Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

On 3/1/2024 at 12:31 PM, zundappchef said:

Dear Community,

I've been pondering a potential solution to the ongoing shipping challenges faced by F(x)tec. What if we came together and initiated a GoFundMe campaign to alleviate the burden of shipping costs for the company? With collective support, we could potentially aid in expediting the delivery process and ensure that backers receive their perks sooner rather than later. Before taking any steps, I'd like to gauge interest and gather feedback. Would anyone be interested in supporting such an endeavor? Your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.

I'd be in, if it'd actually give us a good chance to get us a working device. I've got similar reservations as @EskeRahn and @SchattengestaIt, though. And I fear that, even if there was a real chance for success, as of March 2023 there won't be enough people left (who'd still give a feck) to raise enough funds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Scoopy said:

needing banking apps thus not able to use LineageOS

I have a first gen Pro1 that can do this with Magisk. Was not exactly straight forward to setup though. Also I suppose it may not work for every app out there. It did work for mine.

Edited by Slion
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 4:31 AM, zundappchef said:

GoFundMe campaign to alleviate the burden of shipping costs for the company

wut...  you want to give the scammers more money?

5 months now since their last update.  they don't even respond to this forum anymore. Casey is absent for like 6 months. It's clearly not a shipping issue at this point...

image.png.801a69d33de27e210255e5f52f4fb5ef.png

image.png.c579c3eaa41ac7bf268f5367c37bc2c5.png

Screenshot_20240330_163306.png.aeaf2f6dfcb6247cad2261261ea5ae0f.png

I truly don't understand how some people are still defending fxtrash after years of bs. I wouldn't be surprised if this forum silently disappears one night to save on server costs. This forum is basically nothing but bad PR filled with complaints.

Even if this it shows up it will maybe barely work for a couple years. There's no way this will have extended security patches. The community likely isn't big enough to maintain itself, because for starters that would require devices to actually, you know, be shipped out so we can develop and use them.image.png.a7f3349b3128ea24e1807688a4011c61.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems not even XDA cares about their own "official" phone given their lack of involvement or statement on the matter.

Scam or not, the sad truth is this device is not worth the sand it's printed on... A waste of rare earth metals; near-obsolete e-waste out of the box.

My CC denied refund because "too long ago".... oh how convenient for the payment processors...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11602958/officers

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/misleading-advertising.html

https://www.gov.uk/complain-company

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/externalonlineforms/CompanyComplaint.aspx

ps: pro1x still in Indiegogo “Team Favorites” category despite being called out in emails to IGG multiple times by multiple people… which goes to show that IGG are complicit and their favorite projects are one that don't deliver.

Edited by phukfxtec
10 hours ago, phukfxtec said:

It seems not even XDA cares about their own "official" phone given their lack of involvement or statement on the matter.

I think that XDA does not care about phones anymore in general. Their front page mostly covers computer things nowadays and only occasionally some iPhone news. The topic section does include anything related to Android phones.

505286920_Screenshot_20240331-114231_Kiwi_Browser(1).thumb.jpg.623a46b4787d08b9ca9f05c99e201233.jpg

Also, some folks at XDA were not very excited about Pro1-X in the first place. There was an article about it but I cannot find it anymore. Nirave Gondhia was mostly involved in the project but has probably left XDA since then.

I think that F(x)tec was doing some what okay before Covid. When they had to change the chip from SD835 to SD662 on Pro1-X it was the end. Too much to develop from scratch again. After that things went wrong...

• Like 3

well thats sad.... It is only because of XDA that I felt comfortable backing in the first place.

fxtrash still list the SD835 on their sales page, despite being called out multiple times by multiple people. literally false advertising -> illegal

Edited by phukfxtec
1 hour ago, Scoopy said:

You guys know about Clicks Technologies?

Yes, discussions both here and in Discord.

Screenshot_20240405_191544.png.1a5e169079b90878743de4eead1de41f.png

How can this be this true? They've done nothing for 5 months and just waiting for 50%? endless lies... this is truly absurd at this point. Just start shipping what you can, my address has not changed, this is bs.

JUST SHIP MY FUCKING PHONE ALREADY.

Edited by phukfxtec
On 10/5/2023 at 12:11 PM, Casey said:

I estimate devices should start shipping in the next two weeks in batches.

The next two weeks huh, yet not a single device has shipped since because now your "waiting for 50%"... well which is it liars?

