Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

Okay I agree with @Hook, I had my fun, but now it just starts to get personal. I would advise all of us, to not continue that. Else outsiders may indeed see a fanboy vs critic fight here (even though it is soooo stupid, it is hard to get that one wrong).

Time to move on and think about dealing with him in other ways. I would advise the following steps:

1. Not getting personal at all anymore, just correct his wrong facts.
2. Remove personal insults from him if needed, but leave his "facts".
3. Ignore everything else.

So he can still submit any criticism to the phone, he can't say he got censored, but this won't blow up into a bunch of angry people.

• Like 5
  • Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Hook said:

Really folks, the ignore function works really nicely with trolls. Also, feel free to not quote him when replying. Your comments need no reply context in this case. 😄

That's better. 

Thanks Hook

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well I got it from Expansys, and has added voting options here... 45% surcharges, €530 in total.

Here in the US, $338 for phone plus $15 shipping.  No any other fees, even after my uncharacteristic paperwork snafu with customs. 😉  It has already been sent off to my friend.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Hook said:

Here in the US, $338 for phone plus $15 shipping.  No any other fees, even after my uncharacteristic paperwork snafu with customs. 😉  It has already been sent off to my friend.

Thank you, Hook!  That's the confirmation I needed to pull the trigger, myself.  FX-Tec has until I have my half-price phone in my hands before I cancel my pre-order.  After all this time things might work out well for me after all!  A year and a half wait for half off...  I've done worse for less!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MrPib said:

YIKES!!!  Who hits you up for that?  Expansys or the shipper?

Both, HK$2649 for the Pro1X, HK$450 charged by expensys for shipping to other than US and China, and €102 in customs and fees collected by the shipper...
At the least they did not declare the exorbitant shipping, so I was not slapped customs&tax on top of that....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Both, HK$2649 for the Pro1X, HK$450 charged by expensys for shipping to other than US and China, and €102 in customs and fees collected by the shipper...
At the least they did not declare the exorbitant shipping, so I was not slapped customs&tax on top of that....

I got my costums and tax bill up front €111,00

Hkd 2769 for the phone and 550 extra for shipping outside of region.

Edited by Stucadoor2
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Stucadoor2 said:

I got my costums and tax bill up front €111,00

Hkd 2769 for the phone and 550 extra for shipping outside of region.

Even more expensive shipping and customs than mine, though in the same ball park.

10 minutes ago, raymo said:

I have not understand all things here, but should it means that indiegogo perks are money lost ?
Or should I expect a new pro1-x in 2023 ? (...wich would be ok for me)

You're not alone - no-one knows what's going on!

The last update didn't say the stock was stolen so we have to assume Expansys bought some to sell and our phones are sitting on a pallet waiting for December when the faries are going to start shipping them.

Edited by suicidal_orange
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

You're not alone - no-one knows what's going on!

The last update didn't say the stock was stolen so we have to assume Expansys bought some to sell and our phones are sitting on a pallet waiting for December when the faries are going to start shipping them.

It may also happen Expansys bought some of them and as they were the shipping company and they have received these phones, they have started to sell out them while F(x)tec tried to negotiate the shipping of the rest.

...or there is really a grey / legal way for Expansys to sell out devices supposed to go for IGG backers (and existence of this possibility was unknown for F(x)tec or it was discussed prior sending devices for shipping) and that case a really long time for finding a solution may also be an initiation of a new manufacturing run by F(x)tec of these orders... and they may thought an earlier possible solution would be based on a compromise like buying all devices from Expansys at a "discounted price" then initiate a shipping of them again.

As Expansys sells these devices at a lower price, I may assume these devices are sold close to its price they paid to F(x)tec or they are really selling devices they had to deliver instead of selling.

The above are only assumptions and opinions as there is no official or unofficial information known.

• Thanks 3

That was quick. Got my Expansys order yesterday (Pro1 X blue 8/256 GB QWERTY), switched it on and off again without going through the install. Looks good! Can't say when I will have time to do something with it, though.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Haven't unboxed yet, so let's see this was worth it ...

