Jump to content

LineageOS 19.1 Official Release for Pro1


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems that LineageOS 19.1 will be available soon for Pro1: https://www.lineageoslog.com/19.1/pro1   More information: https://lineageos.org/Changelog-26/ (F(x)tec Pro1 mentione

Google pay working here with magisk v24.3 for some time already and works on LOS 19.1 too. -Zygisk mode on -Enforce denylist -Put com.google.android.gms and com.google.android.gms.unsta

Got my Pro1 back from repair and decided to start out with Lineage 19 as described above by Eske (I flashed the 20220613 recovery image... probably could have used the Lineage 18 recovery which also w

Posted Images

2 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

...i am on last los too...but i have uninstalled audiofx and installed viper4android. Both speakers are working if v4a is enabled or not.

Interesting!

Killing AudioFx dos not do the trick here by it self.
Disabling AudioFx and restarting, does not change anything either. (*)

So it must be viper that does 'something' on yours.... (have not installed it)

(*)
ADB shell pm disable-user org.lineageos.audiofx
ADB shell am force-stop   org.lineageos.audiofx
ADB shell pm clear        org.lineageos.audiofx


And after that did not work reenabled it with
ADB shell pm enable org.lineageos.audiofx

Link to post
Share on other sites

OTA updated to 19-20220620-NIGHTLY

So far I havet noticed a few strange behaviours

* My NFC is not working anyomore, doesen't react at all when trying to activate it.

* Celluar connection is unstable, and having harder to keep up the connection during hand over.

* Wi-Fi is really unstable, sometimes i don't find any networks, sometimes I can connect but don't get a proper IP assinged, meaning no internet access.

* the device is generally slow, takes really long time to launch apps

* apps like Vanced and parallel space stoped working

* Magisk lost root access and needed to be re-installed

* I have the feeling that the chargind issues come mor frequently now.

 

will try to downgrade and see whats happening.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pebert said:

OTA updated to 19-20220620-NIGHTLY

So far I havet noticed a few strange behaviours

* My NFC is not working anyomore, doesen't react at all when trying to activate it.

* Celluar connection is unstable, and having harder to keep up the connection during hand over.

* Wi-Fi is really unstable, sometimes i don't find any networks, sometimes I can connect but don't get a proper IP assinged, meaning no internet access.

* the device is generally slow, takes really long time to launch apps

* apps like Vanced and parallel space stoped working

* Magisk lost root access and needed to be re-installed

* I have the feeling that the chargind issues come mor frequently now.

 

will try to downgrade and see whats happening.

Not exoeriencing these issues (wifi, slow. losing root).  I would try reflashing the zip from recovery and see if anything changes. It shouldn't make a difference sine the OTAs are the full system and not just updates, but it would still be worth trying.  Sounds like something might be corrupted somewhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@pebert I would advice to factory reset. But as @Hook suggested try with a flash first, and if that does not fix it go for the reset. You are mentioning Magisk, and If I understand correctly, some things are principal different in that aspect going from 18 to 19.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2022 at 12:52 AM, EskeRahn said:

@pebert I would advice to factory reset. But as @Hook suggested try with a flash first, and if that does not fix it go for the reset. You are mentioning Magisk, and If I understand correctly, some things are principal different in that aspect going from 18 to 19.

Maybe I was a bit unclear, I just went from the previous nightly release 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pebert said:

Maybe I was a bit unclear, I just went from the previous nightly release 

A, sorry, then please ignore the last part. A factory reset could still do wonders if a bad flash has messed up things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. I have an issue with my display. When I restart the Pro1 or press the power key immediately after shutting it down, the display won't come on. Any attempt to "reboot into recovery" results in me flying blind (keyboard is lit and I can still feel the options when pressing vol-up and -down.

When rebooting into system I have to tap the power button two or three times until the sim pin screen shows up. Almost send an emergency call once while trying to get the display on.

I'll have to see if this is another display firmware issue - I still have the previous defective unit here.

2. An older issue I just encountered again since I have once again inserted a second SIM: when the SIM pin menu shows up after cold booting (avoiding issue 1) and I wait for the display timeout, after waking up the device again it seems to be stuck on the unlock screen for SIM1. Only after sleep and waking up the phone the pin menu for SIM2 appears.

