On delivery and local customs issues

@Waxberry Any updates on the situation already? Excuse me for being a bit pushy now, but I'd hate if this went off your mind over the weekend or something and I only noticed I should've brought it up again later. As I'm expecting multiple days of turn-around on FedEx' end, I'd love quickness where I can perhaps still influence it a bit.

Having the package find it's way to me this week would be cool. I'm calm about it, but also kept seeing that some parties have to be asked again to actually get responses for some reason (lost like a week of time from that)... well that's for FedEx, but my mind is set on this for this package now. Just don't get it the wrong way. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sooo problems with fedex customs resolved and phone is now by me :)

To sum up the situation of B2B customs: (but at first!! The phone is just awesome and absolutely worth waiting!!!!) We got papers to sign from FedEx, which were commercial invoice, power of

I have made this for the delivery and customs issues some are experiencing, so other can find hints on how to deal with the couriers. Will try to move things in here from various other threads, l

Posted Images

So yesterday after communication over the support system, Fxtec agreed to send me another unit straight from the UK as soon as possible (well, Monday is the earliest they can check if they have one to do so). Okay, nice.

But...

Saturday , 2/15/2020

10:51 am

KOELN DE

Clearance in progress

After 23 days, the tracking status suddenly changed. Talking to FedEx and Fxtec it seemed rather grim. What happened?
If this is just the shipment going back, then it is a very confusing status. The FedEx support agent who was supposed to keep me updated asap and called me a few times when nothing happened did not notify me yet... probably since they're off on weekends as well.
Does someone from Fxtec know anything? Well, I'll probably find out where it goes next either way.

This is weird, but maybe I'll get a device soon.

• Like 1

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png.c47aef79c46e8c04e4fa2e7806b927e5.png
How? I'm very curious what suddenly happened to convince them... or did you find out you made a typo in your EORI number the whole time or something? I'm very confused.

@Waxberry @Erik , pinging you again here. You very likely did something to have this happen, but for the small off-chance that you didn't, please hold off sending that other device. I'll also shoot a proper support reply here, but not sure if that'd get read in time.

I'd also like to apologize to the community a bit here. Quadruple post it is now. Would break quite the forum rules if we had any.

Edit:
I can still edit this? Neat. Not posting again since it's not quite important, but FedEx did not show up this Monday. Cool. Forgot how I was still missing out on what FedEx' famous for.

Edited by elvissteinjr
Eh
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

I'd also like to apologize to the community a bit here. Quadruple post it is now. Would break quite the forum rules if we had any.

It would be really nice if we had an "append" function, I also often feel the need for a follow-up, where it just not seems optimal to generate a whole new reply-post.

• 2 months later...

Hoo boy... looks like my phone is currently stuck in customs at Charles de Gaulle airport in France. Delivery date is up in the air again.

Maybe I shouldn't look at the tracking data every few hours...

Edit: Oh... it actually went to Cologne today. Delivery date is still gone... maybe it's arriving earlier?

Edited by Wheeljack
Update
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Wheeljack said:

Hoo boy... looks like my phone is currently stuck in customs at Charles de Gaulle airport in France. Delivery date is up in the air again.

Maybe I shouldn't look at the tracking data every few hours...

I haven't even gotten a tracking number yet but I expect mine to be also stuck in customs... Now, hopefully Fxtec put the phone number on the package because if they didn't and customs won't contact me it will be just sent back without me knowing anything.. (our customs is ultra crap)

Edited by Tsunero
  • 2 months later...

Tracking info came!

image.thumb.png.a0d2036b4986c32419d1d0229bf7b6b4.png

I can't describe how giddy this made me. Now all I have to do is navigate the Brazilian Customs hell, get ready to have my wallet wiped clean by the government, and the phone will be mine. haha

EDIT: Oh, by the way. Sender is said by Fedex tracking to be EXPANSYS. Does anyone else have this same info on their tracking notice?

Edited by agent008
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, Swond said:

Nothing here yet, so I hope it will come before the day is over - that I can also open a bottle 😄 Well..  Few days forward or after does not matter a lot, but can you imagine me drinking at work? during the day?? 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

I see you reacted sad to my Fedex info. I feel you.

I believe that if you got the stock assigned email, it is only a matter of time, maybe a day, maybe hours, until you get your tracking info too! Maybe it is already after work hours in your time zone? Which would mean Fedex would contact you tomorrow...

EDIT: Oh, by the way. Sender is said by Fedex tracking to be EXPANSYS. Does anyone else have this same info on their tracking notice?

Edited by agent008
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, agent008 said:

I believe that if you got the stock assigned email, it is only a matter of time, maybe a day, maybe hours, until you get your tracking info too! Maybe it is already after work hours in your time zone? Which would mean Fedex would contact you tomorrow...

Or like me just feel sorry for the customs bills that are going to hit you. Your government certainly use drastic measures to limit import of foreign electronics. 😵

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Or like me just feel sorry for the custom bills that are going to hit you. Your government certainly use drastic measures to limit import of foreign electronics. 😵

Oh, in that case, thanks for the empathy 🙂

Yeah, it is an age-old problem. A legacy from the dictatorship we had from 1969 till 1986. And no government has yet been brave enough to mess with this hornet's nest.

It was supposed to help enhance local technology manufacturing back then. But our labourers being almost as poor (and earning almost as little back then) as the Chinese people, even so somehow we managed to not jump on the silicon bandwagon. Which could have made us at least as relevant as, say, one of the "Asian tigers" in the technology sector. For that our dictators should have invested in higher education, research programmes, and worked really hard to get a slice of the fab operations that Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore got.

Edited by agent008
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, agent008 said:

Sender is said by Fedex tracking to be EXPANSYS.

That's who they used when they shipped mine last year.  So that's normal for most destinations (Russia not included I think).  My guess is they truck them from factory in sz to expansys in hk and fedex picks them up from expansys. 

route.jpg.36baf57782086e8e0db6c3059d654a01.jpg

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Years ago, back when it was hard to get good smartphones without a contract in the US, Expansys was the go-to distributor to pick up international phones, So they have a lot of experience with shipping and handling electronics for overseas distribution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, agent008 said:

Hahahh, so it is exactly how I imagine it 😄 Tracking from FedEX came today at 11:10 😄 So.. Now the question is, open the bottle, or not? 😄 😄 😄 😄 Seems like it has to be non-alcoholic 😄

Edit: And I am curious about customs too.. I think it won´t be that drastic as yours, but I am sure it won´t be small amount..

Edited by Swond
And
24 minutes ago, CornholioGSM said:

...i have message from fedex too...and customs problem 😞

Same here, FedEx called me about some informations about customs to determine customs fee. Czech Republic. Anyone else have this issue? @Erik: Is it still like the previous statement was, that the manufacturer is from GB and within EU there should not be any other custom payments?

1 hour ago, Swond said:

Same here, FedEx called me about some informations about customs to determine customs fee. Czech Republic. Anyone else have this issue? @Erik: Is it still like the previous statement was, that the manufacturer is from GB and within EU there should not be any other custom payments?

Is it customs fee or VAT that they want from you?

39 minutes ago, sorgo said:

Is it customs fee or VAT that they want from you?

They want customs fee. I should not pay VAT at this point, cause my order is B2B. VAT will be processed at our company afterwards.

28 minutes ago, Swond said:

They want customs fee. I should not pay VAT at this point, cause my order is B2B. VAT will be processed at our company afterwards.

Always a few customs offices that have never done "DDP" (Delivered Duty Paid) shipments in their lives. Please email [email protected] and we'll teach them how to do their jobs as usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9