Spare Parts

What about the camera modules? I have asked Fxtec to get a warranty replacement for my camera module (due to focus issue), but I don't feel very confident on getting that module very soon. So I wonder if I could source a replacement module on my own.

edit: looks like the Pro1 camera module (IMX363) is not available on Aliexpress. The Pro1-X module (IMX586) is there at least. I couldn't find the IMX363 from Google either, so looks like it is already too old technology? Also I am not sure if it is the actual camera module which needs replacement, or is it the smaller, assisting module.

Edited by auvo.salmi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • 2 years later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Background history Alright. So I broke my Pro1's screen. I don't know how the remaining scratches came to be, but the first one was the Pro1 falling off outside my bath tube (there was no wa

We send the screen part, not "just the screen" - that cannot be removed without a heatgun, potential damage and it's not something we provide. The screen part that we ship includes the frame arou

Ok, now I do: They're M1.4x2 and any shop that sells small screws should carry them. Also, they're easy to find in black, too, looking good enough for me to not bother with the black stickers anymore.

Posted Images

Hopefully these spare parts are enough if I need to make some repairs to my Pro1. I have already changed the usb board once so the current spare board is actually only partially working unit (it charges but without fast charge and HDMI out put does not work).

Usb board, battery and stickers are from F(x)tec and screen panel from AliExpress (Elephone U Pro). SIM card tray is taken from broken Pro1...

P_20240416_195803_1.thumb.jpg.75bb775ee8afe6c2e0176a0dc1b26c56.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Hopefully these spare parts are enough if I need to make some repairs to my Pro1. I have already changed the usb board once so the current spare board is actually only partially working unit (it charges but without fast charge and HDMI out put does not work).

Usb board, battery and stickers are from F(x)tec and screen panel from AliExpress (Elephone U Pro). SIM card tray is taken from broken Pro1...

P_20240416_195803_1.thumb.jpg.75bb775ee8afe6c2e0176a0dc1b26c56.jpg

I have a spare battery, usb connector, display from ali express, QWERTY keyboard overlay and the botton of a case. A new camera module is the only one which I must change till now

• Like 2
Just now, TeZtdevice said:

I have a spare battery, usb connector, display from ali express, QWERTY keyboard overlay and the botton of a case. A new camera module is the only one which I must change till now

Where keyboard overlay and the botton of a case can be bought?

20 hours ago, TeZtdevice said:

Well, nowhere 🙄

Regularly check Ebay et al. for a second hand -- even partly damaged -- Pro1, and do not hesitate to buy as soon as one pops up.

I've done so recently, to get a spare for my original Pro1 I got from f(x)tec 4 years ago. By picking the best parts from the two, I was able to assemble my very own "Super-Prawn" that looks and works better than my original one did even when brand-new. My Pro1-X cannot compete, even after months of trying to make it a viable successor, and is now shelved again. Probably forever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, claude0001 said:

I've done so recently,

May I ask you the price you had to pay and the problem it had?
It would be good to get some hardware...

26 minutes ago, VaZso said:

May I ask you the price you had to pay and the problem it had?

It has a heavily-scratched back (not affecting functionality) and had a non-working main camera upon arrival (as advertised). The latter was easily fixed by re-seating the camera connector onto the mainboard. However, also the camera module itself seems to have the focussing issue discussed here years ago, so I replaced it with the one from my original Pro1. On the positive side, the device's keyboard and battery are in much better shape than those of my original Pro1 after 4 years.

I paid 474 €. Not directly a bargain, but much better-invested money compared to my Pro1-X purchase from Expansys ...

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2