3. And just for laughs I've attached a screenshot for the long discussed ongoing charging issue. I don't remember having seen that message posted by anyone else.

Screenshot_20220703-164954_Settings.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

The second i've heard mentioned before.

The first is new to me. Before the obvious suggestion of a factory reset, you might try to do a very long power-press, (about 10 sec) it seems to do a deeper reboot than just the ordinary 'restart'.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been running 19,1 since I got my phone back, for about two weeks now. Last version I installed was 19-20220704-NIGHTLY-pro1. I just use the auto-updater.

- SwiftKey combo doesn't really work that well with Google Chat and Signal.
- Charging issue remains. I must reboot, otherwise it won't charge.
- Bluetooth signal and/ or background processing is very bad. Multitasking while streaming Tidal will produce choppy sound and/ or intermittent connection. Even when the receiving end is within 10cm.
- Unable to get a GPS fix. I can leave it on in an open field, clear skies, for hours, I won't get a fix. This is a real shame and very annoying.

Yesterday is used NFC to pay, so no issues there. These are the only bugs I have noticed so far. Back to being my daily driver for the last two weeks.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Sorry, I don't use Magisk.

Same here. It could be unfair, but I have the feeling of Magisk like a can of worms I avoid to install.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

...how about update magisk? it is safe or not? 

...i dont want to reinstall whole phone 

Magisk seemed to work fine, but I decided to downgrade (and reinstall) because dual-SIM was broken. See my previous post in this thread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are your SIMs pin-protected? Like I wrote in a previous post my two SIMs act a little different after boot. When I proceed to enter both pins right when the phone asks they're both active right away. If I let the screen timeout before that, the phone gets stuck until I manually press the  power button twice.

I also have deactivated WiFi calling for SIM1. SIM1 is my default one for outgoing calls but when I remotely initiate a call using my helmet's hands-free it would go over SIM2 - it finally started using SIM1 when WiFi calling was off (no idea if my provider supports this anyway).

So yeah... still some weird issues with two SIMs.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Magisk, but only for SU.  I sideload it via recovery as a zip.  Version 25 works just fine except that, for the first time, I had to open the manager app to complete installation.  Some programs ask for SU more than once, which didn't happen before, but works fine. No way to be sure if differences are due to Magisk 25 of Lineage 19.  I don't use any Magisk modules and never open the Magisk Manager beyond that one time to complete installation.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, Wheeljack said:

Are your SIMs pin-protected? Like I wrote in a previous post my two SIMs act a little different after boot. When I proceed to enter both pins right when the phone asks they're both active right away. If I let the screen timeout before that, the phone gets stuck until I manually press the  power button twice.

I also have deactivated WiFi calling for SIM1. SIM1 is my default one for outgoing calls but when I remotely initiate a call using my helmet's hands-free it would go over SIM2 - it finally started using SIM1 when WiFi calling was off (no idea if my provider supports this anyway).

So yeah... still some weird issues with two SIMs.

No, no pin-protection

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2022 at 10:22 AM, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-19.1-20220711-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on June 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_174313)

Since flashing this version, I haven't had a single issue with charging. Up until this version a reboot was required every single time!
Bluetooth and GPS still suck though. Unable to get a fix and BT connection is limited in distance and stability)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

Since flashing this version, I haven't had a single issue with charging. Up until this version a reboot was required every single time!
Bluetooth and GPS still suck though. Unable to get a fix and BT connection is limited in distance and stability)

I hope you are right 😁
Though we never found a way to consistently trigger the bug, so hard to say for sure.

Has anyone that updated to 20220711 seen the charging-bug since?

 Bad news: Just managed to trigger it...... (at 67%)
What I did was:

  • In unlocked state, Plugged, unplugged and replugged a few times
  • Locked, waited three minutes (while it was charging on a table).
  • Picked it up and unlocked the device with fingerprint
  • Unplugged and replugged

Tried to do exactly the same after a reboot, but it did NOT trigger it again, so not a consistent method, Tried to repeat it trice....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I purposely let it drop to >10%. Hooked it up to several chargers and it started cycling through the voltages (QC). I tried two different BaseUs chargers 65 GaN, two power banks, a Samsung max 9V charger and my regular Unihertz 5V 1.5A charger. Only the non-QC charger is able to charge it. I always suspected the QC-handshake process to be culprit. This seems to confirm it.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms