Having problems contacting Fxtec support

On 9/15/2021 at 7:06 PM, Swond said:

I do not know if @EskeRahn made some push or @Erik read this thread, when @Rob. S. tagged him, but with some magic help after several weeks of silence Support team amazingly replied me that evening. Unfortunately just announcement, that they apology and I have to wait. So in conclusion:

1. first contact: 22.2.2021
  2.  pictures of corners and whole phone wanted, sent 23.2.2021
  3. then I needed the phone very much, so i somehow made it even with the ghost touchy display.. On 9.4.2021 the phone was sent on my own costs.
  4. several e-mails about when it will be, in total 6 outgoing messages, 7 incomming messages.
  5. phone sent back on 01.06.2021, but I am kinda sure it was only "paperwork". It was dropped to DPD parcel shop on 7.6.21
  6. I had to pay taxes again.. On my own. Package arrived on 11.06.21 So it took more than two months to get it repaired. BUT!!!! then I found out the display has black corners at lower side ant camera cannot focus any more.
  7. another contact of support team on 12.07.21
  8. this time they offered me their pickup. I was amazed, why it wasn´t possible at the beginning as well and I had to pay the postage. It wasn´t much, but this is not about money, this is about principles..
  9. several e-mails, determined pickup on 23.07.21, phone has been sent on their costs.
  10. something like 8 messages addressed to the team , trying various addresses on my side and also online form. No success until someone helped me thanks to this forum.
  11. several days, several e-mails, then I was informed that they have to escalate it, cause it take way too long even corona-delays long...  Good to know it!! Thanks for information!!!! I knew it since their first unsuccessful repair..
    I am very sad about that. I can understand a lot, I am sure they have it very difficult these times, but the phone was super expensive and I was waiting for it almost two years.... SO PLEASE COMMUNICATE!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!!!!!
  12. still without my phone, now it is again very near of two months.. Isn´t the warranty due 30 days? Should I send our lawyer team at this case? I was very phlegmatic and benevolent, but after four months without my phone I am becoming frustrated and way too angry.

Will let you know more later.

Hi guys,

13. So another three weeks are over and I got no response at all. It is 04/10/21 today, I sent another question whats happening with my phone. Last contact was on  10/09/21, I was assured that it will be fast.. Lets see "the progress". Everyone here knows what will "happen".

• Sad 1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to follow up on this, before it becomes forgotten – my Pro1 is as good as new again, thanks to @EvilDragon! 

Aaaand done! Here is the replacement display: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/spare-parts-tools/lcds/fx-tec-pro1-replacement-lcd And here the service, in case we should do that for you (display inc

I can't believe it, another screen broken – I just tried to swipe a fly from the display, and what I did was swiping the phone from the table, because the EFFING SCREEN PROTECTOR I'm now using since m

Well, as the original poster, I thought I might follow up on this.

I was finally able to get in touch with fxtec support back in March (I think their messages may have initially been marked as spam).   After requesting and receiving some pictures of the phone to ensure it had not been physically damaged, fxtec support advised me that I had two options:

1) They could immediately send me a replacement screen, along with a link of a video on how to replace the screen myself

2) I could send the phone in for repair, but their service center was out of stock of replacement screens until early  June (this message was sent in late March).

Not sure why the replacement screen they were going to send to me couldn't be sent to the service center...?  In any case, I had already picked up a replacement phone to use until the Pro1 issues were resolved, so I wasn't in a big hurry.  I sent the Pro1 in for service, expecting to receive the phone back by July.

On August 20th, I sent an e-mail asking for an update.  I was advised that my device repair is still in progress, and that I will be updated when they are any updates.  That was six weeks ago.

Hoping that this is an isolated incident and not an indicator of bigger problems with the company.  The pandemic has not been a great time for many businesses...

Edited by Spider-Dan
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
On 8/3/2021 at 1:43 PM, Jacob_S said:

I contacted them about a month ago. I still have no answer, but that could also be my fault, as last week my inbox was full. Now I'm very unsure about what to do. If they answered right during that time, then a follow-up mail asking them to resend theirs would be a good thing. If they didn't, then said mail would just send me back to the end of the queue, which in that case seems to be very long.

Turns out, they indeed had answered within a week and my mail provider had apparently decided, that I don't want to recieve some emails already before my inbox limit was fully reached.

I sent them an inquiry recently and they answered within nine days. So I guess if anyone doesn't get an answer for more than two weeks, they should just try again.

