PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

46 minutes ago, ming1 said:

I have the same issue on drivers'check app in stock. the camera app rotate also 180 degress.

it is a huge problem to capture the driver license.

Thanks for the report. So it's not a regression.

There are settings for camera angle correction. I'll play around with them.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

5 hours ago, tdm said:

Don't suppose you can tell if stock also has this issue?

I have the same issue on stock using GCam Mod for example, so definitively there is something similar happening regarding this also under stock.

• Thanks 1
On 8/26/2020 at 12:41 PM, ming1 said:

I have the same issue on drivers'check app in stock. the camera app rotate also 180 degress.

it is a huge problem to capture the driver license.

I noticed something similar as well.  I took a picture and emailed it to myself from Outlook mobile a few days ago.  The picture was up-side-down when I received it.  Strange it all looks fine on the phone.

Edited by JooJooBee666
6 hours ago, JooJooBee666 said:

I noticed something similar as well.  I took a picture and emailed it to myself from Outlook mobile a few days ago.  The picture was up-side-down when I received it.  Strange it all looks fine on the phone.

Just for generel info. When rotating an image, until some years ago, the image information was 'resampled' to give the wanted direction. BUT there is also a FLAG in the EXIF metadata, telling if the image is to be rotated 0°, 90°, 180° or 270°
Unfortunately still not all viewers/handlers respects this!! So in one context a file may show correct, and in another in the native original data's orientation, that is: rotated compared to what was intended.

The purpose of this flag is to make rotation fast and easy, while keeping all image information. The price is that the image is to be rotated whenever displayed, that is the cpu (or gpu) has do do some work on every display.

As an example in my blog on a compact camera review (see the first sample images here) I have an image that shown in full size are shown correctly, but when wordpress generated the reduced versions they ignored this flag, so the thumbs in the post displays the native original data's orientation.

• Thanks 2

Another one here with 180° issue. But, only in combination with Sphero BB8 in hologram mode 😅.

Any word on the typing bug that eats characters or just inserts new ones? I'd rather have a working keyboard phone than a stuck landscape mode. When I send my phone back for warranty I personally won't be running lOS until the keyboard has been dealt with. Unfortunately I am not the onlye one in this house who feels that way.

Edit:
I have to say that does seem to have been reduced with the latest LOS nightly. Still shit.

Edited by DieBruine
15 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Another one here with 180° issue. But, only in combination with Sphero BB8 in hologram mode 😅.

As described above, this really is the viewer not being in compliance with the jpeg standard ignoring the EXIF rotation flag.

5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

As described above, this really is the viewer not being in compliance with the jpeg standard ignoring the EXIF rotation flag.

It's like live playback. First you record a message. Then you point the camera to the droid and it plays the video while pointing the camera. Only thing is, it flips the screen in live view.

8 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Any word on the typing bug that eats characters or just inserts new ones? I'd rather have a working keyboard phone than a stuck landscape mode. When I send my phone back for warranty I personally won't be running lOS until the keyboard has been dealt with. Unfortunately I am not the onlye one in this house who feels that way.

Same here. I'm tracking whats happen here (in order to share with our competent developpers here), but difficult making this bug appear.

Most of the case it's on messenger, or whatsapp, but I can't precisely identify WHEN it happens. I think It's when keyboard lag, but I'm not sure. Maybe a problem with buffer ? Does it also appears in stock android ?

• Like 1

Looking at a pic that I took yesterday on the rear camera in portrait mode.  The EXIF data says rotation is "4", eg. bottom-left.  If I remove the EXIF data, the image rotates +90 so that the top is shown on the right side.  So it seems the physical camera sensor is mounted sideways.  I can see how an app would generate a picture that is sideways, but I am confused how an app would generate a picture that is upside down.  I'll have to look into this some more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
On 8/26/2020 at 7:44 AM, EskeRahn said:

It can take a VERY long time to get the very first fix. Try to leave it outside for say ten minutes, and see if that helps.
But Lineage DO seem to use fewer satellite-systems, see also the discussion here a month ago.

Eventually I managed to get a fix by updating the recovery and flashing the latest nightly (probably something borked during update from unofficial to official), but now I'm stuck with an encrypted /system and I'm unable to format it
How can I mount it? I want to perform a clean install of the latest nightly...

8 minutes ago, alexmarzulli said:

Eventually I managed to get a fix by updating the recovery and flashing the latest nightly (probably something borked during update from unofficial to official), but now I'm stuck with an encrypted /system and I'm unable to format it

We better tag @tdm here, he knows a LOT more about this than I do.

2 hours ago, alexmarzulli said:

You mean data won't mount? What are you seeing? Does it boot to recovery and ask to wipe data? Something else?

please help, i'm a noob. i'm stuck on cmd prompt fastboot devices and my pc can not recognize my phone.. even though the cmd prompt to get into fastboot mode works...
edit... had to update my device driver in device manager while in fastboot with adb interface from the universal adb driver package.

also, while in fastboot menu, on device manager on my computer, the portable devices>android has a yellow exclamation point.. but when not in fast boot it is recognized as usb devices>msm8998.....

and when i try to delete the adb-fastboot folder with the clockwork mod universal adb drivers in the folder, with the recover image and zip in the same adb-fastboot folder, it says i can not delete the folder cause it is open in another program??...  maybe i messed up installing adb and i wanted to uninstall and reinstall from the beginning... 

i've been stuck for 5 hours, my first time trying to flash a phone with a custom rom.

now i got to fastboot devices and tried the next command,, and this is what i get

C:\Users\J\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot devices
1d2ae2c3        fastboot

C:\Users\J\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot flashing unlock
FAILED (remote: 'Flashing Unlock is not allowed
')
fastboot: error: Command failed

edit... had to re-check the oem unlock button cause i kept on messing with it

i'm a noob... thanks TDM for the official lineage package.  i've always wanted a Jolla, but living in the US was hard to come by, even with ebay... maybe i will try that eventually, this year.  anyways, now i can finally use my pro1 and stick my sim card in it, since i successfully flashed lineage (no gapps) on this phone. had it laying around for about 2-3 weeks lol... (the task was daunting)

basically, my only question now is,  when Pro1 gets updated with android 10, do i need to reflash to stock to download android 10, in order to flash back to lineage, to get lineage 17 ?

