LineageOS 20.0 Official Release for Pro1x (QX1050)

27 minutes ago, Sean McCreary said:

If the off-mode-charge flag is set, it will start the charger program instead of the full Android UI.

I had been suspecting this was the case for some time now. Thanks for clarifying.

This means that off-mode-charging cannot actually protect us from the battery depletion bug. If the battery is flat, it's game over, irrespective of the off-mode-charge setting.

29 minutes ago, Sean McCreary said:

LineageOS doesn't have licenses for this source code, so we need F(x)tec to fix it.

Thanks, it is clear to me that LineageOS cannot fix those bits. Does anyone know whether F(x)tec actually have the sources? I.e. can they fix these things in house or do they rely on some external software company for maintaining the stock OS and its drivers?

• Sad 1
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, fixed it. Prawn-X is back alive! 🥳 Turned out the battery was completely flat. After disassembling, I measured 0.00 V between the pins! I do not know how that happened, maybe I did accidental

Charging-only mode is part of Android, so the phone must be able to boot the high-level OS to charge. When you connect a power source, it will always start the Android boot process. If the off-mode-ch

@jakfishFWIW, when I did this on stock Android 2.1.2, I only did "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and it worked fine with the battery animation present on the screen by default. YMMV, I guess. I

Posted Images

For anyone worried by the hiccup with the Pro1 update, the 20230504 update for the Pro1x installed smoothly and all is good.  Still April security patch, as expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to hear, that the linage is finally official! Has anyone yet heard of the lineage os for microg implementation? I can only find the pro1 on their downloads page, but nothing from the pro1x: https://download.lineage.microg.org/

I already tried to build it on my own, but for some reasons I'm not able to install docker, neither on wsl, nor on windows :-/

i've switched the pro1x phone from stock android to lineage os 20. phone calls don't seem to work someimes. i can hear the other person but they can't hear me. wondering if anyone else has encounter the issue. also - on verzion. SMS/text works - sometimes it seems like they don't want to come thru, but a restart seems to fix the issue with text/sms.

1 hour ago, Joubolei said:

i've switched the pro1x phone from stock android to lineage os 20. phone calls don't seem to work someimes. i can hear the other person but they can't hear me. wondering if anyone else has encounter the issue. also - on verzion. SMS/text works - sometimes it seems like they don't want to come thru, but a restart seems to fix the issue with text/sms.

Did phone calls work consistently on stock? Lineage really doesn't really change that, as far as I can tell.

On 5/7/2023 at 10:37 AM, Noob said:

You could try raising an issue on their Github repo.  I see other such requests here, or you can try the Docker CD image repo instead.

What issue do you have installing Docker?

thanks for the link, didn't find the first one on my own and the second seemed not the right place for my request. I will try to ask there, although I'm not very optimistic, since some of the requests for device supports ar from august last year...

When I try to install the docker windows desktop app it allways fails, no idea why. When I install it in wsl und try to run the 'hello world' example it says that docker could not be started or somethin like that...

23 hours ago, Hook said:

Did phone calls work consistently on stock? Lineage really doesn't really change that, as far as I can tell.

to be honest - i don't remember. it did work with sms and voicemail. i'll have to go back to stock and test.

3 hours ago, Joubolei said:

to be honest - i don't remember. it did work with sms and voicemail. i'll have to go back to stock and test.

so, after testing with stock android - same issue. not sure if its a fault with the phone or not compatible with verizon's network. sometimes the other person can hear and sometimes nothing

On 5/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, claude0001 said:

This forum documents that we're not alone. More and more, this place feels like a party that's actually long over, except for the few guys still hanging around 'cause they're too drunk to realise they should better go home. 🙂

It's the phone.

Or maybe it's the firmware drivers, but it makes no difference, it won't get fixed at this point.

You have a wifi tablet with a mechanical keyboard, not a phone.

We have all been soaked, and LOS can't fix it.

7 hours ago, Name_not_avail said:

It's the phone.

Or maybe it's the firmware drivers, but it makes no difference, it won't get fixed at this point.

You have a wifi tablet with a mechanical keyboard, not a phone.

We have all been soaked, and LOS can't fix it.

Unless, as in my case, you bought it to be a wifi pocket  computer (it's not a tablet).  I should demand a refund... they sent me a phone.  😉

• Haha 3

So... Quick question becuase this thread seems to have gone off on tangents

Is this release of Lineage OS 20 stable and useable on the Pro1x?

P.S.  For what it's worth I've been running my Pro1x on the stock Android OS as my daily driver for more than a week now and it's been absolutely fine. No signal strength issues, no random drop outs, it's perfectly fine. If I were to be picky I would say that I'd like the corner LED to behave the same as the Pro1 used to, but that's it.

24 minutes ago, AndytheNoob said:

So... Quick question becuase this thread seems to have gone off on tangents

Is this release of Lineage OS 20 stable and useable on the Pro1x?