Mine looks fine too. Only issue I found so far is the known problem with the right speaker making just clicking noise at lower amplitudes ... let's see how that will evolve in my case ...

Expansys even included a separate travel adapter for German AC wall sockets -- probably not knowing that the bundled charger from F(x)tec already includes a euro-type adapter plug (among others). Funny, but it also shows that they are somewhat serious about customer experience.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
On 10/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, EskeRahn said:

(got it, €102 in customs, on top of the €428 incl shipping, so €530 in total)

Hmm... My total was 406.33 € (from HK$3099 incl. shipping, payed by credit card) + 8.09 € (VISA foreign currency surcharge) + 79.61 € (customs/import duties) = 494,03 €.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Hmm... My total was 406.33 € (from HK$3099 incl. shipping, payed by credit card) + 8.09 € (VISA foreign currency surcharge) + 79.61 € (customs/import duties) = 494,03 €.

Pretty much the same, Denmark has higher VAT than most with 25% though

• Thanks 1

Another update of Pro1X here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Oct 24, 2022 • 5:52PM
27 minutes ago
Pro1-X Update - October

xn2wo73wezgoimkxpbaz.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

We are aware that some of our backers have expressed concerns about Expansys listing Pro1-X's on their website, and we want to reassure you that no IGG and website orders have been compromised.

Before our mass manufacturing phase, Expansys had pre-ordered a small batch of units from us. Considering Expansys is our long-term business partner and a well-established D2C electronics retailer, we agreed to manufacture and sell an additional number of units outside of our contractual shipping and distribution arrangement.

We understand that this is not ideal whilst we work to resume shipping, but we'd like to clarify that these units are not related to our IGG and website orders.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at info at fxtec.com.

Team Fxtec

• Thanks 2

i see everyone being angry
and maybe rightfully so . but i might not be the most positive looking individual in this whole process of getting a phone
( actualy 2 )
but to me it seems that they are running out of money and need to liquify some of their assets in order to stay in business 
easiest way is to sell these phones to someone who can sell them and ship them 
still wondering what the shipping delays are , still seems strange to have to wait for that long in order to get it going again 
i know shipping is difficult everywhere currently , but i ordered plenty of stuff from china , india .USA and Kirgizstan lately and have recieved it all within 2 weeks  
different websites as wel . what might have happened with the shipping is that there was a contract to ship it all but that contract cannot be uphold because of a change in cost of shipping 

its all speculation !
maybe its time for FX to ask Expansys  for help with shipping 
then again best way for them to stay in business is to start development on a new phone already since it takes so long for them to develop and ship one anyway 

17 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Another update of Pro1X here:

At the least it means that my nasty and rather paranoid theories can be put to rest....

The only bad thing here seems to be that the contract FxTec made with Expansys did not have a clause saying that Expansys could not put theirs up for sale, before they had packed and shipped those intended for Pre-orders and Backers.

That Expansys might have lost faith in the product and is selling them cheaper than even the Super Early Bird devices, obviously just add to the frustration. And there clearly is a risk of some regretting orders, and thus draining capital from FxTec. Let us hope the Expansys batch is very small, and that some use the opportunity to get a second Pro1X.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, zundappchef said:

maybe its time for FX to ask Expansys  for help with shipping 

Expansys has been their shipping partner since 2019.  The problem isn't shipping-- when Batch 1 and 2 ship, people will get their phones quickly (2 day air once FedEx picks up, same as Expansys orders).  The problem is something about their contract with Expansys which has to be resolved.  Expansys themselves have no such obstacle.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Let us hope the Expansys batch is very small, and that some use the opportunity to get a second Pro1X.

I don't want a second one but could buy on Expansys to actually get one this year if I could be assured of selling the IGG one later, but as always the update is vague - what is a "small" batch when it comes to complex manufacturing? The entire 2500 phones needed for IGG and outstanding website orders was already small enough to struggle to find anyone to bother making it, surely they'd need to round it up to 3000+ which puts the Expansys bit at nearly 17% of the total devices.  That's a flooded market...

Edited by suicidal_orange