Edited by internationaltraitor
  • Like 1
On 8/28/2020 at 4:24 PM, raymo said:

Same here. I'm tracking whats happen here (in order to share with our competent developpers here), but difficult making this bug appear.

Most of the case it's on messenger, or whatsapp, but I can't precisely identify WHEN it happens. I think It's when keyboard lag, but I'm not sure. Maybe a problem with buffer ? Does it also appears in stock android ?

I can reboot my phone, start Hangouts or Drive (sheets) or FireFox and 90% chance it's fucked up. I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure it is impossible to type for  more than 5 minutes straight without this bug manifesting.

EDIT:

As soon as I open HNagouts and start typing. Shit hits the fan. Last  10 minutes  I was editing a couple of sheets. A friend of mine sent me a Hangouts message. I switched apps and started typing, You coun't meout whIh d ty = You couldn't make out what I had typed,,,, AArgh.

Edit2:

Seriously I am going back to stock. This is absolutely ridiculous. Passed week I haven't had time for this community nor my phone. But everytime I do have the time to use it and type it works on my nerves. Come to papa dear old screen rotation bug...

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

I can reboot my phone, start Hangouts or Drive (sheets) or FireFox and 90% chance it's fucked up. I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure it is impossible to type for  more than 5 minutes straight without this bug manifesting.

EDIT:

As soon as I open HNagouts and start typing. Shit hits the fan. Last  10 minutes  I was editing a couple of sheets. A friend of mine sent me a Hangouts message. I switched apps and started typing, You coun't meout whIh d ty = You couldn't make out what I had typed,,,, AArgh.

Edit2:

Seriously I am going back to stock. This is absolutely ridiculous. Passed week I haven't had time for this community nor my phone. But everytime I do have the time to use it and type it works on my nerves. Come to papa dear old screen rotation bug...

The device is rather busy for a couple minutes after boot.  So the issue is probably load related (as I think we have all suspected for some time).  I'm currently out of town, but I'll try to get you a debug kernel next week that shows what keys are being pressed and released.  You can correlate that to your typing to see if the issue is in the kernel or in Android.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Is there any way to get the row of icons that has the navigation "pill" and "back" buttom to move to the bottom of the screen when the phone is in landscape?

It seems a bit weird for "back" to swap from being pressed with the left hand in portrait to the right hand in landscape and for the gestures on the "pill" to be 90 degrees out when you switch between landscape and portrait.

• Like 2
On 8/29/2020 at 2:58 AM, tdm said:

You mean data won't mount? What are you seeing? Does it boot to recovery and ask to wipe data? Something else?

I had issues with getting a GPS fix a couple of days ago, and I managed to solve that problem by flashing the latest nightly.
All fine and dandy, completed the seup, enrolled the fingerprints, tested how many satellites I could track and everything worked.
But after rebooting the phone, the fingerprint were lost, and on the lockscreen it woldn't prompt me to use fingerpring unlock.
Enrolled them again, rebooted, same problem.
I've tried reinstalling the zip, formatting /system via recovery (it didn't work), rolling back to the previous nightly, the fingerprints were always lost after rebooting.
@tdm, what can I do from here to get fingerprint unlock persistent after rebooting?

As for GPS, yesterday I tried to get a cold fix while traveling in a car and it took about 20 minutes, even though there were roughly 12 satellites visible all the time. It was in Poland. Today it was much better and it the fix was almost instant.

Looks like under some circumstances the GPS fix is terribly slow.

• Like 2
On 8/6/2020 at 2:06 AM, Craig said:

Wake on keypress and kbd backlight on keypress and sticky shift all work in LineageOS.....  but yeah still waiting for those fixes on stock... hopefully soon....

is there a way to toggle on and off the kbd backlight in lineage? 
is there a place where i can see all the kbd shortcut commands for lineage?

• Like 1

There's this bug where the directory /persist/data/fingerprint keeps it's data and can't be overwritten:

On 8/10/2020 at 8:43 PM, tdm said:

@EvilDragon:

For the battery drain, you can start by getting a logcat and looking for something crashing constantly, or perhaps get a shell and run "top".

For the fingerprint reader, it sounds like your persist fingerprint data is full.  Try deleting /persist/data/fingerprint (you will need root) and then reboot.  Now you should be able to enroll fingerprints and have them saved.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, internationaltraitor said:

is there a way to toggle on and off the kbd backlight in lineage? 
is there a place where i can see all the kbd shortcut commands for lineage?

Yes and yes!

I summarized most of the keyboard stuffon reddit:

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 8/28/2020 at 6:41 PM, internationaltraitor said:

basically, my only question now is,  when Pro1 gets updated with android 10, do i need to reflash to stock to download android 10, in order to flash back to lineage, to get lineage 17 ?

Most likely not. I don't know if there will even be an official stock 10. And if there is, I'll probably make a package to update the firmware without going back to stock.

• Thanks 3

And an add-on app is available to add a quicksetting toggle for keyboard backlight (hopefully soon to be built in) just in case you want to turn it off for reading or watching a movie in the dark.

hopefully we get that built in.  because that add on that you recommended, does not work.  i even tried rebooting with the disable backlight,, and still lights show up.

• EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion