On delivery and local customs issues

Same here, last update was yesterday 04:25 at Roissy Charles de Gaulle.

Was supposed to arrive today before 12:00, and now the tracking says today.

I live in France, Normandy.

Edited by N-Mi
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sooo problems with fedex customs resolved and phone is now by me :)

To sum up the situation of B2B customs: (but at first!! The phone is just awesome and absolutely worth waiting!!!!) We got papers to sign from FedEx, which were commercial invoice, power of

I have made this for the delivery and customs issues some are experiencing, so other can find hints on how to deal with the couriers. Will try to move things in here from various other threads, l

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Mine changed from 18:00 to unknown.

Someone mind telling me what your shipment weight is? Mine is 1.5LBS. That doesn't compute.

It does sound a bit low, but not far off. The original box I had with the phone is 600g, but that came in an outer cardboard box, that will add a bit.

Yup, same for me. 18:17 moving again. Well I hadn't noticed the 5 hours delay on Saturday. So it doesn't seem all that strange the delivery will be delayed by at least a day. It was destined to arrive at the hub at 23:00, not 04:35. You can't expect a delivery as promised when it's that late. 

I'll be expecting it tomorrow. It's a 5 hour drive to my local hub. So fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Someone mind telling me what your shipment weight is? Mine is 1.5LBS. That doesn't compute.

Why not?   (Kept reading; you ordered 3).  Yeah I'd be worried.  They probably sent 3 to someone who ordered 1 and 1 to you.  I'm reminded of the married couple who ordered two and only got one, and the corresponding guy in same country who ordered one and got 2.

Edited by Craig

Fuck You FxTec, really Fuck You. pfff one deliverd out of three....

Edit 1:
I let it get the best of me. But, I'm still very disappointed and angry right now.

Edit 2:
So, lightning fast response... Apologies (accepted) and tracking info on the additional phones within the week.
I will keep you informed.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Sad 5

Delivered 45 min before time, perfect condition. Thanks FedEx.

I just unboxed it and I definitely like the amount of force that is required to open it so it doesn't slide open by itself when in your cargo pants. The trick is that you shouldn't try to slide it open horizontally with your thumbs on the screen (what may at first seem intuitive and was built into e.g. the Blackberry Priv) but instead by applying just a bit of force from the side on the edge of the screen in a slightly upwards manner. It just took me like 15 sec to figure out how to do it with one Hand only. So keep trying and give it a chance.

• Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, OliverTypes said:

It's here but I am too scared to unpack it.

Kidding, just finishing my coffee first 😄

I'm sure going to do the opposite when mine arrives. No coffee for me when unpacking it lest I drop it on the floor or break it in some never-before-thought-possible way.

Heck, I probably should have some kind of calming drink before getting to unpack..! 😁

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, agent008 said:

I'm sure going to do the opposite when mine arrives. No coffee for me when unpacking it lest I drop it on the floor or break it in some never-before-thought-possible way.

Heck, I probably should have some kind of calming drink before getting to unpack..! 😁

Fiddling with the odd opening the first times I recommend a comfy chair or a sofa. So even if it should pop out of your hands, it should be safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Fiddling with the odd opening the first times I recommend a comfy chair or a sofa. So even if it should pop out of your hands, it should be safe.

Good idea. I'll follow your suggestion  while also making sure i put a soft thick rug under the sofa! 

Edited by agent008
  • Haha 1

Hmmm, OK, the tracking has changed, and now it tells me they are waiting for me to send them the custom documents.

I received a few days ago a mail with lots of attachments, and they seem not to handle correctly the DDP, as I can read from the "Customs clearance problem" topic. And as I ordered it with my company, they also want me to join a Kbis (a document to prove my company registration, that I have to order and pay before sending them).

• Sad 1

Mine is stuck in Memphis.

I was wondering what could have caused this, and apparently bad stuff is happening there. Apparently international packages MUST go through there since that's where customs is. On top of that, the Memphis hub has been severely slowed to the point of being almost entirely manual. On top of top of that, after glancing around public forums like Reddit and whatnot, a lot of people are reporting the Memphis hub saying that their package is "empty" and undeliverable. On top of top of top of that, Due to all of the people calling in about the above problems, there is a MASSIVE wait to call in to speak with someone.

Even worse, the general consensus of what I read says "If it's stuck in Memphis, call".

... Any chance of UPS?

Edited by Lasagnasaurus
  • Sad 2