Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

On the subject of "it's obsolete the day it's out", well yeah, it's true and the price is a little bit out of touch compared to Samsung mega factories, but it's not the same production scale, and we have enough alternatives if we must. But this obsolescence is not very surprising tbh: I never bought a phone people were not scoffing at one year later, asking me when I'll upgrade... at best. Most times they look at you with pity you couldn't buy the latest iphone the day you got your normal "I'd rather buy cheap phones I can break than break a 1.2k iphone and have to pay hundreds for a new screen" 😄

I have a no-google Huawei these days, and I don't feel at the top of the world either 😄 I'm not sure it matters to me anymore. The latest chipset consumes battery, cheats on benchmark and isn't available outside of samsung, is it truly a problem not to have it then ?

Edited by Pierre
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they did... looks good for now! For the sake of completeness: 😉 

September Pro1-X update

ehi89ggra2zcuwfpqa54.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here is the latest news from the Pro1-X campaign!

Hardware:

• The Pro1-X hardware has now been optimised, tuned, and is in full working condition. 
  • We completed a number of functionality and durability tests using the V2 mainboard, which successfully demonstrated its functionality and durability to a high standard. 
  • There are a few minor changes that need to be made to improve certain LTE bands, which we will integrate into the V3 board of final mass production units. 

• Check out this video to show the new camera settings:

• This video shows the Wifi settings and keyboard functionality:

• Here is the final mock-up of the AZERTY keyboard layout:

xrhpxv6ft5p7pyoszn8j.jpg

Software:

• We are in the process of doing CE/FCC testing together with GMS. 
  • We currently have limited development units available, but expect to have more towards the end of this month which will allow more developers to begin software progress for alternative OS’. 

Final stages:

• It has been a super busy summer, but we are excited to announce that we are almost ready to begin mass manufacturing and shipping your smartphones.
  • In the meantime, we have pre-ordered all the components we need and expect to be ready for mass manufacturing in October. 
  • We predict that production, packaging, and QC testing will take a few weeks in total, and our current estimated shipping dates will be in November. 
  • We have almost finished negotiating the commercial terms with our suppliers and will share the final manufacturing and assembly timeline and delivery dates once they have been confirmed.  

In other news…

We are pleased to announce that we have recently expanded our team! Angelo is the newest addition to team F(x)tec, and will work as our in-house engineer for Linux and mainline support, as well as adaptations and functionality of alternative OS’s for your devices. 

Thank you for your ongoing contribution and support to the Pro1-X Indiegogo campaign! As always, If you have any questions or queries do not hesitate to drop us an email at [email protected]!

Team F(x)tec 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
20 minutes ago, Hook said:

This is the first time I didn't get an email of the update. 😕

That is odd, I got an automated one sent from indiegogo 11 hours ago. So either some mail-filter is teasing, or indiegogo no longer have you on their mailing list, I highly doubt that this rather small group gets it sent out spread over that many hours.,

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

That is odd, I got an automated one sent from indiegogo 11 hours ago. So either some mail-filter is teasing, or indiegogo no longer have you on their mailing list, I highle doubt that this rather small group is sent out spread over that many hours.,

Yeah, not in my spam box.  I'll chalk it up for now to some blip in the internet, like dryers eating socks.  😉 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

That is odd, I got an automated one sent from indiegogo 11 hours ago. So either some mail-filter is teasing, or indiegogo no longer have you on their mailing list, I highly doubt that this rather small group is gets it sent out spread over that many hours.,

Same here.

Anyway, e-mail is generally not the most reliable form of communication, so anything may happen with it...
Fortunately, this forum has also warns the user from another user. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Hook said:

Yeah, not in my spam box.  I'll chalk it up for now to some blip in the internet, like dryers eating socks.  😉 

Maybe you need to unsubscribe and re-subscribe, to trigger it again? (on IGG click you account-name top left, Settings, and then the Emails tab)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

Angelo is the newest addition to team F(x)tec, and will work as our in-house engineer for Linux and mainline support, as well as adaptations and functionality of alternative OS’s for your devices. 

I like those news in particular ... 😺

• Like 6
On 9/9/2021 at 8:28 AM, Tommi69 said:

Me too... Paid in Feb 2020 and now upgraded to Pro1X. Still hoping and waiting for delivery in December 2021. 🙄

If I had bought $700 USD in Bitcoin instead of this phone (which I still do not have) in Feb 2020, I would have over $2800 right now.

5 hours ago, Apextech said:

If I had bought $700 USD in Bitcoin instead of this phone (which I still do not have) in Feb 2020, I would have over $2800 right now.

Try to be optimistic. Money is not everything. I paid my Pro1 (without the "X") also more than a year before I finally got it. Now that I have a real keyboard phone, I congratulate myself for the decision to preorder every day.

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 4:42 PM, Apextech said:

That is pure hindsight bias. It is useless to look behind. Of course you would have made money if you knew back then what courses are today. If you would have bought XTZBEAR Coins for that money you would have like 0.02 $ right now...

• Like 4
1 minute ago, skatopsixos said:

What is happening guys??  Not even an update, really??

It's exactly 30 days since the previous update.  I would expect one by Friday,.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, skatopsixos said:

i am waiting for this device wayyyyyyyy toooooooo looooong...........

I bet you haven't been waiting as long as I have.

(Disclaimer: In the meantime, I managed to get a pre-owned one, though.) 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1

If we look at the previous update dates, it has been slightly over a month every time (less May+June) since Janurary. Creeping from January 06 to September 20 - So hardly a surprise that it has gone over a month this time too. Just saying....

• Like 3
October Pro1-X update

py7yvv8ppmteqsg6zshq.png

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here is the latest news from the Pro1-X campaign!

Hardware:

• Following last month's functionality and durability tests using the V2 mainboard, we have been working to improve certain LTE bands ready to integrate into the V3 board. 
  • Our engineering team in China has had to start the antenna development process completely from scratch because the antenna on the Pro1-X is completely different from that on the Pro1. This has taken a few weeks, but the antenna gain for all of the LTE and 3G bands under SD662 is now fully refined and almost ready for use! 

Check out the following videos to see some behind-the-scenes footage of Pro1-X testing. 

Watch on Vimeo

Watch on Vimeo

Watch on Vimeo

• We have also been conducting the GMS (Google Mobile Service) test for Android 11 to ensure the vendor software for alternative Operating Systems is running smoothly. In particular, users who prefer Vanilla Android will have the SafetyNet approved onboard.

Watch on Vimeo

• CE and FCC certifications are almost finalised to ensure that your Pro1-X is shipped according to legal requirements. 

Lastly, here are the final stages before we begin Pro1-X production:

• Despite the global shortage and delays regarding a lot of electronic components and chipsets this year, we have secured all the necessary components required to begin production. This includes the Qualcomm SoC parts, camera sensor, screen (which are currently in short supply). 
  • The final component required to complete our production inventory (an NFC-related chip from NXP) has been sourced and secured, which means we now have everything we need ready to begin mass manufacturing! 
  • Despite the Chinese factories currently operating under reduced capacity due to a national power shortage, we have already discussed the manufacturing timeline with our team and our production slot has been given priority.
  • Once the above steps (GMS tests, certifications, and finalising the Antenna design) are complete, we will arrange components delivery and book the final assembly slot in the factory (estimated 2 weeks from now). 

As always, thank you for your ongoing contribution and support to the Pro1-X Indiegogo campaign! If you have any questions or queries do not hesitate to drop us an email at [email protected]!

Team Fxtec 

• Like 2