Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

2 hours ago, Name_not_avail said:

Nope, apparently not an option with this sim card.

Interesting.

However, considering that you use a separate SIM card from the local provider, you could also ask the service provider to disable VoLTE for your SIM card in their HLR (OK, I know it isn't called HLR in 4G any longer, but it's still the same thing 😉 ). You'll probably need to be a little assertive and persist on getting your case passed from the call center agent to the technicians, because the call center agent may not even know that such disabling might be possible and the technicians could do it, but it's worth trying...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

18 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Just received my engraved Pro1X. A bit surprised it's running stock. but hey. At least I have my phone!

Many months ago (August?) they gave up on the idea of shipping with alternate OSes, to mass complaints.  As long as they don't come with flat batteries having sat in the warehouse for months I'll be happy and as you know what it runs it seems they do 😃

• Thanks 1

Android 11, security patch June 1st 2022.

I have been busy installing, configuring and using it today. So far so good. I find it difficult to use the spacebar with my left thumb. The left half of the spacebar is flatter than the rest. And wile typing this the 'g'-dome just came off 🤬 you have got to be kidding me.
The notification LED does not work and the fingerprint scanner unlocking mechanism only started working after my first reboot. I haven't restarted the phone a second time. Tomorrow I will continue testing it. That missing g-dome is f-ing annoying!!! Oh and when the keyboard is set to US-int, the ? goes to | and | just disapears off the board.
i'm happy to receive my Pro1x. But for now this keyboard sucks!

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

Android 11, security patch June 1st 2022.

I have been busy installing, configuring and using it today. So far so good. I find it difficult to use the spacebar with my left thumb. The left half of the spacebar is flatter than the rest. And wile typing this the 'g'-dome just came off 🤬 you have got to be kidding me.
The notification LED does not work and the fingerprint scanner unlocking mechanism only started working after my first reboot. I haven't restarted the phone a second time. Tomorrow I will continue testing it. That missing g-dome is f-ing annoying!!! Oh and when the keyboard is set to US-int, the ? goes to | and | just disapears off the board.
i'm happy to receive my Pro1x. But for now this keyboard sucks!

No data dropping issues on LTE?

A question for those who have received their Pro1-X's.  Did you get an email from F(x)tec?  From the shipping company?  Fedex?

I'm signed up for messages from Fedex for pending deliveries so I'm kind of expecting that to be my first info that it's on the way, but it'd be nice to look for others in case it gets tossed to spam.

• Thanks 1

I got a shipping announcement from FedEx with tracking number, naming Fx Technology Limited as the sender.

Depending on where you live, be prepared for having to pay income duties in cash (and when you pay, make sure you get a receipt, as there have been several reports that FedEx never knew about such a cash payment and tried to collect the money a second time, sometimes through third-party debt collectors).

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Depending on where you live, be prepared for having to pay income duties in cash (and when you pay, make sure you get a receipt, as there have been several reports that FedEx never knew about such a cash payment and tried to collect the money a second time, sometimes through third-party debt collectors).

Yes, they have collected TAX/VAT from me in cash (the same as was mentioned in VAT-handling paper I had to fill for them), then they have tried to get me pay again electronically and still it seems like if I was speaking with robots.
Local colleagues promise of forwarding the problem to the center (another country), then calling me back where the latter never happens, instead, I am receiving a "we have not found your payment"-like e-mails which I write a reply usually in 1-2 hours but never receiving any follow-ups.

Be aware with FedEx and do not give them money without receipt as it seems they have an unfair policy.

• Thanks 1
On 12/28/2022 at 11:52 PM, PoongZY said:

No data dropping issues on LTE?

Yesterday the phone died one me without me noticing it. My mom ended up in a hospital without me knowing it. I would have noticed something was wrong with my phone sooner if it had a working notification LED! Just crashed and hung on me. Had to reset it to get back to life
Today is my first day out of the house. I am trying to get my mom back to the country (in a hospital on holiday), so I need to place a few phonecalls. I can't even get a connection. The one time I had coverage, the I couldn't hear a thing after 10 seconds. Now I am unable to place a new call.

This phone sucks. For real. It's a genuine piece of shit. And that's coming from someone who bought 4 OG's. I hope this is a software issue and LoS 20 gets released soon. As it stands now, a Pro1x iss useless in NL on ALL networks!

52 minutes later, two providers on completely different networks. absolutely worthless connection. And data connection!? What good is service when there is no data transfer!?

Edited by DieBruine
  • Sad 6
18 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Yesterday the phone died one me without me noticing it. My mom ended up in a hospital without me knowing it. I would have noticed something was wrong with my phone sooner if it had a working notification LED! Just crashed and hung on me. Had to reset it to get back to life
Today is my first day out of the house. I am trying to get my mom back to the country (in a hospital on holiday), so I need to place a few phonecalls. I can't even get a connection. The one time I had coverage, the I couldn't hear a thing after 10 seconds. Now I am unable to place a new call.

