Jump to content

Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, xhajt03 said:

Yep, that's what I meant.

IF this is the case, The few they actually sent, could be covered by the value of one or two devices.... And if they had continued the shipping of both batch 1 and 2, and 'appropriated' say one of ten, it might still make sense. But grabbing the whole batch 2, and a large part of batch 1 sounds like theft - I hope I'm wrong obviously.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another, less ominous explanation,,, (though I hope Fxtec will let us know) is that Expansys had ordered some for themselves that were manufactured at the same time as batches 1 and 2.  Those are not affected by problems in the shipping contract.  Those went to Expansys Sales, and Expansys ships them for themselves, not Fxtec.  Expansys may have remaindered them because of lowered specs, which looks bad but isn't crooked.  They didn't have to pay for R&D.

People on Discord have ordered and received.  FxTec has acknowledged them and say they will be covered by FxTec for warranty.

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying a few of the regions available at expansys, the number of devices available of each type vary quite a bit. So if these numbers are real, it must be interpreted as they are distributed to these regions already. e.g. UAE got "10+" listed on one of the variants an hour ago, and now says "5"....

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hook said:

Another, less ominous explanation,,, (though I hope Fxtec will let us know) is that Expansys had ordered some for themselves that were manufactured at the same time as batches 1 and 2. 

A variant of that theory could be: Expansys ordered some also, and grabbed them from the devices already allocated to others in batch 1 and 2.... FxTec confirmed that my super early bird order (No. in the first half score) was allocated, and was in batch 1.
Slightly less bad theory than the outright theft theory...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hook said:

Another, less ominous explanation,,, (though I hope Fxtec will let us know) is that Expansys had ordered some for themselves that were manufactured at the same time as batches 1 and 2.  Those are not affected by problems in the shipping contract.  Those went to Expansys Sales, and Expansys ships them for themselves, not Fxtec.  Expansys may have remaindered them because of lowered specs, which looks bad but isn't crooked.  They didn't have to pay for R&D.

IMHO, the R&D argument doesn't make much sense in case of Expansys buying the devices from FxTec (unlike from the other scenario 😕 ) - obviously, FxTec might give them some discount, but they (FxTec) would still need to cover the R&D costs through devices sold via wholesale.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xhajt03 said:

IMHO, the R&D argument doesn't make much sense in case of Expansys buying the devices from FxTec (unlike from the other scenario 😕 ) - obviously, FxTec might give them some discount, but they (FxTec) would still need to cover the R&D costs through devices sold via wholesale.

Well if we try to give expansys the benefit of the doubt, they might have made a huge order, and got a substantial discount. AND they might be afraid that they are not able to sell all to full price, and hence selling them very discounted to cover their losses. A rather improbable -though not completely impossible- theory....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered one yesterday, as shown below.  My credit card immediately got charged $294.54 USD.  When I ordered, the site said "10+ in stock".

last night I got an email requiring me to confirm the terms & conditions.   The first item was:

1. our warranty term handle by Hong Kong, you may need your way return the product to us for warranty claim

So I figure it's likely a gray market item, meaning I only get a 6-month Expansys warranty, and not a 2-year FxTec one.

I replied to the email, accepting the terms, and got a shipping confirmation a few hours later (FedEx).

I have a completely baseless theory:  Perhaps the crappy cell/wifi/GPS signal issue is a hardware bug, and FxTec is dumping them via Expansys -- without having to cover them under an FxTec warranty. 

Anyway I was willing to chance it for 3 bills.

f1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrPib said:

I have a completely baseless theory:  Perhaps the crappy cell/wifi/GPS signal issue is a hardware bug, and FxTec is dumping them via Expansys -- without having to cover them under an FxTec warranty.

 

As I stated above, Fxtec has alredy stated in Discord that the Expansys  units will have full warranty from Fxec (which is one year for the Pro1x, not 2 years).

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hook said:

As I stated above, Fxtec has alredy stated in Discord that the Expansys  units will have full warranty from Fxec (which is one year for the Pro1x, not 2 years).

Thanks -- that's certainly good news!  I was going by the Expansys email, which may have been generic.

What Discord channel are you referring to?

EDIT:  Never mind -- found it.

Edited by MrPib
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

There seem to be substantial price differences depending on where you are. Ordered one, too... Free shipping for me to Germany, though!

