabling visualizations (logo on the top left, Preferences, Modules, disable “Show oscilloscope” and “Show level meter”) or increasing sample buffer (in Preferences, Audio, set Buffer to a high value). Sounds to me as if the audio samples don’t get to the DAC fast enough or there’s too little buffer somewhere else down the line. Caustic (free demo) works when using the AudioTrack API. When setting it to OpenSL ES (burger menu on the bottom left, Options, Audio API), it sometimes has the same problems, but most of the time seems to work fine, even with internal latency set to “lowest”. Both apps work flawlessly on my Nexus 5X.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Minor odd bug:

After a rather long time (about 20 sec) with a white tab CPU-Z shows the SOC info breifly, but unresponsive to scrolling, and then the entire device restarts.

@EskeRahn I am wondering if its failing on some hardware, do you have any idea?

Have you installed some apps from play and are the other apps working ok?

17 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

If it does not happen for others may be worth further investigating, with some luck running

adb logcat

on a PC connected to the device via USB, and then reproducing the issue could provide some more insight to what happens.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Minor odd bug:

Same behavior  + AIDA64 crushing on sensors tab

4 hours ago, kashif said:

@EskeRahn I am wondering if its failing on some hardware, do you have any idea?

Have you installed some apps from play and are the other apps working ok?

Hmm, that it restarts the device, sounds like something deep getting in a very bad state. So my GUESS is some buggy code in a hardware driver.

4 hours ago, netman said:

If it does not happen for others may be worth further investigating, with some luck running

adb logcat

on a PC connected to the device via USB, and then reproducing the issue could provide some more insight to what happens.

Sure tell me what to do more exactly - know nothing on how torn the logging on/off nor where to look for the log...

25 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Sure tell me what to do more exactly - know nothing on how torn the logging on/off nor where to look for the log...

Any of these steps is under the condition you didn't already do it of course, but here hopefully complete instructions if i didn't forget something:

On the phone:
- Turn on developer options
- Go to "Settings -> Developer Options" and enable USB debugging

- [edit] Now when you connect the phone to the pc it will ask if the PC is allowed to debug the device, tell it yes.

On the PC
- Install ADB (on windows you may need some driver also, do not know how)
- Now you should be able to get a command line where you can run adb commands, to check if the phone is connected and found you can run:

adb devices

If that works running the "adb logcat" command I said will simply keep outputting data, until the phone reboots probably. Perhaps a better idea yet is to run:

adb logcat > log.txt

Which will dump the output into the text file "log.txt".

Edited by netman
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, netman said:

adb logcat > log.txt

Which will dump the output into the text file "log.txt".

Ha ha, I thought it generated a log on the device I needed to retrieve, did not realise it just needed a pipe.... Just a sec....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Ha ha, I thought it generated a log on the device I needed to retrieve, did not realise it just needed a pipe.... Just a sec....

I would tell these things but I've become oblivious to what is obvious or not to others :D.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, netman said:

I would tell these things but I've become oblivious to what is obvious or not to others :D.

(For the others in here, we had a 'little' PM dialogue digging in logs, but there were no obvious culprit - though some 'suspects' )

Just now, EskeRahn said:

(For the others in here, we had a 'little' PM dialogue digging in logs, but there were no obvious culprit - though some 'suspects' )

The part I felt most relevant:

11-20 17:48:02.715  6164  6164 E SensorManager: Trigger Sensors should use the requestTriggerSensor.
11-20 17:48:02.736  6164  6164 I chatty  : uid=10159(com.cpuid.cpu_z) identical 1 line
11-20 17:48:02.736  6164  6164 E SensorManager: Trigger Sensors should use the requestTriggerSensor.
11-20 17:48:02.835  6164  6164 I Choreographer: Skipped 1881 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.

But no idea how to get dmesg at the time of the crash to maybe find out more. I guess the developers know better though, and seems easy enough to reproduce the issue :).

5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

... Found another app, where the sensor can be tried one by one, There are 50, it s the one called "Motion Accel"

Shortly after displaying,it restarts the device

The sensors hypothesis holds water! This actually may help the devs :).

• Thanks 1