Edited by phukfxtec
trying to dial back my anger
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, phukfxtec said:

How can this be this true? They've done nothing for 5 months and just waiting for 50%?

Of course it could be subterfuge, and such an assumption is perfectly understandable after all that's happened. But it could also be true. They don't have personnel in China available 24x7 for them to handle their shipments. I suppose the real fees for them are per batch shipped. So, with their financial capacity seemingly reduced to near zero, they need to ultimately reduce the number of batches in which they get shipped, and they also need to reduce number of undeliverable returns, as any such return will generate more costs.

Still, personally, I haven't seen any official calls to "confirm addresses", and I don't see in which form they expect that to happen. I didn't move, so there shouldn't be anything to do?

Anyway, as of now, I suppose anyone who hasn't got their phone yet will see it as an unexpectedly lucky thing to happen if they should get it at all. 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
20 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Still, personally, I haven't seen any official calls to "confirm addresses", and I don't see in which form they expect that to happen. I didn't move, so there shouldn't be anything to do?

The fact that they wont even put out a simple statement saying "hey we're confirming addresses" on their page or they cant even do the bare minimum of log in to respond to this forum. Like is there anyone even working there anymore?

Edited by phukfxtec
3 hours ago, phukfxtec said:

The fact that they wont even put out a simple statement saying "hey we're confirming addresses" on their page or they cant even do the bare minimum of log in to respond to this forum. Like is there anyone even working there anymore?

Yes, I agree. The fact that their communication was inadequate and erratic even in the best phases runs through the company's history. All we know is that sometimes someone will still answer questions directed to their support (which must clearly be read as noncommital even if they seem to promise something to happen "in one or two weeks" or something like that).

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Apr 23, 2024 • 1:48PM
25 minutes ago
Resuming Shipments & Perk Confirmation

Dear Backers,

First and foremost, we extend our apologies for the delay in updating you. We have been diligently working behind the scenes to move our Pro1 X stock from our previous logistics provider to a new one, ensuring reliable storage and fulfillment of our devices, which we are pleased to announce is now secured. This previous logistics provider took some of our stock without agreement, sold it onwards to their retailers, then 9 months later, went out of business. 

Our team has already initiated contact with several of you, to confirm the specific models and keyboard layouts we currently have available for shipping. This proactive outreach is part of our commitment to fulfilling your orders as efficiently as possible. Over the next few weeks, we will continue to contact our backers to finalise these details. The form will request your current shipping address and confirm any preferences for keyboard layouts or device colours you may have.

We are excited to inform you that we expect to restart shipping before the 28th of June, pending your completion of the form. This will cover approximately 3/4 of all our backers. We will continue our efforts to reach out to the remaining backers shortly thereafter.

Please keep an eye on your inbox for our communication, and do not hesitate to reach out at [email protected] if you have any questions or require further assistance in the meantime.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Team Fxtec

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

All they are saying is that we should wait a bit more. Let's wait another two two whole months to hear new excuses.

Phones got stolen and sold over other platforms? Sure. But nobody told us when we got angry about all those phones getting sold while we already paid them?

Those 3/4... how would we check that number?
Also, what about those regular orders over the shop page?

I asked for a refund two months ago since I personally need the money this year. I was told almost immediately that my refund request is being processes. Nothing happened. I asked again, same message. It's like submitting a request into a trash can. I'm happy with my self-built phone and I had a lot of fun with my used Pro1.
But it's sad that I'll have to take legal actions to reclaim my money that I borrowed them for three years. I'm coming to a point where I would suggest everybody to reclaim their money if they paid via credit card, even if I'll lose money if they go bankrupt (if they didn't already).

If they really had spare phones, they could still sell them afterwards. But they'll probably complete 10-20% of the remaining orders and then claim bankrupcy. The forum is already closed for the public.

• Sad 3
47 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

...I must admit I had given up all hope. and "3/4" sounds a lot better than what I had feared.

Yeah, I was also surprised. I am wondering if the 3/4 is the total shipments so far when this batch is delivered? Or does 3/4 mean directly this batch? Then the total shipments would be even more since some devices were delivered earlier.

In the big picture it does not matter but would be interesting to know.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Nikolai said:

OK, 3/4 of backers, but what about people who ordered from the website and got upgraded to Pro1x? Do they get a survey too?

I don't really know, but I would assume that normal orders are included in that 3/4.

Not once did they ever mentioned website orderers anywhere, not even when asking them specifically about website orders, and only mentioned "backers" in their replies.

