LineageOS 19.1 Official Release for Pro1

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems that LineageOS 19.1 will be available soon for Pro1: https://www.lineageoslog.com/19.1/pro1   More information: https://lineageos.org/Changelog-26/ (F(x)tec Pro1 mentione

Google pay working here with magisk v24.3 for some time already and works on LOS 19.1 too. -Zygisk mode on -Enforce denylist -Put com.google.android.gms and com.google.android.gms.unsta

While all our work is public, we don't necessarily post a neon sign saying, "Break ur phone here!" 😉 The Pro1-X work is moderately stable now and has been moved to the official LineageOS org on GitHub

Posted Images

(lineage-19.1-20220516-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313)

EDIT:
Warning the Android Market (AKA "play store") is gone!
I tried to do the flashing again - same result.

I  re-installed last weeks 20220509 - requiring a factory reset, and got it back

EDIT II:
Re-install of today's 0516 on the freshly factory reset did not remove it again. So everything is working - loosing everything by the factory reset obviously.......

On 5/2/2022 at 10:32 PM, EskeRahn said:

I tried the described unplug and replug a few times and WAS able to reproduce it twice. Trying to narrow it down, I can no longer provoke it. So it might also be a matter of the charge level, so it only occur under a certain level? But thanks anyway, we really need a way to make it reproducable, for anyone to be able to track it down.

Just retried this at 44%. and was not able to trigger it. So we still lacks a secure way to reproduce the bug.

15 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-19.1-20220516-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313)

EDIT:
Warning the Android Market (AKA "play store") is gone!
I tried to do the flashing again - same result.

I  re-installed last weeks 20220509 - requiring a factory reset, and got it back

EDIT II:
Re-install of today's 0516 on the freshly factory reset did not remove it again. So everything is working - loosing everything by the factory reset obviously.......

I haven't experienced this problem, and I don't think anything we changed in the May 16th build would cause this. I talked to a MindTheGapps maintainer, and he has seen this sort of problem if the device isn't rebooted (to recovery) between sideloading LineageOS and MindTheGapps, or if there isn't enough available space on the device. Are either of these a possible cause in your case?

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Sean McCreary said:

I haven't experienced this problem, and I don't think anything we changed in the May 16th build would cause this. I talked to a MindTheGapps maintainer, and he has seen this sort of problem if the device isn't rebooted (to recovery) between sideloading LineageOS and MindTheGapps, or if there isn't enough available space on the device. Are either of these a possible cause in your case?

Nope, flashing was done with the same bat-file I use each time, and this includes booting. Note that other GApps where still there - so pretty weird. And the phone was practically empty, so that was not the case either.

Note that I did NOT make a factory reset when going from 18 to 19, AND that switch included being forced to switch from OpenGapps to MiindTheGapps - so that could be the real cause. (I was quite surprised that the Gapps-switch worked in the first place)

On 5/2/2022 at 8:57 AM, agent008 said:

Great news! I'm reinstalling today because I replaced my screen (again) and need to go back to stock to make the touch digitiser to work.

Has anybody at this point tried Magisk and Google Pay?

That's worrying; I need to replace my screen, and wondered how physically difficult it was, but why do we have to go back to stock to make it work?

2 hours ago, silversolver said:

That's worrying; I need to replace my screen, and wondered how physically difficult it was, but why do we have to go back to stock to make it work?

The tap sensitive margins have to be programmed correctly.
If you ask WHY the screens comes with some other default - I have no idea....

7 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The tap sensitive margins have to be programmed correctly.
If you ask WHY the screens comes with some other default - I have no idea....

How annoying. Is the necessary programming function something that could be put in an APK to avoid having to completely rework your software for a simple screen change? Of course I'm hijacking this thread with an OT now.....

1 hour ago, silversolver said:

How annoying. Is the necessary programming function something that could be put in an APK to avoid having to completely rework your software for a simple screen change? Of course I'm hijacking this thread with an OT now.....

I don't think a simple APK may do it.

Anyway, I have tried to experiment a little bit (see display thread mentioned by @EskeRahn), but I don't really know much about Android working and how it may be consulted to release touch panel.
I was able to unbind it (it stopped working under system) but still I could not reach hardware yet.

However, I have only tried to write a C code (basically for Linux)... okay, and i2cdetect. 🙂

We have a potentially good data sheet for its touch controller which has two registers what we need to modify, so the job seems to be clear but we would need access to the hardware...

• Thanks 3
On 5/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, silversolver said:

There is an APK to flash the screen firmware but it only works on Android 10 or lower (basically stock or LoS16 or 17)

• Thanks 1

I tried the described unplug and replug a few times and WAS able to reproduce it twice. Trying to narrow it down, I can no longer provoke it. So it might also be a matter of the charge level, so it only occur under a certain level?

FWIW I've just had my phone charging from about 30% to 52% on an Anker wall charger then unplugged it to bring it to my desk where I just plugged i the phone again into a significantly less powerful USB port of my PC. The charging LED did't even turn on and of course it stayed at 52%.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

I tried the described unplug and replug a few times and WAS able to reproduce it twice. Trying to narrow it down, I can no longer provoke it. So it might also be a matter of the charge level, so it only occur under a certain level?

FWIW I've just had my phone charging from about 30% to 52% on an Anker wall charger then unplugged it to bring it to my desk where I just plugged i the phone again into a significantly less powerful USB port of my PC. The charging LED did't even turn on and of course it stayed at 52%.

Earlier I thought the charging LED not turning on was a sign of the software based charging issue having somehow changed, but at least with my device it's (at least mostly) a bad physical connection between charger/PC and battery.  

Unfortunately, with an USB port that's becoming more and more unreliable, it doesn't get easier to get a grip on what's happening software-wise. Also, if using magnetic cables and adapters like I do (which unfortunately didn't prevent the USB port becoming unreliable, either), they introduce an another potential point of failure for the connection. In the meantime I've also found some of my several magnetic cables to have become more unreliable than others when used on the Pro 1, and the same goes for the magnetic adapters. (Same goes with conventional USB-C cables.) 

At this point, I've identified these two general cases which sometimes prevent charging even though the cable is connected (and charging control software like ACC is not preventing charging according to its control settings):

• Charging doesn't resume, the system (according to the AccA app) reports "not charging" instead of either "charging"  or "discharging". The longer the uptime, the more probable this is to happen, the reason here clearly is the operating system since LineageOS 18. Rebooting helps.

• Charging doesn't resume, the system reports "discharging". This, for me, is mostly a bad physical connection due to the USB connector becoming becoming having become unreliable. Still, in a few cases my impression was that it *was* caused by software, as rebooting helped.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

At this point, I've identified these two general cases which sometimes prevent charging even though the cable is connected (and charging control software like ACC is not preventing charging according to its control settings):

• Charging doesn't resume, the system (according to the AccA app) reports "not charging" instead of either "charging"  or "discharging". The longer the uptime, the more probable this is to happen, the reason here clearly is the operating system since LineageOS 18. Rebooting helps.

• Charging doesn't resume, the system reports "discharging". This, for me, is mostly a bad physical connection due to the USB connector becoming becoming having become unreliable. Still, in a few cases my impression was that it *was* caused by software, as rebooting helped.

Exactly. And for the first one rebooting the phone resting on the desktop, without touching the plug fixes it so it clearly is NOT related to the physical connection. It is some 'state' it enters, from which the only (known?) exit is a reboot.
And we have ONLY had reports on this from those on LineageOS & AICP, not Stock Android, so almost certainly a matter of the kernels handling the hardware differently. It MIGHT be that we would see the same if Stock was offered as 11 or 12. (If i recall correctly this was NOT reported for LineageOS 16 and 17, hence Android 10 most likely OK)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

And we have ONLY had reports on this from those on LineageOS & AICP, not Stock Android, so almost certainly a matter of the kernels handling the hardware differently. It MIGHT be that we would see the same if Stock was offered as 11 or 12. (If i recall correctly this was NOT reported for LineageOS 16 and 17, hence Android 10 most likely OK)

Basically kernel is the same as in stock, some kernel modules may be different.

So this is probably in higher level, however, I did not have to reboot phone for charging yet.

5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Exactly. And for the first one rebooting the phone resting on the desktop, without touching the plug fixes it so it clearly is NOT related to the physical connection. It is some 'state' it enters, from which the only (known?) exit is a reboot.

I'm using LOS 17.1 now, and used LOS 16 before, never used stock on this device (saw the Scroogle stuff and noped right into LOS flash before even completing the setup wizard lol) and I have never had this problem. My USB port is healthy, and I'm careful to keep it that way. It helps that the battery life is good enough that I never have to charge it anywhere other than on my desk.

3 hours ago, silversolver said:

My USB port is healthy, and I'm careful to keep it that way.

I have also tried to keep it that way but it became worn... and not the soldering was the problem but inside the connector itself although I have only charged it once a day. 😞

• Sad 1
On 5/21/2022 at 2:55 AM, Kaali said:

There is an APK to flash the screen firmware but it only works on Android 10 or lower (basically stock or LoS16 or 17)

Hi! At this point I would be willing to try this. Since not even my old screen (glass broken, touch perfect) worked with touch anymore, I'm not very hopeful it might fix but, why not try? I would flash an older LineageOS and try to run this APK.

At the moment the only way I can interact with my Pro1 is by connecting a USB-C hub to it with a mouse and keyboard plugged in. Or with a  bluetooth keyboard but in order to pair the phone and the keyboard I still had to plug a mouse into the phone. No phone keyboard and no touchscreen for me. Pretty bummed and had to resort back to a Moto Z2 Play I had in storage. Which had its screen die yesterday....

Sorry for the rant.

Oh my goodness, LineageOS 19.1 is such a downgrade compared to 18.1. The whole UI is so gaudy: the icons, the animations. The large UI widgets that are everywhere resemble a UI I'd build (with all due to respect) for an elderly person with a hindered eyesight.

This reminds my why I hate Android. On a proper Linux distro, I'd just install a different DE of my choice.

Edited by marmistrz