On delivery and local customs issues

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sooo problems with fedex customs resolved and phone is now by me :)

To sum up the situation of B2B customs: (but at first!! The phone is just awesome and absolutely worth waiting!!!!) We got papers to sign from FedEx, which were commercial invoice, power of

I have made this for the delivery and customs issues some are experiencing, so other can find hints on how to deal with the couriers. Will try to move things in here from various other threads, l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, N-Mi said:

they seem not to handle correctly the DDP

Damn that sounds like a nightmare, hope you can get it sorted. Our customs seemed to know what to do with it and it came through fine after a few days. (also lots of props to @VaZso for telling me what to tick on the form, I had absolutely no idea what DDP was before that)

Edited by Tsunero
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Lasagnasaurus said:

Mine is stuck in Memphis.

I was wondering what could have caused this, and apparently bad stuff is happening there. Apparently international packages MUST go through there since that's where customs is. On top of that, the Memphis hub has been severely slowed to the point of being almost entirely manual. On top of top of that, after glancing around public forums like Reddit and whatnot, a lot of people are reporting the Memphis hub saying that their package is "empty" and undeliverable. On top of top of top of that, Due to all of the people calling in about the above problems, there is a MASSIVE wait to call in to speak with someone.

Even worse, the general consensus of what I read says "If it's stuck in Memphis, call".

... Any chance of UPS?

When mine went through the Memphis Hub it landed in Alaska first and I'm pretty sure it went through customs there and not Memphis.  Memphis is the main routing super-hub for FedEx, but mine was there mere hours before getting to me in VA the next day.  But that was December 2019, a whole different world.  Hope it is just delayed due to processing/manning issues and not having trouble with customs.

• Like 1

Soooooo.. How many of you have the phone bought for company? As B2B?  I mean those from last shipped batch. Our phones for CZE are stuck in Prague airport for customs clearance. It seems, that DDP is a problem in this case, because the product has been shipped from out of the EU. @CornholioGSM has been told, that the correct way was to transfer the batch into GB, all customs should be cleared there (those customs for EU) and then it can be sent into other EU countries as B2B. Problem within this case is VAT. FxTEC correctly sent those units VAT excluded, but from HK, not from GB like it usually should have been done - already with cleared customs. VAT excluded is applicable (and obligatory) only within EU. Tracking info tells "Customs clearance delay - Customs clearance instructions are required from the importer".. Another thing is that we had to make international registration number EORI to finish the customs. Eventhough we don´t need it obviously - it is mainly for international trade only..  Waiting is killing me 😄

EDIT: Is there anyone from actual batch buying the phone B2B and had/have problems? Or is there anyone, who had not?

Edited by Swond
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@Swond

I ordered one phone as B2B, with VAT excluded. I don't have an EORI, so I just entered my company registration number (there was a box for this in the form).

Printed, signed, scanned all needed papers. On the Fedex Electronic Commercial Invoice, there was a "Comments" section where I wrote that taxes were handled by sender because it was DDP.  In the mail I sent them with all the attachments, I wrote the same thing and added that I am only the receiver, and the importer was Fxtec, and I'm not supposed to handle anything about customs for this parcel. For the company registration document they asked me, I sent them the one I had which was more than one year old, I hope they won't ask me a more recent one because I don't want to pay for a document that is useless in this case.

The tracking says that the parcel is now in the FedEx vehicule for delivery, althought it also says the delivery is in waiting state and there is no delivery date/hour planned.

I'll give an update as soon I have the phone and more informations on if they ask me any tax/VAT.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@N-Mi

Thanks for your info. In conclusion we made it the same way, I just made the EORI number on top of that. Its free of charge, so why not. And sign all documents with info of DDP same as you. Now the status changed also to "delivering" without any other specification. Lets see. Looking forward to any info either from FedEx, either from you.

Edited by Swond
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Aug 5, 2020 07:52
On FedEx vehicle for delivery 

Aug 5, 2020 12:01
Delivery exception. Future delivery requested

Sigh... After almost one year waiting for the phone, even FedEx is trolling me.
Edited by N-Mi
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The waiting game is going on here too. But in my case, as we deal regularly with international trade, it was expected.

The package has reached the final point where a Fedex branch exists. From there on it will be handled by a local transport company, which is normal for my somewhat remote area. Of course the ETA from Fedex's system was partly correct - the package reached the final Fedex branch on time all right. I suspected it will be so.

This means in my case, everything is still going as expected. No hiccups until now. Keeping fingers crossed!

@Swond, @N-Mi, would you mind sharing the developments of your Customs experience with the DDP delivery? I am still not sure how it will be handled for me. Fedex still hasn't asked me for any documents to complete Customs clearance.

Sure, we will!

It is interresting you didnt obtain any documents. I can say it has arrived immediately after the tracking info came. Local FedEx sent me an invoice to check and confirm, power of attorney to represent myself during the customs process and few questions e.g. what the object in the package is, who is the producer, what are my initials and company identification etc.

obrazek.thumb.png.0265071cfe8fed46017c131586a7bddd.png

• Thanks 1

The guy that does Fedex deliveries for my area has just called.

Since my order was for an individual, and not a business, the "simplified" Customs procedure was adopted.

Turns out all I have to do is pay an amount which corresponds to roughly 280 euros to Fedex. They have already paid the governement.

Business as usual here in Brazil. In my more than 10 years experience with international trade, never had I come to know of a successful DDP import arrangement into Brazil. Mainly because there are so many variables at play, that the final duties and taxes amount is an unknown quantity, every single time.

I kinda had a hope it would be different this time around, but cannot be disappointed that it turned out as usual.

I'll have the phone in my hands in about 3-4 hours!

Edited by agent008
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Contact Fxtec, afaik they will reimburse you. Not your fault customs has no idea how to handle DDP correctly.

It is nobody's fault. But when I bought the phone I knew I would have to pay Customs in Brazil. 100% of our imports are like this and there is no way the sender can even estimate the amount of duties that will be imposed. That is upon the Customs officer's interpretation to decide.

Maybe I can ask Fxtec for a feimbursement of the estimated duty amount that was included into the full price of the phone. That means, whatever fee Fedex ended up not being able to pay here and thus ended up not charging their account. If they would reimburse me any amount, I would expect of them no more than whatever amount they had estimated and included in the price of the order.

Customs in Brazil is really difficult for nationals from other countries to understand. From the starting point when I ordered I knew Fxtec was naïve (as are 99% of international online sellers who are not used to doing business with Brazil) to promise duty paid

It would be dishonest of me to demand from Fxtec that they repay me whatever ridculous my country's almost un-navigable tax system decides to charge me.

Edited by agent008
corrected a sentence
  • Thanks 7

I am glad to say that the day has finally come. When my Fxtec Pro¹ has arrived.

Even though I followed the forum for a long time now, I am still surprised by the quality designed/engineered into this phone.

Maybe I should be less surprised but the thing is cooler in the flesh. I am positively surprised.

Here's hoping I won't face any of the hiccups and difficulties other people have!

For now... Let me get to know this little beast better. And Fxtec - this phone's a job well done and I can see it's a dream come true for those who dared believe they could achieve making something which sits right up there with the best names in the industry. Yes, communication and logistics were not world-class. But the product itself is.

POWER TO THE KEYBOARD!!!!🦾🏆😁

Edited by agent008
  • Like 8
35 minutes ago, agent008 said:

What do you think are the highlight advantages of LOS over stock?

Just about any known bug in Stock is fixed in LOS...Against it only counts if you need it be certified to run some special picky software. Could be a banking app, or some company stuff, if you plan to use it with your job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received a Pro1 this week, and I'm impressed by its quality. I pushed the phone off my desk (by accident, not as a stress test) and it survived flawlessly. Freaked me out when it clattered onto the wood floor.

Fun fact: I totally screwed installation of the included screen protector, but wasn't expecting to use a protector anyway.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, agent008 said:

It's in the plans. Just thought I'd see how far I'd get with stock.

What do you think are the highlight advantages of LOS over stock?

Lineage is mostly about privacy, and it gives you more control on what the apps may do behind your back. It is also much more customizable than stock Android, and it basically gives you access to all the available options in Android system. Some of them doesn't work as they should, but at least you have the freedom to make the choice 😄 Also Lineage has most those bugs existing in stock, fixed. I haven't used the stock for a while so I don't know whether they have fxed the bugs on stock too, but basically Lineage is more usable than the stock. The disadvantage is that banking apps and some company stuff doesn't work on natively on Lineage, but this can be fixed by hiding root from those apps by using Magisk.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, dave.liao said:

I pushed the phone off my desk (by accident, not as a stress test) and it survived flawlessly. Freaked me out when it clattered onto the wood floor.

I also freaked out when I dropped my Pro1 for the first time. Now I have dropped it quite many times, and looks like it is really rugged as I haven't managed to break it yet. Looks like the black coating on the alloy shell is fairly thin and wears out easily. All the corners of my pro are more silver than black nowadays, but this is a mere beauty issue.

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Swond said:

Is there anyone from actual batch buying the phone B2B and had/have problems? Or is there anyone, who had not?

Not from this batch, but I've had the same problem(s). In my country, Fedex is TNT, but the stupidity it's the same. @CornholioGSM is right, but the import it's triangular. VAT paid when it's imported "on the paper" in UK, reverse charge invoice UK-you, shipping from China. In my case, FxTech used Expansys as operator. I don't know if such a simple triangular B2B problem is Expansys fault or just FEDEX/TNT. I'm betting on the later, because in some EU countries there were no problems. Seems to be country FEDEX/TNT level related, because the EU regulations are the same. They insisted that I import the phone in the EU and wouldn't release it otherwise. It took almost a month of back and forth emails. In the end, I "accepted" that I'm the importer just to get the f. phone and I didn't have to pay anything extra. In my accounting, I've registered the invoice from UK and ignored all the fedex/tnt "import" docs.

They'll ask you different invoices, because the one from UK it's "not good" for them. From the factory or from Expansys. FxTech it will give you all the support you need with this, over the mail :)

@Val Thank you for your support. It looks pretty similar in our case. Just it seems, that yesterday the phone was released for delivery. Lets see.

With the invoice, I am going to do it the same way as you did. I am curious, what FedEx will ask for when it arrives.

• Like 2

Mine arrived this morning. The delivery guy did a mistake yesterday reading the postal code, and was too far from me in his delivery routine when he saw that he still had the parcel. He told that Fedex will contact me by mail if they think I need to pay duties/VAT.

It's on my desk, can't wait to unbox it 😍

• Like 2