Open discussion related to the progress in getting your Pro1X

7 hours ago, BufferBear said:

Hey, anyone know how to split the screen?  I hit the square icon, and the windows config flashes as to show 2 screens and then eturns to the default position.

Split works just fine here, both portrait and landscape. With the android limitation of only offering one 50:50 split in landscape, and 30:70, 50:50, 70:30 in portrait

• Like 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you still haven't received one when all of batch #1 has shipped, you will have a reason to complain, and rest assured I will complain in case the phone I ordered in Sept 2019 won't come in batch #1

Here's mine, finally got it yesterday! Yay! 🙂 (QWERTZ 8/256 GB IGG order from Oct 2020, with the QWERTY 8/256 GB website order from Sept 2019 hopefully arriving soon too, though no tracking

The only thing that has been said so far is that those perks will be sent out after the phones.  However, I would recommend contacting FxTec via email and explain your situation.  I suspect they may h

Posted Images

Here's mine, finally got it yesterday! Yay! 🙂

P8137560.thumb.jpg.0a9d832644848eb19154567381f77fb2.jpg

(QWERTZ 8/256 GB IGG order from Oct 2020, with the QWERTY 8/256 GB website order from Sept 2019 hopefully arriving soon too, though no tracking confirmation yet.)

Coming from a (shifted) QWERTY,  8/128 GB Pro¹ with LineageOS 18.1 (didn't bother to upgrade to 19.1 yet with the Pro¹ X now actually within reach), I thought going back to stock Android would be a significant change for the worse, but so far I don't feel it is.

Except for the right/lower speaker dropout problem, I haven't found any issues yet, which of course doesn't mean I won't hit some in the time to come. Connectivity isn't noticeable worse than with either my Pro¹ or the old Moto Z3 Play I still keep as a spare phone; WiFi, cellular and Bluetooth are all good. No problems with phone call audio either, so far, in neither direction.

Right now, I'm listening to music from the part of my collection which I just copied onto the phone, with Bluetooth over my living room stereo. Connection is good, sound is good, too.  

Having 256 GB finally makes it possible to keep a good amount of files including music on the phone without needing an SD card, and so I can finally use two SIM cards, too. This is a good thing, because in my part of town my primary carrier, Vodafone, has been having severe outages over the last few weeks, which always made me carry my spare Motorola phone, too, fitted with a T-Mobile SIM.

I've been closely following everything that's been written on the Pro¹X here, and I'm looking forward to coming weeks and how things will go with the upcoming alternative ROMs!

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 5

Import VAT (129.16 € including administration fees) was 22.4% of the perk's original price for me, $679 which did equal 576 € in Oct 2020. Excluding administration fees (111.31 €), it's 19.3%, close enough to Germany's import VAT rate of 19%.

I think I missed the 'super early bird' offer only by a few days back then 😉 but I found and find $679 to still have been an excellent price for what it is.

By the way, without root, for the time being, and therefore without the ability to use the 'Advanced Charging Controller' daemon and app (ACC/AccA), I've reactivated my 'Chargie' devices to limit charge levels to something significantly below 100%...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 3

in the US, contribution number 800. Got my device on 08/10. Device works well but the software is mildly dissappointing, particularly the hotkeys which mostly include a magnifying glass button these phones do't have. Also, be careful flashing ROMs, see my post history for the ensuing trouble.

16 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

I get wildly flashing triangle/circle/square icons when I tap and hold the square icon which is strange, but I get split screen mode by a short tap on the square icon, a short tap on the size-reduced app's icon, and then there's the split screen option.

(I keep forgetting how this works as well, with so many changes in past Android versions...)

Thank you for posting. Will give it a go tomorrow.

16 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Split works just fine here, both portrait and landscape. With the android limitation of only offering one 50:50 split in landscape, and 30:70, 50:50, 70:30 in portrait

I appreciate your comments. If it doesn’t work, any idea how to correct it? 

25 minutes ago, BufferBear said:

Thank you for posting. Will give it a go tomorrow.

I appreciate your comments. If it doesn’t work, any idea how to correct it? 

Fab. I’ve managed to find the options when on portrait and split the screen. So far, nothing happens when I am in landscape mode.  Will try again tomorrow. Thank you both! 

Sorted!  Thanks Rob and Eske.