This phone sucks. For real. It's a genuine piece of shit. And that's coming from someone who bought 4 OG's. I hope this is a software issue and LoS 20 gets released soon. As it stands now, a Pro1x iss useless in NL on ALL networks!

52 minutes later, two providers on completely different networks. absolutely worthless connection. And data connection!? What good is service when there is no data transfer!?

I hope your mother is doing well.  Also I'm sorry your phone died during your situation.  I ended up selling my pro 1x because I couldn't even get it to be reliable at all with 3 different types of cellular connections (Verizon, T-mobile and Mint mobile). After selling it, I ended up purchasing my first iPhone with the money I got from the sale.  Why have pro 1x if it's unreliable especially when you need it during an emergency.  

Edited by Mysti-Que2020
  • Sad 1
On 12/28/2022 at 12:42 PM, suicidal_orange said:

As long as they don't come with flat batteries having sat in the warehouse for months I'll be happy and as you know what it runs it seems they do 😃

Months? You can say years. It's been almost three years since I ordered mine and it's still on processing 😂

I'm sure it'll take another year before I see any change in that status too, but I'm still somehow hopeful.

On 1/2/2023 at 4:36 PM, DieBruine said:

I hope your mum doing well. I also noticed the phone will die silently when it doesn't get screen wake.

• Sad 1

Thanks. She was operated yesterday after paying 11k in the hospital. Pretty sure she's never visiting India again.

As for the phone, using it to chat@home. But that's it. A shame really. Fingerprint reader works better than Pro1 and the camera also works better. A shame USB C video out is not working. And it takes some getting used to with the shifted keyboard. But again, what good is a phone can't phone 🙃

• Sad 1
38 minutes ago, zundappchef said:

another month or so has gone by since my last post and still no phone  
i see some others are receiving devices so was wondering 

Indeed frustration. The newest we know is this, that @Scoopy quoted on IGG

We are currently shipping at the moment but we can’t guarantee all orders will be shipped before CNY

29 minutes ago, Stucadoor2 said:

Got an email yesterday from Expansys, in which they advertise the pro1x..

Like they're selling the next batch.

I got it too.  I don't think it is any different than what Amazon or AlieExpress does.  You look at or buy something suddenly you get an email offering the thing you looked at or bought.  😉

31 minutes ago, Hook said:

I got it too.  I don't think it is any different than what Amazon or AlieExpress does.  You look at or buy something suddenly you get an email offering the thing you looked at or bought.  😉

I know, but it's kinda cringe waiting 3 years for a phone you've already paid for and bought half price from a retailer who's also in charge of shipping what you were told to receive 6 weeks after buying.

Here is the latest update from F(x)tec:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Jan 16, 2023 • 12:30PM
2 hours ago
Pro1-X - January Update

eiibjiisxixydvdskc2w.jpg

Happy New Year Pro1-X backers!

Firstly, we would like to start by thanking you all for your continued support and patience. We hope everyone had a lovely holiday last month.

Shipping updates:

We are now resuming shipments for the Pro1-X! As mentioned in our last update, we will be shipping units in small numbers first due to logistical issues affecting mass shipments in China and Hong Kong. Please note, as Chinese New Year is just around the corner, we expect shipments to be halted/delayed during this period. For backers who will receive tracking information just before the holiday, please keep a close eye on your shipment and contact the courier if it’s delayed. 

OS Developments:

Our development team is working hard on the high-priority issues in our stock OS addressed in the previous update. Unfortunately, we don’t have a concrete update for you all just yet, but will continue to push forward as we understand it is affecting UX. 

The community developers for Ubuntu Touch OS and LineageOS on the other hand have made some exciting progress in the last month. Ubuntu Touch OS for Pro1-X have now got stable OTA channels on UBPorts and will follow Ubuntu Touch release cycles. The community developers are also preparing the configurations for UBPorts Installer which will aid the installation process.

LineageOS 20 is now able to boot up on a Pro1-X with Android 13! A big thank you to all the community developers who made this happen! With this milestone achieved, they will move forward to fine-tuning and testing the software in the coming months. We’re pleased to share some photos of LineageOS on the Pro1-X:

phjpzstdc3upieppctcx.jpg

im2ccoayv9jzlje1cxrz.jpg

ruxjdwhv9sy5b2umkslk.jpg

ipijsya5gomldzo1kbx1.jpg

p8tsobntum6o1cgz8l5f.jpg

Don't forget to share your Pro1-X pics with us as they start to arrive, and tag us (@thefxtec) so that we can see them! 

Feel free to reach us at info at fxtec.com for any additional questions related to your order, shipping, delivery, or technical support.

Thank you again for your commitment and patience! 

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Thanks 3