Therefore, I can't reasonably assume anything else than that website orderers are f*cked.

• Like 1

Yesterday, researching their adress, I've found this:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11602958/filing-history

In the last reports, I find these numbers:

2020:
Debtors: 170k
Cash at bank account and in hand: 290k

2021:
Debtors: 5.6M
Cash at bank account and in hand: 9.3M

2022:
Debtors: 2.3M
Cash at bank account and in hand: 100k

How should we interpret these numbers? Are we debtors? Or are there other investors which helped starting the production lines and are yet to be paid?

Edited by SchattengestaIt
  • Like 1

BTW, the status of the Indiegogo campaign is now closed instead of in demand. Is was still open 19th of April and maybe even yesterday if I remember correctly.

Cache of the webpage:

142077151_Screenshot_20240424-111029_Chrome(1)_1_1.thumb.jpg.69bf23232fbf381452509aa8fc79ada2.jpg

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:
23 hours ago, Nikolai said:

OK, 3/4 of backers, but what about people who ordered from the website and got upgraded to Pro1x? Do they get a survey too?

I don't really know, but I would assume that normal orders are included in that 3/4.

Just for the record, my outstanding device is a website order, but for quite some time now I'm getting their Indiegogo updates by e-mail. 

(I used to get them earlier for a second – IGG – order, but initially they stopped coming after that phone was actually delivered.)

• Thanks 1

So I'm a lucky within the ⅓ they delivered?

Also, how unlucky can a company get with all of what happened wow...

1. Pandemic out of nowhere (cannot travel to China)
  2. Stolen money for the SoC (which is about half the price of the phone)
  3. Need to buy new SoC but completely screwed about its functionalities (China: The land of smokes and mirrors) and Chen couldn't be there to experience himself because air-traveling was restricted
  4. Then delivery company starts delivering some phones and selling some of the stock itself. -> Change of company
  5. Then the logistics of moving the stock to another delivery company
  6. Then (new) delivery company starts delivering some phones and selling some of the stock right before it goes bust -> Change of company
  7. (we are here now)

What a shitshow.

I still wonder if it was worthwhile to have production of the phones in China...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 4/25/2024 at 1:45 AM, brunoais said:

So I'm a lucky within the ⅓ they delivered?

Also, how unlucky can a company get with all of what happened wow...

1. Pandemic out of nowhere (cannot travel to China)
  2. Stolen money for the SoC (which is about half the price of the phone)
  3. Need to buy new SoC but completely screwed about its functionalities (China: The land of smokes and mirrors) and Chen couldn't be there to experience himself because air-traveling was restricted
  4. Then delivery company starts delivering some phones and selling some of the stock itself. -> Change of company
  5. Then the logistics of moving the stock to another delivery company
  6. Then (new) delivery company starts delivering some phones and selling some of the stock right before it goes bust -> Change of company
  7. (we are here now)

What a shitshow.

I still wonder if it was worthwhile to have production of the phones in China...

IF that all was true (which might or not be the case), the reason mainly lies in the size of the company. The smaller you are, the less leverage you have and the worse your conditions for production are. You will also get screwed over in other countries and there are many trustworthy sellers and fabrics in China as well.

FxTec had to go for cheap solutions and some solutions might have been too cheap. But (another time assuming they always said the truth) it was always badly organized. There should always be money for a couple of people controlling the processes. At least when they steal your stuff you should start investing in security.

But I don't think they are saying the truth in a couple of events. Why do I think that?
- The time stamps don't add up. Once we are told shipping starts in a few weeks, a month later they tell us that production is starting and it seems to go well.
- We never got answers to essential questions, nor we got actual numbers (i.e. 450 qwertz phones left / we are currently at order # xyz).
- Everyone who tried to refund had to wait months for it, often only getting refunds via public pressure over the forums.
- The communication is reduced continuously, just remember how communicative FxTec was in the designing process. The forum was already removed from the public.

Obviously, some stuff went wrong and Covid was their death sentence. But I'd always prefer clear communication over ... whatever this is.

My guess is that they don't have enough devices to deliver and while they might have materials to build a few more, it won't be enough for everyone.
My hope is that they try to find a solution with different chips or a Pro2 and they try to design the phone meanwhile to not let the FxTec die.
My fear is that they try to prevent legal actions as long as possible to savely gather the remaining money and flee from the scene.

• Thanks 1