I’ve noticed a potential issue with the speaker, changes form high to low and back again but I’m unsure if it relates to the recording/podcast I’m listening too. 

The phone is also slow to load images etc.  Today, LTE disappeared and the phone seemed faster. Confused. I was hoping for 4g but I think LTE is the equivalent of 3.5? 

Will post an update.

59 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

What is the FX app on this? and is ExpressVPN Bloatware?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx&hl=en&gl=US

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.expressvpn.vpn&hl=en&gl=US

My preferred file manager app and VPN provider.

The FX name is just a coincidence 🙂 

• Like 2
On 8/12/2022 at 1:13 PM, sspiff said:

I'm trying this but it still is very clumsy & not smooth for me.

Practice makes perfect.  Anyone know where to find a decent case and screen protector.  I pretty much guarantee I am going to drop it...😒

On 8/14/2022 at 12:47 PM, aquaz said:

No, not really. LTE is considered 4G. HSDPA and HSUPA were considered 3.5G technology.

Why does it take so long for images, pages to load etc?  Seems slower than my old BB KeyOne.

On 8/12/2022 at 1:13 PM, sspiff said:

I'm trying this but it still is very clumsy & not smooth for me.

Practice makes perfect.  Anyone know where to find a decent case and screen protector.  I pretty much guarantee I am going to drop it...😒

On 8/14/2022 at 12:47 PM, aquaz said:

No, not really. LTE is considered 4G. HSDPA and HSUPA were considered 3.5G technology.

Why does it take so long for images, pages to load etc, at times?  Seems slower than my old BB KeyOne.

5 hours ago, BufferBear said:

Why does it take so long for images, pages to load etc, at times?  Seems slower than my old BB KeyOne.

Huh. That's a tough question 😄

From my experience so far LTE is working pretty good so far. 

6 hours ago, BufferBear said:

Anyone know where to find a decent case and screen protector.  I pretty much guarantee I am going to drop it...😒

You have already been pointed to the long thread, but the tl:dr version is: 

Any soft cases fitting a Huawei P20 Pro can easily be modified in minutes

No special skills required. (Do not take stiff cases though, as the slight slant of the Pro1X's back towards the edges makes them a poor fit). For a number of my DIY experiments see here.

• Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Open discussion related to the progress in getting your Pro1X
On 8/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, EskeRahn said:

No special skills required. (Do not take stiff cases though, as the slight slant of the Pro1X's back towards the edges makes them a poor fit). For a number of my DIY experiments see here.

Thank you.  I missed these response.  Probably just zoned out reading threads...

• Like 2
On 8/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, EskeRahn said:

👍

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 12:35 PM, Benni said:

Just got tracking information: Order No 34, QWERTZ, Germany (did not yet get any customs stuff)

Update: I just got a customs invoice from FedEx and the value of the phone is set to a larger amount than what I payed. Need to complain to FedEx about that.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Benni said:

Update: I just got a customs invoice from FedEx and the value of the phone is set to a larger amount than what I payed. Need to complain to FedEx about that.

I had a similar problem - payed in EUR through Curve which has deducted in HUF, but received an invoice in GBP.
These currencies have moved against each other in the last two years, especially HUF, but I sent them every related info and declared the amount deducted from my HUF account

First they told me in their first reply that my declared value is not even close to the value declared in invoice and in shipping note but I have explained the two years difference, originally deducted amount and F(x)tec's location of UK (regarding their declared currency).

So they have finally accepted the value declared by me which was the actual deducted amount in HUF.

Although the situation may not be clear, it seems it is possible to be solved in a correct way.

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 2

This has probably been covered before but what is there information about when the other perks than phones will be shipped? I ordered backed just a spare battery and would like to get it as the original battery in my original Pro1 is starting to show symptoms of dying.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OVK said:

This has probably been covered before but what is there information about when the other perks than phones will be shipped? I ordered backed just a spare battery and would like to get it as the original battery in my original Pro1 is starting to show symptoms of dying.

The only thing that has been said so far is that those perks will be sent out after the phones.  However, I would recommend contacting FxTec via email and explain your situation.  I suspect they may have batteries to send out and might make an exception in your case.  I'm not connected to FxTec, just another customer, so I can't guarantee they will do anything, but if they have the batteries for repairs, they may be able to do something. Certainly worth a try. 

• Thanks 3