LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

(lineage-18.1-20211227-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on December 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

...But the reintroduced (early August) Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed.

The stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though)

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20211227-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on December 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

I am afraid this version is exactly the same as previous version was (because of Christmas). 🙂

(I look at the changelog for every new releases and this was the only one yet which did not had any changes. 🙂 )

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

(lineage-18.1-20220110-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on 2021 December 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

...But the reintroduced (early August) Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed.

The stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though)

• Thanks 1
On 11/17/2021 at 11:28 AM, Rob. S. said:
On 11/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, Rob. S. said:

[...] The most obvious difference to the earlier behaviour, by the way, is also a slight improvement: While earlier a failure to charge (along with entering the "not charging" mode) still showed a battery plus flash symbol in the status area as if it was charging, now the flash doesn't even appear, so I can at least see that it doesn't charge without having to open the AccA or Accu Battery app to check.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, Rob. S. said:

Following up to my last postsince the 18.1-20211108-NIGHTLY-pro1 OTA update on Monday I haven't observed any charging interruptions so far.

Spoken too soon; in the morning (now on 18.1-20211115-NIGHTLY-pro1), while connected, the battery was down to 20%, there was no flash symbol in the status bar and AccA again reported "not charging".

(It's been some time, but I think the latter should have read "there was a flash symbol"...)

Strange things continue to happen. Today, just before successfully updating to 18.1-20220110-NIGHTLY-pro1, the phone was down to 28%, "discharging", no flash symbol, while being connected to a charger. No connection problem, I immediately tried different cables and chargers. After reboot, charging immediately started again... 

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

(It's been some time, but I think the latter should have read "there was a flash symbol"...)

Strange things continue to happen. Today, just before successfully updating to 18.1-20220110-NIGHTLY-pro1, the phone was down to 28%, "discharging", no flash symbol, while being connected to a charger. No connection problem, I immediately tried different cables and chargers. After reboot, charging immediately started again... 

Are yours actually discharging while connected?
What I have seen is that it 'stabilise' around the current value (plus minus a few percent-points)

30 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Are yours actually discharging while connected?
What I have seen is that it 'stabilise' around the current value (plus minus a few percent-points)

Cannot say whether it's discharging as quickly as it would be without being connected, but yes, my impression is that in both cases (both the "not charging" state and, like this time, "discharging"), the phone is actually discharging. I'll have a closer look, though, as I'm also running the AccuBattery app which should be able to authoritatively answer that question. 

[Edit:] Yesterday:

06:52: used for 32m, 75% -> 70% (this was the normal discharge cycle. After that, charging should have started again) 

07:24: used for 7h 38m, 71% -> 28% (connected all the time; at 28%, state was "discharging" [no flash symbol], while I cannot rule out that the state might have been "not charging" [flash symbol showing] earlier in that period). 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

07:24: used for 7h 38m, 71% -> 28% (connected all the time; at 28%, state was "discharging" [no flash symbol], while I cannot rule out that the state might have been "not charging" [flash symbol showing] earlier in that period). 

Oh. Too bad, so this means there are TWO errors (related or not), of not charging substantially and not charging at all while connected. Both fixed (for a while) by a reboot...

(lineage-18.1-20220117-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on 2021 December 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 1
On 1/11/2022 at 12:52 PM, EskeRahn said:

Oh. Too bad, so this means there are TWO errors (related or not), of not charging substantially and not charging at all while connected. Both fixed (for a while) by a reboot...

Just came here to see if someone else is having these charging issues. So yeah, looks like I am not alone – I have exactly the same thing. It started happening last year in December. So I guess it's a software issue?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dreamflasher said:

. So I guess it's a software issue?

Yes, We see it/them on LineageOS & AICP not stock android.
As said earlier my guess is that at least the one keeping it at around a fixed low level is the battery protection system added, that kicks in under wrong conditions. (A system to avoid overcharging an already fully charged battery)

• Thanks 1

I've seen the charging issue too over past few weeks. Usually I turn my phone off overnight so that means a clean start each morning. I see this issue come up when I'm heavily using the phone during the day and I recharge to 100% then use it some more and want to top out again starting between 70%-80%. I see the battery level just stuck at 78% or whatever it was when plugged in, so I'm with your self-sustaining power draw theory.

• Thanks 1

For me this appears regularly after the phone went to Energy Saving Mode (I have the setting active, that it automatically does that below 15% remaining charge).

The same with the issue of some apps not being able to use the internet, even though in others it works (described in the AICP thread). That also happens while Energy Saving Mode is active and persists even when the phone is recharged afterwards.

So from my experience I would have suspected Energy Saving Mode as the culprit. But as some here seem to observe the same issue(s) without it, it maybe really is about heavy usage causing a too quick energy drain, which then triggers some system meant to slow down the discharge or protect the battery. 

(lineage-18.1-20220124-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on January 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 1

(lineage-18.1-20220131-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on January 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

(lineage-18.1-20220207-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on January 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 1

(lineage-18.1-20220214-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on January 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 2

(lineage-18.1-20220221-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on February 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Like 1

(lineage-18.1-20220228-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on February 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 1
On 10/25/2021 at 2:00 PM, Rob. S. said:

The hiccup was that the phone, after restarting and then displaying the LineageOS animation for 20 minutes or so, booted into some kind of recovery, showing this screen (but after hitting 'try again', the system came up without problems in normal time, i.e. a few seconds) :

IMG_20211025_123501.thumb.jpg.d37dc765ade0d7d53d84a10ac9c32ff1.jpg

Now of course I wonder whether this was caused by something in the update or maybe my phone is developing a problem...? 

I can finally clear this up! It was indeed the latter. After yesterday's LOS update the animation was up for three hours or so until I stopped it by switching the phone off with a power long-press, after which it booted up normally—but without any trace of my 512 GB Kingston "Canvas Go! Plus" micro sd card. Seems a file system check was taking it so long.  (On my laptop, I could read the card ok, but a file system check aborted with read errors.) Definitely one of the more expensive cards I bought, and it seems it doesn't do much (if any) wear levelling. Never happened to me before except with really cheap cards in Raspberry Pis. Ordered a SanDisk card now...

• Thanks 3
6 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

I can finally clear this up!

Thanks for sharing. Few would think about the SD card being the reason for the long boot time.

Good luck with your next card. I've had a Sandisk Extreme 256 GB almost since day one. I run my GNU/Linux chroot on it (which certainly causes above-average disk-I/O) and it still hasn't failed me.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 2

(lineage-18.1-20220307-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on February 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 1
On 11/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, Rob. S. said:

[...] I've had several occasions in which charging wouldn't start after connecting, with the state still "discharging"? I cannot totally exclude the possibility that in some of those cases AccA was keeping the device in "discharging" mode because the lower limit wasn't reached yet, but I don't think that was the case in all those occasions here...

Just for the record, with last Monday's update I again had several occasions of the phone not charging, but the state being "discharging" with a negative charging current and no flash symbol in the status bar, contrary to the usual "not charging" state with a small, two-digit positive current and the flash symbol showing.

Downloading the new update now...

(lineage-18.1-20220314-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on March 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There might be something rotten in the new version, it eats battery at an alarming rate while idle.
(same programs running, most killed with Greenify as usual, and according to Gsam, the apps is responsible for less than 1%. No phone connection, WiFi only - it is the preproduction unit with no Imei)
(Before charge was the old version. charged and upgraded)

Screenshot_20220316-112937_3C_All-in-One_Toolbox.png

• Sad 1