LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds

3 hours ago, Craig said:

This is expected and has an explanation.  On QWERTZ, the printed yellow should align with German layout I believe?  If you change layout, then that layout will change the key that comes out based on the printed yellow letter going in.    So for example if the finnish layout changes a to j, then if you press a j will come out.  same thing for the yellow printed characters.   I'm not good at explaining cuz I dont have a qwertz keyboard to give examples.

I don't have LOS anymore installed but if I remember right, that was not the case in every situation. Finnish layout changes these base letters compared to the prints:

• Y <-> Z
  • Ü -> Å
  • ß -> +
  • + -> '

However, I was still not able to type "@" with "Yellow arrow" + "Q" combination even though "@" is printed to "Q" key as a upper character in QWERTZ.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

I switched from @tdm fine builds to official LIneageOS builds now. It worked. But what I really want to have, is the "LineageOS for MicroG version". I cannot flash that!!?!

The downloads are at: https://download.lineage.microg.org/pro1/
Instructions at: https://lineage.microg.org/

But I have trouble following the instructions. I use LineageOS-Recovery but I also tried TWRP (which is not perfectly supported for an A/B device like Pro1.

Anyway, from either recovery tool I cannot wipe 'system'. It has trouble finding /system. I did a 'fastboot erase system' or 'fastboot format system' instead. Flashing LineageOS works though.

Flashing MicroG complains for the signature. I tired using the 'migration zip'
https://download.lineage.microg.org/extra/
...but no luck with that. Am I supposed to adb sideload that inthe first place or what?

Has anyone managed to flash 'LineageOS for MicroG' on the Pro1?
Any help appreciated!!

Thanks.

2 hours ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

Has anyone managed to flash 'LineageOS for MicroG' on the Pro1?

I have, but I've built the images myself (as I didn't want to wait for the official status), so maybe my builds are slightly different? Anyway, I've installed it just like the test builds, fastboot flashing the boot.img, booting into the recovery and from there flashing the zip.

It could be that the LOS4MicroG builds have no boot.img for you to flash, as they are automatically generated and the maintainer is missing. The entire project seems to be left on autopilot and for example the 17.1 devices are not building at all.

Considering that the Pro1 might get on 17.1 soon as well, you might want to self-build as well...

BTW, the migration zip is for migrating from upstream LineageOS to the microg fork. It is not needed when you wipe instead.

Edited by Gigadoc2
wrong info about migration zip
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gigadoc2 said:

It is not needed when you wipe instead.

Yeah, if I just COULD wipe. (Ok, I suppose the fastboot wipe method is as good as the (not working) recovery 'wipe system' method.)

MicroG really seems on autopilot... but I thought that was the whole advantage, as you stay updated OTA automatically with LineageOS releases??

You may be right, that my main issue is here, that I don't have a proper boot.img...
I am still scared to look into self-building... do u have any good tutorials/methods to recommend?

...and one more thing:
As I have you here, running LOS4µG perhaps you can report if you experienced that issue here

Thanks.

5 hours ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

You may be right, that my main issue is here, that I don't have a proper boot.img...

I am still scared to look into self-building... do u have any good tutorials/methods to recommend?

I am also building it myself. It is quite easy actually with the docker container: https://gist.github.com/dicer/3543ef27cbee845c0cbba9cf3f15242a

You just need a lot of RAM (I think 16GB?) and disk space (>100GB).

You won't get OTAs though. You will have to rebuild yourself once in a while

Regarding the boot image: You can just use the one from TDMs website as far as I know. There is also a way to extract them from the generated zip files but I forgot how, since you only need to do that once as a base. You install the boot image in slot A, boot to its recovery and install your self-compiled recovery/boot-image and system into slot B. After the next reboot, slot B will be selected and your self-compiled boot image will be used.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Gigadoc2 said:

The entire project seems to be left on autopilot and for example the 17.1 devices are not building at all.

There is a pull request for 17.1 support, but I haven't checked yet whether it works.

