Pro1 Just died.

11 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

got an e-mail a couple of days ago. They are in full lockdown.

I can confirm the full lockdown... one of my friends lives in the UK near London and he told me the very same situation.

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy to be back in Pro1 land again 😁 Just setting it up and installing all the apps I had on the last one.

Well, ain't that fine and dandy? My Pro1 has just died☠️😫. There's no life in it whatsoever, doesn't even pick up the charger cable being plugged in. Looks like an email to Support and hope for t

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2559-factory-restore-tool/   Give this a try, might work out for you   //Per

Posted Images

22 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Because of the whole f-ing Brexit I now have to pay additional import fees.

Maybe it would make sense for FxTec to partner with someone in the EU to handle repairs.

4 hours ago, Slion said:

Maybe it would make sense for FxTec to partner with someone in the EU to handle repairs.

...i mean that it will be maybe harder cooperation 😞

@DieBruine

You will not pay any add fees if is phone sent and returned from authorised service 🙂

Edited by CornholioGSM
1 hour ago, CornholioGSM said:

You will not pay any add fees if is phone sent and returned from authorised service 🙂

AFAIK this legal obligation only goes if the vendor acknowledges that something was wrong, and fixed (or replaced) the unit.

...And who knows where we stand with that sort of fineprint after Brexiit??
My GUESS would be that it still holds for buys from before the Brexit, but I could be wrong. They MIGHT now just hold to any address in the UK of our choice....

3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

AFAIK this legal obligation only goes if the vendor acknowledges that something was wrong, and fixed (or replaced) the unit.

...And who knows where we stand with that sort of fineprint after Brexiit??
My GUESS would be that it still holds for buys from before the Brexit, but I could be wrong. They MIGHT now just hold to any address in the UK of our choice....

...correct...if you have invoice for puchase before brexit then all is logically ok.

...with shipping to authorised service is it tested by me many times (from czech to motorola in us)...only one time-when delivery company was fedex was needed to show communication with service

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, CornholioGSM said:

...correct...if you have invoice for puchase before brexit then all is logically ok.

...with shipping to authorised service is it tested by me many times (from czech to motorola in us)...only one time-when delivery company was fedex was needed to show communication with service

Personally I will try to avoid buying anything above the €10 (including shiping) trifles limit from the UK if alternatives exists. I even switched using ebay from .co.uk to .ie

edit

Just found this (in Danish), and though there are two different trifle limits (€10 and £150) it is generally with so many caveats and small prints, that it for an EU consumer has gone from "Why would I not want to buy from Britain?" to "Why on earth would I want to buy from Britain?".... So I guess we are going to see a lot of UK web-shops move their base to (Northern?) Ireland.

• Like 1

Normally if you send back something for a warranty repair or replacement it should not have any extra taxes to pay, anywhere in the world.

That's the theory, now in practice, as an individual, every single shipping carrier refuse packages under this kind of procedure and only accept regular expeditions.

Now, anyway, this is an issue for fxtec, you should not advance any money to send back a device under warranty neither receiving it back. And if you do they have to reimburse you the expenses.

Edited by flx
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, flx said:

Now, anyway, this is an issue for fxtec, you should not advance any money to send back a device under warranty neither receiving it back. And if you do they have to reimburse you the expenses.

At least it was as simple as that before Brexit.

The direct translation of the Danish (official) text goes like this

Customs and VAT
If you need to ship an item for repair in the UK after 2021-01-01, you will only have to pay customs and VAT on the repair costs plus shipping if you ship according to the rules of "outward processing".

If you have not sent the item out under the rules for "outward processing", you must pay customs and VAT on the item when it is returned after repair. This is because the UK is a third country after Brexit.

On "Outward processing", see this.
that among other things have this clause

An authorisation from the customs authorities is required for the use of the outward processing procedure. The competent customs authorities must specify the period within which the outward processing procedure is to be discharged.

....super easy for the consumer..... hmm..... 🤯

Thing is, I wasn't told shit. Their response:

If you can provide UPS with the original shipment invoice when you sent the device to us, they should deduct the import tax. In customs terms, there is no such thing as "repairs", you're basically at their mercy if they process it as such or not. They only deduct this tax if you prove that you shipped it to us a few months back.

Like I kept the shipping documents from September 🥴
. And I've tried communicating with UPS, they won't budge. I don't pay, I don't receive the package...

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Thing is, I wasn't told shit

Yeah pretty crazy to expect that you should have guessed what impact later legislation would require of you to have done.
But that is Brexit legislation for you... A total mess... 😰 At first glance it looks like UPS is following the crazed rules.

