Games - What do you play on your Pro1?

4 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

I'm not that much of gamer, but now that I've finally got a Pro¹ I just couldn't resist and bought two of those! I never had a gamepad before for whatever I used for gaming, whether a phone or a tablet or a PC. Now It is about time I got one, and I bought one for my partner, too, even though she doesn't have a Pro¹ (she's happy with her Fairphone and wants to use it for as long as possible). I guess it cannot hurt, especially since it's getting less and less clear how long the COVID-19 lockdown will have to continue. (Here in Germany, the infection rate is suddenly rising again after the long second wave was just seeming to slowly ebb away with first reliefs from restrictions just around the corner, but now there's already fear of a third wave, as the British mutation – no, that's not about Brexit – is more and more replacing the original variant of the virus...)

I empathise. Not much better here in Romania either. At least I turned my apartment into a gym about a year ago when I sensed covid approaching and also beefed up my PC. I've never been so fit and never worked so much as I have in the last year (I'm a web designer and also learned video streaming and editing the last months for work). So, just making the best of it, I guess. :))) 

Glad I could recommend something of interest, regarding the controller.

Edited by Rud
  • Like 1
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see, there are a number of games I play on the Pro1   Where Is the Setting Game How Do I Make This Stop Search Game What Does This Do Challenge The Volume Game Puzzl

So... This happened :)))  

Since the keyboard driver is now fixed I can play whatever I want. Most likely I will stick with nostalgic platform games like Sonic and Mario.  

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

I just found out that Huntdown was released for Android.

It's an awesome 80's inspired cyberpunk pixel art shooter/platformer. (There's even a Snake Pliskin easter egg 😄 )

Played it on PC until now.

Works perfectly with the Pro1's keyboard.

Premium game, no microtransactions.

Edited by Rud
On 2/21/2021 at 1:53 PM, Rob. S. said:

I'm not that much of gamer, but now that I've finally got a Pro¹ I just couldn't resist and bought two of those! I never had a gamepad before for whatever I used for gaming, whether a phone or a tablet or a PC. Now It is about time I got one, and I bought one for my partner, too, even though she doesn't have a Pro¹ (she's happy with her Fairphone and wants to use it for as long as possible). I guess it cannot hurt, especially since it's getting less and less clear how long the COVID-19 lockdown will have to continue. (Here in Germany, the infection rate is suddenly rising again after the long second wave was just seeming to slowly ebb away with first reliefs from restrictions just around the corner, but now there's already fear of a third wave, as the British mutation – no, that's not about Brexit – is more and more replacing the original variant of the virus...)

What is the ipega model number that you bought, there are several versions, so not sure which one is the right fit.

1 hour ago, xenon said:

What is the ipega model number that you bought

PG-9083S

I must add, though, that I haven't found much opportunity yet to use my Pro1 for gaming, and in the few games with which I gave the controller a quick try it didn't work too well. But that might be just me.

• 5 months later...

Just saw yesterday, that "Baba is you" is now on Android (Played it on switch before). I tested it, and it works great with the keyboard. Movement is on arrow-keys and WASD.  Rewind is even mapped on Ctrl+Z (and more comfortable: backspace).

"Baba is you" is a "Boulder Dash" like puzzle Game where the rules of the current level are blocks on the playing field and can be moved around which changes the rules. For example there may be a Rule out of three blocks: "[Wall][Is][Stop]" which means you can't walk through walls. By pushing one of these three blocks out, the rule will not be there anymore and you can walk through walls.

I can highly recommend that one. It is quite expensive for an app (7CHF so roughly 6.5 Euros or 8$), but you get a fully grown indie hit for a few bucks.

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, brunoais said:

@Doktor Oswaldo Any idea how to play it without google play? I don't think that's possible...

Even if I buy it on steam, I won't get an android build...

Unfortunately no. If you give him a message ( https://twitter.com/ESAdevlog ) he might agree on adding it as an .apk ... I don't know him at all, I it just a guess since he seems to include as many possibilities as possible on his website (direct buy there, drm free, linux version).

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/6/2022 at 7:32 PM, brunoais said:

What did you do so it fits?

It's just sitting in the biggest of the cases provided. It's quite stable and usable actually, it's just not locked in. In theory I guess you could 3D print a shell for it.

Edited by Slion
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Slion said:

It's just sitting in the biggest of the cases provided. It's quite stable and usable actually, it's just not locked in. In theory I guess you could 3D print a shell for it.

OK. So the Pro¹ is too small. Nice. That's way easier to fix than too big 👍

• Haha 3
  • 1 year later...