Also my phone was already repaired in July, so they were almost right with their initial projection of how long the repair process would take. Only took one month longer, which is kinda good for their standards :D

• Thanks 3

I received an email on the 14th of October asking me to inform them when my phone would be sent.
I sent it on the 10th of September and it was delivered on the 14th of September, included a link and delivery report.

So whre is it!?

Can you believe this shit!?!?

Their new address:
FX Technology Technology
Chalfont St Peter
Building 1 Chalfont Park
SL90BG Gerrards Cross
Verenigd Koninkrijk 

And to my luck, PostNL changed their tariffs I noticed just now now. This package is not insured.

I will file a complaint with PostNL. But since they used Hermes for the UK, I'm guessing it's gone. I have had nothing but problems with Hermes in the UK. €659+21,50+21,50+18,50+31,38+31,38=€772,76.... That's 3 repairs, shipping and import. Aaarrgh!!!! Not to mention my loss selling the other three.

Also still haven't heard jack shit about the engraving on my Pro1x. Even though they communicated we would receive instructions soon (this was early August).

Meanwhile, my Unihertz Jelly 2, life-saver! While FxTec has pushed me over the edge for real this time.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Sad 4
On 9/15/2021 at 7:06 PM, Swond said:

I do not know if @EskeRahn made some push or @Erik read this thread, when @Rob. S. tagged him, but with some magic help after several weeks of silence Support team amazingly replied me that evening. Unfortunately just announcement, that they apology and I have to wait. So in conclusion:

3. then I needed the phone very much, so i somehow made it even with the ghost touchy display.. On 9.4.2021 the phone was sent on my own costs.
  4. several e-mails about when it will be, in total 6 outgoing messages, 7 incomming messages.
  5. phone sent back on 01.06.2021, but I am kinda sure it was only "paperwork". It was dropped to DPD parcel shop on 7.6.21
  6. I had to pay taxes again.. On my own. Package arrived on 11.06.21 So it took more than two months to get it repaired. BUT!!!! then I found out the display has black corners at lower side ant camera cannot focus any more.
  8. this time they offered me their pickup. I was amazed, why it wasn´t possible at the beginning as well and I had to pay the postage. It wasn´t much, but this is not about money, this is about principles..
  9. several e-mails, determined pickup on 23.07.21, phone has been sent on their costs.
  10. something like 8 messages addressed to the team , trying various addresses on my side and also online form. No success until someone helped me thanks to this forum.
  11. several days, several e-mails, then I was informed that they have to escalate it, cause it take way too long even corona-delays long...  Good to know it!! Thanks for information!!!! I knew it since their first unsuccessful repair..
    I am very sad about that. I can understand a lot, I am sure they have it very difficult these times, but the phone was super expensive and I was waiting for it almost two years.... SO PLEASE COMMUNICATE!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!!!!!
  12. still without my phone, now it is again very near of two months.. Isn´t the warranty due 30 days? Should I send our lawyer team at this case? I was very phlegmatic and benevolent, but after four months without my phone I am becoming frustrated and way too angry.
  13. So another three weeks are over and I got no response at all. It is 04/10/21 today, I sent another question whats happening with my phone. Last contact was on  10/09/21, I was assured that it will be fast.. Lets see "the progress". Everyone here knows what will "happen".

Will let you know more later.

14. More than a month is gone again and I got a MESSAGE!! Even though I didn´t push them!! But the more unbelievable this mesage is, the more funny it is!! I have been told, that the camera is going to be ready (so again nobody knows when..) to be shipped and asking for my address, so I can replace it myself. Well, I would be happy to do so, BUT!! the phone is somewhare in London (perhaps?). So my opinion became this: The phone repair is taking soooooooo fu***ng long, that they even forgot about the phone 😄 😄 Isn´t it sarcastic? 😄 Message arrived on 15.10.2021, last contact 10.09.2021 = diff. 35days, TOTAL: 189 days without my PRO1

Edited by Swond
  • Sad 2
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, Swond said:

14. More than a month is gone again and I got a MESSAGE!! Even though I didn´t push them!! But the more unbelievable this mesage is, the more funny it is!! I have been told, that the camera is going to be ready (so again nobody knows when..) to be shipped and asking for my address, so I can replace it myself. Well, I would be happy to do so, BUT!! the phone is somewhare in London (perhaps?). So my opinion became this: The phone repair is taking soooooooo fu***ng long, that they even forgot about the phone 😄 😄 Isn´t it sarcastic? 😄 Message arrived on 15.10.2021, last contact 10.09.2021 = diff. 35days, TOTAL: 189 days without my PRO1
  1. 15. I sent another two messages this week - one as a reply to their e-mail message, second was a filled contact form with completely new e-mail address. Still have no reply since 15.10.2021.. I am without my phone: TOTAL: 230 days without my PRO1.
    Anyone has similar "World record"?
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Does anybody have a clue, how to contact someone of the team directly? If yes, please send me a PM. I ve sent my phone for warranty back in April 2021 and still didn´get it back.. I am thinking what else can I do to get some informations out of their silence. It frustrates me really a lot.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Noob said:

What's the average response time to a support request from FxTec these days?  I posted a message about 9 days ago, nothing back other than the automated response.