I tried flashing the "LOS4µG" with TWRP now... it came out like that:

I:operation_start: 'Flashing'
Installing zip file '/external_sd/lineage-16.0-20200801-microG-pro1.zip'
Checking for Digest file...
I:MD5 Digest: 1222a9af83ab781d24980e495f7bce0b lineage-16.0-20200801-microG-pro1.zip
Digest matched for '/external_sd/lineage-16.0-20200801-microG-pro1.zip'.
I:AB zip
I:has_legacy_properties: Could not open /tmp/updater: No such file or directory!
I:Legacy property environment not used in updater.
Failed to parse build number in post-build-incremental=eng.root.20200801.131513.
Package is for product QX1000 but expected t5
I:Install took 0 second(s).
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/lineage-16.0-20200801-microG-pro1.zip'

What is that? What is "t5"??! Is this related to the MicroG-ROM? ...to TWRP? I got no clue.

31 minutes ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

I tried flashing the "LOS4µG" with TWRP now... it came out like that:

I:operation_start: 'Flashing'
Installing zip file '/external_sd/lineage-16.0-20200801-microG-pro1.zip'
Checking for Digest file...
I:MD5 Digest: 1222a9af83ab781d24980e495f7bce0b lineage-16.0-20200801-microG-pro1.zip
Digest matched for '/external_sd/lineage-16.0-20200801-microG-pro1.zip'.
I:AB zip
I:has_legacy_properties: Could not open /tmp/updater: No such file or directory!
I:Legacy property environment not used in updater.
Failed to parse build number in post-build-incremental=eng.root.20200801.131513.
Package is for product QX1000 but expected t5
I:Install took 0 second(s).
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/lineage-16.0-20200801-microG-pro1.zip'

What is that? What is "t5"??! Is this related to the MicroG-ROM? ...to TWRP? I got no clue.

t5 was the original model name for the Pro¹ before Google made them change it to QX1000. You can change the assert in the zip.

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, dicer said:

To be more precise, I need pretty much exactly 300GB (50 of that is optional ccache).

4 hours ago, dicer said:

There is a pull request for 17.1 support, but I haven't checked yet whether it works.

The pull request incorporated a forked version of MicroG itself, to make it work on Android 10, which is no longer necessary. In principle all that is needed now is to set up the build process for LOS 17.1 itself, and to use a new Signature spoofing patch (though just line numbers need to be changed, AFAIK). The problem is, someone needs to merge the pull request^^

For reference, what I use is this:

sudo podman run --rm -ti \
    -e "USER_NAME=Revreso Buildbot" \
    -e "[email protected]" \
    -e "KEYS_SUBJECT=/C=DE/O=Revreso/CN=Gigadoc2/[email protected]" \
    -e "BRANCH_NAME=lineage-16.0" \
    -e "DEVICE_LIST=pro1" \
    -e "SIGN_BUILDS=true" \
    -e "SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=restricted" \
    -e "CUSTOM_PACKAGES=GmsCore GsfProxy FakeStore MozillaNlpBackend NominatimNlpBackend com.google.android.maps.jar FDroid FDroidPrivilegedExtension fxtec_launcher" \
    -e "INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=true" \
    -e "CLEAN_AFTER_BUILD=false" \
    -e "USE_CCACHE=1" \
    -e "CCACHE_COMPRESS=1" \
    -v "/mnt/androidbuild/lineage:/srv/src" \
    -v "/mnt/androidbuild/zips:/srv/zips" \
    -v "/mnt/androidbuild/logs:/srv/logs" \
    -v "/var/cache/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
    -v "/home/gigadoc2/lineageos_keys:/srv/keys" \
    -v "/mnt/androidbuild/manifests:/srv/local_manifests" \
    -v "/mnt/androidbuild/userscripts:/srv/userscripts" \
    -v "/mnt/androidbuild/local_repos:/srv/local_repos" \
    lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd

In manifests there is the same file as with dicer:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="lineageos4microg/android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks" path="prebuilts/prebuiltapks" remote="github" revision="master" />
</manifest>

You might want to remove the `fxtec_launcher` from CUSTOM_PACKAGES and the line about `local_manifests`, I use that to replace Trebuchet with the stock launcher. You can also remove the lines about ccache when you want to save those 50GB, though it makes your builds take longer.

Edited by Gigadoc2
5 hours ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

I tried flashing the "LOS4µG" with TWRP now..

Unless tdm or someone secretly released it, we can't flash LOS with TWRP.  Even the µG version I would assume.  Use lineage recovery to flash LOSµG.

8 hours ago, tdm said:

t5 was the original model name for the Pro¹ before Google made them change it to QX1000. You can change the assert in the zip.

Hmm, when I look at https://download.lineage.microg.org/pro1/lineage-16.0-20200718-microG-pro1.zip there's no match for 't5' in the accompanying plain text files. Might be in payload.bin?  How do I make the change (to the assert) you spoke of?

EDIT: Oh, damn. I should change QX1000 info t5, not the other way round, got it.

Edited by fxtec-preorder-47xx
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

You are right. I used a (secretly? ...by Sean McCreary) released version:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2479-team-win-recovery-project-twrp/?do=findComment&comment=34151

The version you linked is the one that doesnt work for Android (stock or lineage) due to encryption.   It can be used with Sailfish which is not encrypted.  Use Lineage Recovery to install Lineage.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 8:13 PM, dicer said:

I am also building it myself. It is quite easy actually with the docker container: https://gist.github.com/dicer/3543ef27cbee845c0cbba9cf3f15242a

You won't get OTAs though. You will have to rebuild yourself once in a while

Regarding the boot image: You can just use the one from TDMs website as far as I know. There is also a way to extract them from the generated zip files but I forgot how, since you only need to do that once as a base. You install the boot image in slot A, boot to its recovery and install your self-compiled recovery/boot-image and system into slot B. After the next reboot, slot B will be selected and your self-compiled boot image will be used.

Thanks to you tutorial I managed to build lineage for microg but I have a problem installing it with lineage recovery and sideload.
After confirming to install with failed signature verification I get an error.
Happens with test recovery from tdm, official recovery and with official build microg and my own one.
Any Ideas what to do?

photo_2020-08-19_16-26-25.jpg

1 hour ago, mcdinner said:

Thanks to you tutorial I managed to build lineage for microg but I have a problem installing it with lineage recovery and sideload.
After confirming to install with failed signature verification I get an error.
Happens with test recovery from tdm, official recovery and with official build microg and my own one.
Any Ideas what to do?

photo_2020-08-19_16-26-25.jpg

If you boot to the boot/recovery that you built (by using fastboot to flash it), you should have no signature issues with the package.

Just a guess, but perhaps the microg signature spoofing is getting in the way of the metadata signatures?

The easiest solution might be to fastboot flash your built images instead of using recovery to install them.  You'll probably need boot, system, vbmeta, vendor.  You can find them in out/target/product/pro1 under your build tree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, tdm said:

If you boot to the boot/recovery that you built (by using fastboot to flash it), you should have no signature issues with the package.

Just a guess, but perhaps the microg signature spoofing is getting in the way of the metadata signatures?

The easiest solution might be to fastboot flash your built images instead of using recovery to install them.  You'll probably need boot, system, vbmeta, vendor.  You can find them in out/target/product/pro1 under your build tree.

Thanks for the hints, I'll start the build again as build artifacts got cleaned as I can see...

Add Thank you so much for all the work with Lineage!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, tdm said:

using my own boot image did the trick :) Install works smooth now, but after boot settings app and others just crash all the time and the system is not really working.

I deleted cache and userdata so I guess there is a problem with the build itself now

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 5:10 PM, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

Hmm, when I look at https://download.lineage.microg.org/pro1/lineage-16.0-20200718-microG-pro1.zip there's no match for 't5' in the accompanying plain text files. Might be in payload.bin?  How do I make the change (to the assert) you spoke of?

EDIT: Oh, damn. I should change QX1000 info t5, not the other way round, got it.

Hey @fxtec-preorder-47xx did you finally get any of the LOS4µG roms to install? Did changing the model name work?

5 hours ago, internationaltraitor said:

does the OTA also downloads and upgrades the new image recovery? or is it just the build that gets upgraded?

Because there is no separate recovery partition, recovery lives in the boot partition and gets updated with every ota.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...