The Astro Slide! (sliding keyboard phone competition from planetcom)

I looked at this device as well but decided to go with the pro1 x for the following reasons:

- size: the communicator and astroglide look more like a netbook than a phone

- cpu: media tek cpu reviews don't sound as good as qualcomm

- linux: with the new cpu and the new 5g capability, it makes me wonder about linux driver support

- schedule: they're planning on shipping in june or something which makes me suspect it might be more like 2022

• Like 3
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MediaTek doesn't release any open source code. So custom roms like Lineage etc. are very difficult to make. So you are stuck with stock. And further, given that it's all closed source Chinese code, I'

On the other hand, I'm happy someone finally made a keyboard slider for someone with big hands and thumbs like me.  I hated my work issued BBs-- I could never type on them, I also remember rejecting t

I couldn't agree more, I want a mini version of the Pro1 or the Cosmo (or both). I often see people bashing vertical keyboards on this forum but with some training you can type reaaaaally fast on t

Posted Images

On 2/7/2021 at 9:34 AM, Slion said:

TEX Shinobi, respect. I should get one of those at some point. Though my older Thinkpad keyboards are still going strong. How is it like? I would not know what kind of switches I should get either.

IMG_20210207_093008_compress32.jpg

And for an AZERTY Shinobi ? 😉

20210210_232129.thumb.jpg.7b86b6a6748c4b153d5232308c976893.jpg

I also got (and mostly used up to now) its little brother, the Yoda2 but back then no AZERTY option (at least it's ISO).

20210210_231933.thumb.jpg.f6678b86f1e9168563dcc3bbb209e652.jpg

(For the switches I went transparent on both.)

Edited by flx
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Have you guys looked at the Astroglide that’s being funded on IndieGoGo to see how it compares the the Pro-1x? I’ve backed both so I’ll be really happy with either (still on an iPhone 6 and it’s amazing I haven’t burned everything around me down) but it’d be nice to get a professional opinion as opposed to my “laidback consumer” approach.

Linky-link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/astro-slide-5g-transformer/x/27173864#/

1 hour ago, kilraanon said:

Have you guys looked at the Astroglide that’s being funded on IndieGoGo to see how it compares the the Pro-1x? I’ve backed both so I’ll be really happy with either (still on an iPhone 6 and it’s amazing I haven’t burned everything around me down) but it’d be nice to get a professional opinion as opposed to my “laidback consumer” approach.

Linky-link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/astro-slide-5g-transformer/x/27173864#/

yep there is a whole topic on this:

• Like 1

Well I'm pretty thrilled that there are likely to be 2 sliding keyboard phones available at some point.  My Moto Z3 is getting a bit long in the tooth.   I'd prefer a Pro1, but I'll take whichever one is released first.

Appreciate the side-by-side keyboard pix from lawliett.

UPDATE:  Rob's link about the downgrade mentions that they removed band 13.  Guess they don't want Verizon customers.  So much for the Astro Slide.

Edited by MrPib
  • Thanks 1