Something special is coming...

11 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

AFAIK the Moto Mod was a Chen only project

I didn't remember that! Good to know. 

2 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

I was just trying to discuss how well F(x)tec has done in business manner?

In a business manner - Pro1 is like the milestone for the company, they made new business contacts and from now they can negotiate new contracts with bigger quantities which are a bit more prioritized. Now it will be rolling like snowball, if they will be able to find new customers and we will be able to change the phone every 2-3 generations 🙄

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! It’s Chen here, been a long time since we last talked or met in person. First of all I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, regardless where you are. It might be a difficu

There are many considerations to stock/factory software.  Here is a (probably not complete) list from someone who has been relatively close to the process in the past but not directly involved:  

I had to delete some of the content our very crafty users found about this :). We can’t share anything for certain until the 27th, as there’s still a lot of graphical (presentation) work undergoi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Slion said:

@Waxberry @Erik That secret tech bundle is missing a replacement keyboard layout. Hopefully we will get there.

Is the current tech bundle worth it for pro 1 owner?  Do they sell the whole upper part (not only the replacement screen)? Will replacement screen not be available in the future? What about battery: is it worth to already purchase a replacement one now? How long can these replacement parts be stored?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, OKSun said:

Is the current tech bundle worth it for pro 1 owner?  Do they sell the whole upper part (not only the replacement screen)? Will replacement screen not be available in the future? What about battery: is it worth to already purchase a replacement one now? How long can these replacement parts be stored?

According to the email that I received the repair kit is for Pro1 also. The screen kit looks like to be full assembly with the frame but I think that it is blue color. USB charging board would have been a good addition. Then I would back it immediately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

On this special kit, I would rather have had a kit with Battery + USB PCB + a keyboard foil + Keyboard of the users choice.

The screen is (still) really easy to find on-line.

I want a perk with just the keyboard of choice so I can get two of them at a cheaper price. Spare screen assembly is much nicer than just the panel. I have stocked up two spare panels but I have to say I'm not looking forward to attempting such a repair.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Slion said:

I have stocked up two spare panels but I have to say I'm not looking forward to attempting such a repair.

I have also stocked up some panels but I had to replace my original panel because of ghost touches.
However, my replaced panel (bought at Ali) has some missing curve at one of the corners and that is why I have ordered another displays.

When also the last one will arrive, I plan to test them and replace it with a 100% perfect one if there is any, it is not a really hard task anyway.

The replacement keyboard is a good idea plus also the battery and USB panel are good ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have also bought replacement screen panel for 50$ from Aliexpress but I would prefer official screen replacement assembly with frame if the price is not too high. Previously you have been able to buy screen replacement assembly from F(x)tec (if they have stock) for 150£ (or ~200$).

F(x)tec is now offering special kit with battery for the same price. However, I still think that the price is too much since you can buy the screen panel elsewhere. With the USB charging board the kit would be much more attractive.

I would like replacement keyboard also but I think that it could affect to the Pro1-X sales. The only reason why I have backed Pro1-X is the Scandinavian keyboard layout. I don't need 8Gb RAM or 256Gb storage. It just was the cheapest option for me during backing at Indiegogo.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

I have also bought replacement screen panel for 50$ from Aliexpress but I would prefer official screen replacement assembly with frame if the price is not too high. Previously you have been able to buy screen replacement assembly from F(x)tec (if they have stock) for 150£ (or ~200$).

F(x)tec is now offering special kit with battery for the same price. However, I still think that the price is too much since you can buy the screen panel elsewhere. With the USB charging board the kit would be much more attractive.

I would like replacement keyboard also but I think that it could affect to the Pro1-X sales. The only reason why I have backed Pro1-X is the Scandinavian keyboard layout. I don't need 8Gb RAM or 256Gb storage. It just was the cheapest option for me during backing at Indiegogo.

Thanks. I had also understood that this screen assembly is better.  I am still a bit puzzled by this technical bundle offer. I think it should not be considered as an alternative to a repair within reasonable delays during the two years waranty.

Edited by OKSun
52 minutes ago, OKSun said:

Thanks. I had also understood that this screen assembly is better.  I am still a bit puzzled by this technical bundle offer. I think it should not be considered as an alternative to a repair within reasonable delays during the two years guarantee.

I think the Tech Bundle is aimed at non-warranty repairs-- battery reaching EOL and breaking the screen, neither of which would be covered under warranty,  not screen repairs for faulty QC or defect, which would be covered under warranty and they would supply the replacement screen.

• Like 2

I finally decided to buy the tech bundle... I could not reasonably get a second pro1, but want to modestly support fxtec. It would be too bad if they sink now. My pro1 is still in perfect shape, but knowing me, having some spare part is a reasonable anticipation ˆˆ.

It is true it would be even better if the bundle includes some keyboard parts. I know it is quite robust, but these tactile buttons have a life time. I remember my old blackberry Q10 has the "M" button starting failing after 3 years...

Anyway, I let you know how it will going with th bundle.

• Like 4
Just now, internationaltraitor said:

got drunk and slammed by phone against the concrete, on its screen side, not once, not twice, but three times.  phone works great !

I had mine fly off a desk and slam face down on my floor because my foot was apparently around the USB cable, somehow no damage. I also witnessed @mosen drop his Pro1 nearly a meter down onto pavement gaining a minor scratch on the screen, my heart skipped a beat tho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, netman said:

my heart skipped a beat tho

i mean, i slammed the shit out of it... with full force.. not give a flying f*ck.   if it was a rock, it would have shattered into pieces... this thing held up pretty great. no damage, everything works.  damage to the screen yeah, but no dead pixels, or lines or anything like that..   every phone i ever had i slam it and break it against the floor, usually stomp on it too..  been through like 30 phones cause of this bad habit.  i'm definitely buying the pro-1x tech bundle when i get the money for it.

• Like 2

i mean, i slammed the shit out of it... with full force.. not give a flying f*ck.   if it was a rock, it would have shattered into pieces... this thing held up pretty great. no damage, everything works.  damage to the screen yeah, but no dead pixels, or lines or anything like that..   every phone i ever had i slam it and break it against the floor, usually stomp on it too..  been through like 30 phones cause of this bad habit.  i'm definitely buying the pro-1x tech bundle when i get the money for it.

It does sound like you could use some spare screens with such habits 😅. I haven't always treated my phones nicely but much like my n900 back when, I'm very careful and gentle with my Pro1 because I like it a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not sure what happened to mine, i still have it.. but it just, simply broke... i think something just stopped working.  wanna fix it?

Where-ish you at and what'd you want for it? I do love the ole n900, I'm sure many people here do. 

2 minutes ago, internationaltraitor said:

the states,, but i also would want it too lol... was just wondering if you can fix it and i will pay you for the parts and your time and send it back :))  i have an n9 too, that just stopped working,, that i bought earlier this year. made in finland.  maybe its as simple as changing the battery.

Hehehe it's not me that you want then, i'm terrible with small stuff like phones ending up doing stuff like breaking 2 screens to get 1 replaced 😅 Shipping from and to the states would cost a fair bit too.

Edited by netman