I was poking around the Discord channel, and apparently the price bounces around between HK2198 and HK2649.  And earlier this month only the blue one had the cheaper price, but when I ordered yesterday only the black one did.

EDIT:  Just to clarify, I'm talking about the 8/256 price.

Edited by MrPib
clarification
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MrPib said:

I was poking around the Discord channel, and apparently the price bounces around between HK2198 and HK2649.  And earlier this month only the blue one had the cheaper price, but when I ordered yesterday only the black one did.

Note that they got both 6/128 and 8/256 listed. That can explain some of the difference.
Sorry misread, both the ones mentioned were 8/256

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered the fxtec pro1 on March17th 2021. 

Has anyone actually received their order of the fxtec pro1?

If so, can someone post a photo of the phone they have received.

Has this all just been a scam?

Looking at the accounts

FX TECHNOLOGY LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11602958/filing-history/MzM1MzcwMzUzNmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

 

Edited by fedup
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fedup said:

Has anyone actually received their order of the fxtec pro1?

If so, can someone post a photo of the phone they have received.

Has this all just been a scam?

 

Plenty of people to have their devices, and plenty of photos of them have been posted, including in many of the threads you're spamming with your complaints.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fedup said:

The Pro 1 X was announced on 27th October 2020  Announcement

I ordered March 2021.

What I would like to know is how many people have received their order that were within "Batch 1" ?

Is this for real?

The sequence in which orders so far were shipped has not been what it should have been (and what Fxtec expected it to be, according to the info I got, and it seems that things have not been going smoothly between Fxtec and the shipping company). I had two open orders, one Oct 2020 IGG order and one unfulfilled Pro1 (no X) order from Sept 2019 that was changed to Pro1 X in the meantime. I have received the Oct 2020 IGG order, but not yet the Sept 2019 order. 

The offer you've linked to looks perfectly real, but don't expect it to stay at that price 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fedup said:

Has this all just been a scam?

You spammed all over the place, and I marked it all as spam. Unmarked a few and moved them in here....

You are NOT alone in waiting I for one am waiting too (despite being among the first to take a perk, and should have had it delivered as part of Batch 1),

If you made a normal order on their website, you can cancel in accordance with normal consumer rights. But if you (Like I) have made an investment in a Perk on IGG, all you can do is wait and hope that we get something in the end. But as with all investments there is always the risk of loosing the invested money.

I got an 'early sample' of the Pro1X sent from London, so I at the least can try things out, to help people.

The best source for info on what is going on, currently is the updates on IGG, and yes it has been an almost cursed project, starting with them being swindled on the original chips, then covid19, then transportation issue, And now some further issues with the ones that were supposed to send them (we know no details on what it is all about, except "some contractual issues that have come up with our shipping partners in Hong Kong" what ever that means...).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

You spammed all over the place, and I marked it all as spam. Unmarked a few and moved them in here....

You are NOT alone in waiting I for one am waiting too (despite being among the first to take a perk, and should have had it delivered as part of Batch 1),

If you made a normal order on their website, you can cancel in accordance with normal consumer rights. But if you (Like I) have made an investment in a Perk on IGG, all you can do is wait and hope that we get something in the end. But as with all investments there is always the risk of loosing the invested money.

I got an 'early sample' of the Pro1X sent from London, so I at the least can try things out, to help people.

The best source for info on what is going on, currently is the updates on IGG, and yes it has been an almost cursed project, starting with them being swindled on the original chips, then covid19, then transportation issue, And now some further issues with the ones that were supposed to send them (we know no details on what it is all about, except "some contractual issues that have come up with our shipping partners in Hong Kong" what ever that means...).

 

Yes I did spam all over the place and got banned. 

Yes I am fedup, I just want some transparency for once as to what is going on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fedup said:

The Pro 1 X was announced on 27th October 2020  Announcement

I ordered March 2021.

What I would like to know is how many people have received their order that were within "Batch 1" ?

Is this for real?

"Where is my phone?"  Probably sat in Expansys' warehouse in China with mine and many others...

"How many people have received their phone?"  Some, no number has been released.  They are also available to buy direct from Expansys and apparently ship fairly quickly.

"Is ebay link legit?"  I haven't seen anyone post their IMEI number (not a good idea) and the photos look good, the account is suspiciously private but did supposedly sell a PS4 to an establish business (63000 feedbacks) some time in the past 3 months so I'd happily bid on it.

Edited by suicidal_orange
Thread merged so added quote for context
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms