LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds

test20 is up.  This is pretty much the final code that will be imported into the official Lineage trees unless any issues are found.

Changes from test19:

* Update kernel to latest code from Qualcomm and IdeaLTE.
* Update device blobs and strings to latest stock (2020-06-20).
* Switch to standard livedisplay implementation.
* Add WiFi MAC address setting from stock.

• Thanks 3
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

@tdm built and installed.  I'll let you know if I see anything amiss and get some avc logs over.

Thanks.  Given the timing of your message, I don't think you got the latest device tree change (the livedisplay switch).  You might want to re-sync and make sure you are up to date with the test20 tag on all three projects.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

It still got the bug that holding the LiveDisplay icon in notifications fail to launch it. Sure it is a trifle....

This is a Lineage bug, not specific to pro1.  You can file a bug in either my device project so I can track it myself or the official Lineage bug reporting system.

5 minutes ago, tdm said:

This is a Lineage bug, not specific to pro1.  You can file a bug in either my device project so I can track it myself or the official Lineage bug reporting system.

It is there 🙂 . But It worked on early test-builds, up to and including Test9.

Apparently Ethan Chen[*] has a Pro1 and he's been hacking on it lately.  So Nolen and I are going to be massaging the device code to incorporate his changes.  Nolen says that Ethan has incorporated a lot of cool stuff to make the device perform better.

[*] Who is Ethan Chen?  He is arguably the best active Lineage device maintainer out there.  I worked with him at Cyanogen, and he is truly a whiz at doing device stuff.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

17 hours ago, tdm said:

Thanks.  Given the timing of your message, I don't think you got the latest device tree change (the livedisplay switch).  You might want to re-sync and make sure you are up to date with the test20 tag on all three projects.

Figures.  Resyncing and rebuilding.

Update: Confirmed.  Looks like the only commit i didn't have was the "Switch to standard livedisplay implementation" in the device tree.

Edited by JooJooBee666
5 minutes ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

I have a question about updating from test19 to test20 - do I have to sideload Lineage zip, Lineage zip+gapps, or Lineage zip+boot img+gapps?

Same update procedure as always.  Once you have Lineage, you don't need to bother with the boot img.

Reboot into recovery.

Sideload the update.

Reboot recovery (to switch slots).

Sideload gapps, su, etc.

Reboot to Lineage.

And as soon as this goes official (later this week?) the OTA system will do the updates for you, just like stock.  And it keeps all your addons (gapps, su) through the updates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, tdm said:

And as soon as this goes official (later this week?) the OTA system will do the updates for you, just like stock.  And it keeps all your addons (gapps, su) through the updates.

Even if I'am coming from an older version?

1 minute ago, Jordi said:

Even if I'am coming from an older version?

Not sure exactly what you are asking.  All updates within the same major version (16.0, 17.1) will keep all add-ons.  But when you update major versions (say, 16.0 to 17.1) then you will need new gapps.  The su add-on isn't available for 17.1, yet anyway, but you would also need an updated su if/when it is.

When you switch from my test builds to official Lineage, you will need to do a manual install of the official zip just like you install/update my builds.  After that, the OTA system is engaged.

• Thanks 3

After building the latest version with your VZW fixes, it seems to have enabled wifi calling for my German SIM card (o2) as well! At least the settings menu all of a sudden suggested to enable it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before as I was looking for it.

Can't test it yet, cause AFWall+ seems to block it... Anyone knows which system process is responsible for the wifi calling?

test21 is up.  Changes:

* Update blobs and string to stock 2020-07-07.

* Switch back to custom livedisplay implementation.

* Import changes from Ethan Chen (thanks to Nolen for doing this).

Note the changes from Ethan are too extensive to enumerate in a few lines.  There are some cool performance improvements along with lots of under-the-covers cleanup.

• Thanks 8

Okay so FYI ... I have sent off my spare Pro1 to Nolen.  I had been keeping it on stock software for the purposes of downloading new stock updates and doing side-by-side testing.

So now that it's gone, I'm going to rely on someone to tell me when there's a new stock release.  And, unless someone wants to volunteer [hi @EskeRahn! 😀], I'll "get" to backup, wipe, reinstall, copy off the bits, and restore for each update.

• Thanks 3
9 hours ago, tdm said:

Okay so FYI ... I have sent off my spare Pro1 to Nolen.  I had been keeping it on stock software for the purposes of downloading new stock updates and doing side-by-side testing.

So now that it's gone, I'm going to rely on someone to tell me when there's a new stock release.  And, unless someone wants to volunteer [hi @EskeRahn! 😀], I'll "get" to backup, wipe, reinstall, copy off the bits, and restore for each update.

Sure, just tell me what you need me to do 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

test21 installed fine. Had to readjust display size down two notches since the "default" is now bigger. Trebuchet was also now 4x4 instead of 5x5. Now that everything is back looking like before, I can start looking for not so obvious differences 😉

• Thanks 1

...Forgot to say that Test21 installed smoothly both with and without root here too.

(I did noticed that it in both cases after boot was somewhat slower redrawing the home screen, especially the clock widget. We are talking perhaps ½-1 second or something equally ignorable. Just reporting it as a noticed difference, Later redraws works just fine)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've been off of here forever, mainly due to the fact it was depressing seeing all of the cool Lineage stuff and knowing I never could use it.  However, I really wanted my keyboard fixed, and decided to upgrade from the January firmware which required a complete wipe in my case, and was amazed to see Verizon was working!!  🤩 So I flashed the test21 last night to try it out.  I'm sorry to say my results haven't been as good.  While it did work the first boot, as it always did in the past, it seems after a good full power off it doesn't work anymore.  I did install the addonsu and used Titanium to install some user apps but did not restore any system apps or settings.  I still have data but for voice it's "Emergency calls only" and the IMS status shows unregistered and everything is "unavailable."  What's kind of weird is the Wifi and mobile radios go off about every 30 secs and then turn back on and the Radio power (forget the exact name off hand) toggle switch even goes to off and then back on when this happens.  If there's any ideas I can try I'm up for it! 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

test21 installed fine. Had to readjust display size down two notches since the "default" is now bigger. Trebuchet was also now 4x4 instead of 5x5. Now that everything is back looking like before, I can start looking for not so obvious differences 😉

The display size change would be from this commit.  See, I told you Ethan was good.  😄

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bmccrary said:

I've been off of here forever, mainly due to the fact it was depressing seeing all of the cool Lineage stuff and knowing I never could use it.  However, I really wanted my keyboard fixed, and decided to upgrade from the January firmware which required a complete wipe in my case, and was amazed to see Verizon was working!!  🤩 So I flashed the test21 last night to try it out.  I'm sorry to say my results haven't been as good.  While it did work the first boot, as it always did in the past, it seems after a good full power off it doesn't work anymore.  I did install the addonsu and used Titanium to install some user apps but did not restore any system apps or settings.  I still have data but for voice it's "Emergency calls only" and the IMS status shows unregistered and everything is "unavailable."  What's kind of weird is the Wifi and mobile radios go off about every 30 secs and then turn back on and the Radio power (forget the exact name off hand) toggle switch even goes to off and then back on when this happens.  If there's any ideas I can try I'm up for it! 

I would suggest to wipe and retry, and then try it without the restore for a short while, to see if it is stable. And then try to restore in small bits to try to pinpoint what somehow interferes with the system and makes it unstable/

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

...Forgot to say that Test21 installed smoothly both with and without root here too.

(I did noticed that it in both cases after boot was somewhat slower redrawing the home screen, especially the clock widget. We are talking perhaps ½-1 second or something equally ignorable. Just reporting it as a noticed difference, Later redraws works just fine)

Interesting.  Please watch performance.  It should not be noticeably worse than before but it should be slightly better on battery usage.