• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The majority of the orders are complete. It's only natural for people to discuss a problem in the community, not the lack of. We barely ever hear from the customers who have received their devices in

Could you email your order ID to [email protected]? I don't see one linking to this community account.

Order #46XXX (QWERTY) was placed on December 28, 2019 and allocated today at 11:54.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

So I bought the phone in September and I'm just wondering how long it's going to take for it to be delivered, Im in the U.S.A.

I'll assume by September, you mean September 2020?  This is a user to user forum, so unfortunately there are no answers here, only guesses,. 

The bad news is that they haven't yet managed to fulfill all the "pre-orders".  They said something about another batch going out in early September, but we haven't had that confirmed, nor do we know how large a batch.

The good news is, if they do succeed in fulfilling all the pre-orders, there probably isn't a huge number of new orders yet, so it really could be sooner rather than later. 

You'll really have to ask at [email protected] and see if they say anything.  For now, you can only go by the 10-12 weeks they promised on the order page. 

I will also say, you will get it.  FxTec is terrible at communication, but they aren't liars nor scammers and their customer support is good.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 9/15/2020 at 12:52 AM, Kevin said:

So I bought the phone in September and I'm just wondering how long it's going to take for it to be delivered, Im in the U.S.A.

I doubt you will get it this year.

• Confused 1
33 minutes ago, chippisc said:

9 months after you paid? Is it a normal order? Querty?

Yes and no.  9 months ago, COVID was hitting China and factories closed  down in Feb.  It's been a tough year.

It doesn't necessarily translate to that long a wait if ordered now.

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Duracell-Hase said:

Still waiting.... Ordered on 19.09.19

But I cancel my order within 9 days. If I don't have an email from Fx, my order is ready to ship

Sorry, couldn't resist 😄

I guess you wanted to say: "But I cancel my order within 9 days if I don't have an email from Fx that my order is ready to ship."

Edited by acrux
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
32 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

@acrux a lot of us in here are not fluent in English, and that is fine. Please bear with us.

I do hope you see the irony in that you fail using the quoting functionality correctly in your pointing out someone's error... 🙄

Well, my only intention was to help to make his/her posting understandable unequivocal 🙂

Thanks for pointing out the quotation mistake - corrected for now.

Edited by acrux
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

I received a screen last Monday. this was two weeks later than expected. I would assume my screen was sent from the same new batch. So surely some people should have received their phone by now, right!?! 🙃

18 minutes ago, Slion said:

New owner threads are quiet though.

The majority of the orders are complete. It's only natural for people to discuss a problem in the community, not the lack of. We barely ever hear from the customers who have received their devices in contrast to those who haven't.

It's the cycle of purchasing a Pro1 - order > join the community to see if you're the only one waiting > receive the device a few months later > exit community.

Of course, we are lucky to have very supportive Pro1 advocates who discuss the positive experiences with their Pro1, but a complain is typically a lot more of a reason to speak than a positive experience is - it's human nature. Positivity is expected, therefore not widely discussed, while delays can be frustrating and need reassurance by other community users in the same position. Once they're no longer in the "waiting position", most community users become inactive.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Erik said:

It's the cycle of purchasing a Pro1 - order > join the community to see if you're the only one waiting > receive the device a few months later > exit community.

Quite a number of users usually make a comment or pose a question when they have received their device. So I think the questions on the status of the announced "Early September batch" is quite reasonable to pose on September the 23.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Quite a number of users usually make a comment or pose a question when they have received their device. So I think the questions on the status of the announced "Early September batch" is quite reasonable to pose on September the 23.

Yes, as we approach (or miss) our set deadlines more similar comments can be expected :).

13 minutes ago, Erik said:

The majority of the orders are complete. It's only natural for people to discuss a problem in the community, not the lack of. We barely ever hear from the customers who have received their devices in contrast to those who haven't.

Ordered and paid 20th of November 2019, QWERTZ, to Germany. Still waiting. Are you sure the majority of orders has been completed? Should I be sending a mail to [email protected]?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

Ordered and paid 20th of November 2019, QWERTZ, to Germany. Still waiting. Are you sure the majority of orders has been completed? Should I be sending a mail to [email protected]?

The majority (2/3) of Pro1 pre-orders were placed in the first few months of us accepting pre-orders. Those were the small percentage of people who are happy to pre-order a product and wait for it. The biggest rush was in the first few days, as that's when everyone was rushing to be amongst the first. Most people who want a Pro1 haven't placed an order because it doesn't ship tomorrow like most people are used to. That is a segment we haven't explored yet as we haven't really launched with readily available stock.

In contrast to how much we have shipped, the remaining orders are very few.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 9/21/2020 at 10:56 AM, Erik said:
On 9/20/2020 at 8:21 PM, fxtecslowasmolasses said:

I've been waiting 12 damn months so probably longer than that.

Could you email your order ID to [email protected]? I don't see one linking to this community account.

So would you say those 12 months now count as an outlier? And I'd like to join the request – September 19, 2019, QWERTZ. If nothing else, this definitely has been a good training in patience! Maybe I've even become a bit more even-tempered overall along the way 😉   

59 minutes ago, Erik said:

Of course, we are lucky to have very supportive Pro1 advocates who discuss the positive experiences with their Pro1, but a complain is typically a lot more of a reason to speak than a positive experience is - it's human nature.

Most of us who are employees, "sellers" of their labour to the "customers" aka bosses, will know that principle quite well, if they think about it... 😉  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Erik said:

The majority (2/3) of Pro1 pre-orders were placed in the first few months of us accepting pre-orders. Those were the small percentage of people who are happy to pre-order a product and wait for it. The biggest rush was in the first few days, as that's when everyone was rushing to be amongst the first. Most people who want a Pro1 haven't placed an order because it doesn't ship tomorrow like most people are used to. That is a segment we haven't explored yet as we haven't really launched with readily available stock.

In contrast to how much we have shipped, the remaining orders are very few.

I'll believe it when I see general availability with in stock devices ready to ship, assuming that is still the goal

Edited by npatel1050
47 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

I'll believe it when I see general availability with in stock devices ready to ship, assuming that is still the goal

I do not think that F(x)tec ever planned to produce more than what was ordered. Perhaps a small overhead buffer, primarily for any needed warranty replacements, but I never heard that they would carry an extensive stock. There MIGHT be some dealers that want to take that chance though. We know that a few dealers had bought a handful for stock a while back - but they were sold out practically immediately. I do not know if any dealers currently got a stock.

• Like 2