I am waiting their reply since 1st of December... :S
Their first reply has arrived after 7 days.

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 12/30/2021 at 9:16 AM, VaZso said:

I am waiting their reply since 1st of December... :S
Their first reply has arrived after 7 days.

I have received a reply from them today.

They have promised me to send a replacement USB board, so I hope it will happen soon...

• Like 3

Hey there friend, I hope you were able to receive the communication that you desired, but I had asked about the concerns regarding production and manufacturing considering the phone has been delayed so many times and this was the exact response I received,

Apologies for the late reply as the Team is slowly coming back from Holiday and  Quarantine,
We have recently posted an update regarding Manufacturing which you can find at : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pro1-x-smartphone-functionality-choice-control/x/22431813#/updates/all
Due to the worsening COVID restrictions in China and the approaching Chinese New Year, things look uncertain at the moment. We are however trying our best to get devices shipped out before the Chinese New year. As a worst-case scenario, production will resume in mid-February, and devices will start shipping in the same month. 

Best Regards,
Francisco

Hope this helps you, I will personally wait until a little closer to February to invest in this product because if they delay it past February, then unfortunately I dont think this product will be worth it for me

• Thanks 1

A belated update to my earlier post, I followed up my enquiry with another email and this time Fxtec support responded within a few hours. As per some of the previously posted responses, it also mentioned end of year holidays and quarantine for the delay.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 4:59 AM, Noob said:

A belated update to my earlier post, I followed up my enquiry with another email and this time Fxtec support responded within a few hours. As per some of the previously posted responses, it also mentioned end of year holidays and quarantine for the delay.

Lucky you. I still DO NOT HAVE any official reply since 15 October 2021. Tried to push it few days ago: confirmation " thanks for your message " arrived, it still has the same case number what was at the beginning (February 2021), but nothing more happens. No phone repair, no cash back, no communication.. no, no no, no - nothing.

• Sad 2
On 2/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, Swond said:

Lucky you. I still DO NOT HAVE any official reply since 15 October 2021. Tried to push it few days ago: confirmation " thanks for your message " arrived, it still has the same case number what was at the beginning (February 2021), but nothing more happens. No phone repair, no cash back, no communication.. no, no no, no - nothing.

I have the same problem from about the same date

I also got a "small team, pandemic" email, well I'm a small team in a pandemic & if I can't deliver I contact my customers & tell them rather than letting them get frustrated

Well 2 weeks ago I sent an email giving them a deadline, and I made my best effort to alert them via every other channel that I know of, as far as I know they haven't even seen it

So if they don't respond by close of play today they're going to be dealing with my solicitor, who I assure you has less patience than I do

---EDIT--

I got the "small team, pandemic" email after I wrote & complained, to date I haven't had a single communication that wasn't in response to an email, usually a complaint, that I sent them

Edited by esme
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 2/4/2022 at 4:11 PM, esme said:

I have the same problem from about the same date

I also got a "small team, pandemic" email, well I'm a small team in a pandemic & if I can't deliver I contact my customers & tell them rather than letting them get frustrated

Well 2 weeks ago I sent an email giving them a deadline, and I made my best effort to alert them via every other channel that I know of, as far as I know they haven't even seen it

So if they don't respond by close of play today they're going to be dealing with my solicitor, who I assure you has less patience than I do

---EDIT--

I got the "small team, pandemic" email after I wrote & complained, to date I haven't had a single communication that wasn't in response to an email, usually a complaint, that I sent them

I already tried two times with these deadlines. Stay calm, nothing will happen. But once you wanna to bring all cases together, we can try our common power. I don´t know if it helps, but community has much more power, than each of us alone.

• 4 months later...

Just as an update:

I finally received my repaired phone from Fxtec support yesterday (2022-06-13).  I originally mailed it in on 2022-04-15 and was informed that it may take "until early June 2021" to repair.  Needless to say, the turnaround time was disappointing.

I've already purchased a replacement phone long ago, and unfortunately T-Mobile service is terrible in my area, so I'll be putting this phone up for sale soon (on these forums first, then eBay if no buyers here). 

• Thanks 1