Instructions for Deleting Profile

It would be nice if deleting a profile did not leave the comments as just belonging to "Guest", but something able to not destroy context

Say Guest_1 etc. Otherwise just a few deleted in an active thread like the "On production...." could render conversations completely incomprehensible as "who said what?", except the directly quoted/linked in an answer.

• Like 1

Dear All

I had to recreate a profile to end the mystery.

The closure of my account has nothing to do with the community. I enjoyed this community.

I want to reduce my involvement as I am spending too much time on this forum. The best way to do so is to delete my profile. If not I will keep posting.

Now I need to asks fxtec to delete another profile. Sorry about this.

Full success to the pro1 and fxtec

Bye

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

It would be nice if deleting a profile did not leave the comments as just belonging to "Guest", but something able to not destroy context

Say Guest_1 etc. Otherwise just a few deleted in an active thread like the "On production...." could render conversations completely incomprehensible as "who said what?", except the directly quoted/linked in an answer.

Just make sure you don't delete yours then haha

• Haha 3
  • 3 years later...

@steff

They know this for sure. I will post some links for you here:

Without being a legal expert, it looks to me that they are currently in breach of atleast Article 7, Paragraph 3, in your case.

- GDPR:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A02016R0679-20160504

- A list of the Data Protection Agencies of the member states:

https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en

- Since Fxtec reside in UK, here is the UK GDPR:

https://www.gov.uk/data-protection

- And this is how to report a company in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint

Good luck! I hope they realize that fighting the EU over GDPR is a really bad idea, as large companies like Google, H&M and Brittish Airways, have all been fined in excess of €10.000.000 when they tried. I hope they (fxtec) decide it is not worth it and just help you out, as is your right.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, steff said:

Do I need to cross a line and use racism, hate speech, antisemitism, sexism?

Just so you know, this would only result in having the post hidden or you banned, which does not actually delete your account, which we have no means of doing.  I don't say this with any intended animosity, just informing you that the suggested behavior won't get what you actually want, which I agree there should be a simple means of doing.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, steff said:

Of course, if i am able to create an account on my own,  i should also be able to delete it on my own. I should never have to ask someone else to delete it. But now it is close to two weeks from asking to delete it. Really shameful.

Yes, you could say that. Then again, I can't remember there having been an actual forum administration worth mentioning except the users who've been moderators. If you even reach someone through the support email for once, that someone may not even have access to the forum. And given how badly the company's smartphone production and shipments and overall communications and service operations have been going over time, and, most significantly, lately, personally I'm glad that this forum even still exists. I wouldn't expect any actual person to do any actual work on this forum any time soon.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, sequestris said:

I don't understand why nix an account? Just don't use it.

I can't be sure of their motivation, but I believe it's about security, in case the database of this forum gets leaked or something else happens, their personal data are less likely to be part of it.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, foxfreejack said:

I can't be sure of their motivation, but I believe it's about security, in case the database of this forum gets leaked or something else happens, their personal data are less likely to be part of it.

I can see that.