First of I'm pretty sure you expected to see your phone(s) back long before the Brexit would take effect. So even if we had known the new legislation I for one would most likely not have done the today needed paperwork. 😓

But it seems there is some exceptions if you can prove that you shipped it before Brexit, as they request prove of that. And it MIGHT suffice if FxTec in writing can attest that they received the repair before, and with originally papers on the order sending it to you outside the UK then it must have been sent to the UK earlier than their reception and hence before Brexit. A lot of paperwork, but might work...,

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, flx said:

UPS doesn't care, they refuse to send package under any return procedure for an individual. 

I'm not sure it is as simple as that,..
I believe that a part of what carriers get paid is a fee to handle this custom stuff, so if they decide to deliver something without proper paperwork, and get caught, they will most likely get a heavy fine, and/or loose a licence to operate.

Hi folks,

My Pro1 is behaving very similarly to what the Op has described. I'll provide further detail:

1. Sat down, installed Majisk update rebooted and phone loaded into lineage.
  2. Was browsing Twitter and I noticed that the images weren't loading.
  3. Screen faded to black and no indication light.
  4. I was fully charged or near enough - I think I was plugged in to the official charger.
  5. I now cannot start the phone at all.
  6. Windows makes a noise when I plugin it into my laptop.
  7. I see the QualComm QD com port appear in device manager

Can I get this back without losing data? What should I try? Please Help! 😱

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

This is why most companies have repair centers in place in different countries.   At the end of the day it costs them more doing it in house as they still have to buy the parts and pay someone to diagnose and fit them and perform quality control.

Corsair I know use a UK computer dealer (had to send PSU in that blew 2 month before warranty ended and they exchanged it for free and it was a better PSU result!)

On 1/25/2021 at 10:01 AM, PokeParadox said:

now to try and bring it back from the brink

...from the brick... FTFY 🤣

That's sort of why I have not tried anything else other than stock. It's not worth bricking the phone.

Edited by Slion

Just an update so you know what to expect MIckH.

UPS refuses to deliver the phone unless I pay up front, which I have done now.
FxTec also repaired the second phone. According to them the camera wasn't connected properly by a robot!? Pretty sure it's manual labour 🤔. They also replaced the screen which was faulty. The screen they sent me and which I replaced the day before. Anyway, the second phone was sent in 3~4 weeks later, and it's repaired 3~4 weeks later. They are consistent, I'll give 'm that.
But, that message was from last Friday. This phone would be shipped via DPD.  As of 5 minutes ago it still needed to be picked up or delivered at a DPD location.

• Like 1
On 1/21/2021 at 8:53 AM, PokeParadox said:

Hi folks,

My Pro1 is behaving very similarly to what the Op has described. I'll provide further detail:

1. Sat down, installed Majisk update rebooted and phone loaded into lineage.
  2. Was browsing Twitter and I noticed that the images weren't loading.
  3. Screen faded to black and no indication light.
  4. I was fully charged or near enough - I think I was plugged in to the official charger.
  5. I now cannot start the phone at all.
  6. Windows makes a noise when I plugin it into my laptop.
  7. I see the QualComm QD com port appear in device manager

Can I get this back without losing data? What should I try? Please Help! 😱

That's more than likely what happened to my Pro1, although I didn't actually see mine fade out as I had put it into my pocket. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Slion said:

...from the brick... FTFY 🤣

That's sort of why I have not tried anything else other than stock. It's not worth bricking the phone.

Honestly, it isn't that easy to brick your phone installing Lineage. What happened to PokeParadox didn't seem to be related to flashing other than by coincidence. Believe me, if flashing were dangerous, my Pro1 would be in London... Oh, wait, nm... 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Hook said:

Honestly, it isn't that easy to brick your phone installing Lineage. What happened to PokeParadox didn't seem to be related to flashing other than by coincidence. Believe me, if flashing were dangerous, my Pro1 would be in London... Oh, wait, nm... 😂

It isn't easy to brick a Pro1 just by software indeed though, you'd really have to be trying.

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Hook said:

Indeed - I was already using Lineage without issue for a good while - long after any flashing took place.

I was browsing Twitter and the screen faded to off. Now I'm stuck in this state. :(

• Like 1
11 hours ago, PokeParadox said:

Indeed - I was already using Lineage without issue for a good while - long after any flashing took place.

I was browsing Twitter and the screen faded to off. Now I'm stuck in this state. :(

My friend was accepting a call, then put the phone down and the next time he wanted to use it, it was dead.
It turned out to be caused by a faulty flash (UFS), such things may happen.

It ran maybe only about 1-2 months... F(x)tec has replaced it and replacement unit is still working.
My unit is more then a year old now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2