P.S.  For what it's worth I've been running my Pro1x on the stock Android OS as my daily driver for more than a week now and it's been absolutely fine. No signal strength issues, no random drop outs, it's perfectly fine. If I were to be picky I would say that I'd like the corner LED to behave the same as the Pro1 used to, but that's it.

Yes, as the title states (and threads here can get caught up in issues) this is the thread for the Official version.  They are referred to as "nightlies," but they are posted weekly, so, yeah, a little confusing.  Each one is the current official version with updated security patches.  There is a change log available on the Lineage site where you download the files for first flash. After that, you can update OTA.   The links are in the OP.

Exciting times, but a couple of quick questions before I dive in and break something.  

1.  Do I need to backup 'device specific partitions' before I flash LineageOS, or is this only relevant to Sailfish or Ubuntu Touch, or is a backup not required but a good idea anyway?  

2.  I understand LineageOS needs a factory reset prior to install, is this taken care of in the install:  

1179431287_Screenshotfrom2023-05-1013-36-37.thumb.png.ed4ece1c26869c72fd84cdaaad4ab978.png

or is it advisable/necessary to perform a factory reset prior to starting the install procedure (I'm currently on V2.1.5 GMS-free rooted)?  

Apologies if these questions are a bit basic, so am I, and if I break my daily driver I'm in trouble.  Plus I'm also rather fond of my little PrawnX. 🥰😍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MonCon said:

Exciting times, but a couple of quick questions before I dive in and break something.  

1.  Do I need to backup 'device specific partitions' before I flash LineageOS, or is this only relevant to Sailfish or Ubuntu Touch, or is a backup not required but a good idea anyway?  

2.  I understand LineageOS needs a factory reset prior to install, is this taken care of in the install:  

1179431287_Screenshotfrom2023-05-1013-36-37.thumb.png.ed4ece1c26869c72fd84cdaaad4ab978.png

or is it advisable/necessary to perform a factory reset prior to starting the install procedure (I'm currently on V2.1.5 GMS-free rooted)?  

Apologies if these questions are a bit basic, so am I, and if I break my daily driver I'm in trouble.  Plus I'm also rather fond of my little PrawnX. 🥰😍

1.  LineageOs doesn't mess with the persist partition. 

2.  You need to erase userdata before installing Lineage.  So after you flash the  dtbo.img and the recovery.img, as per the instructions, you reboot into recovery and select factory reset on the recovery menu. Then you are finally ready to adb sideload the Lineage zip file.

• Thanks 2

@HookThanks for the clarity, much appreciated, I'll have a play.  

Edit:  That went well, first impressions it looks nice and smooth.  Thank you Developers, Community, FxTec. 

Edited by MonCon
  • Like 3

Just got around to updating to the 20230511 nightly (Official) OTA and everything is fine.  It has the May 2023 security patch.

• Like 2

After selling my Pro1 this morning I decided to flash my Pro1x to LoS 20. I'm going on a 3 week tourist trip trough Japan on Monday. Flashin took like 5 minutes. Runs nice and smooth. but wouldn't you know, the one app that I can't configure is my banking app. It's supposed to take a picture of my ID. But it freezes when the camera is accessed. If I remember correctly, the same happened with my Pro1 on LoS 20.

Any users able to activate ING banking app? F-ing annoying I'll say. I have ordered a MiFi for my trip, so that's why I thought of giving the Pro1x a go. But if I can't activate my banking app while on holiday 😪

• Sad 1
35 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

After selling my Pro1 this morning I decided to flash my Pro1x to LoS 20. I'm going on a 3 week tourist trip trough Japan on Monday. Flashin took like 5 minutes. Runs nice and smooth. but wouldn't you know, the one app that I can't configure is my banking app. It's supposed to take a picture of my ID. But it freezes when the camera is accessed. If I remember correctly, the same happened with my Pro1 on LoS 20.

Any users able to activate ING banking app? F-ing annoying I'll say. I have ordered a MiFi for my trip, so that's why I thought of giving the Pro1x a go. But if I can't activate my banking app while on holiday 😪

I'm pretty sure you need to pass safetynet/play integrity for banking apps.

I do that using:

* MagiskHide Props Config - with the stock fingerprint (config in attachment)
* Univarsal SafetyNet Fix

* Blacklist in Magisk

printslist

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Benni said:

I do that using:

* Blacklist in Magisk

printslist 116 B · 0 downloads

Hey @Benni did I understand this correct: with your mod I am able to root my phone, spoof for example microG to be the actual GMS and then make any app believe that my phone is not rooted, so apps that don't allow my to root my phone would work?

Wow, I guess US Banks are (thankfully) less security conscious.  Bank of America has no problem with either LOS 20 or my Pro1x being rooted (although I just did this as a test-- I actually do my banking on my not rooted cheap moto).  Frankly, it makes me happy that BoA doesn't mind.  Maybe makes up for having such crappy carriers.  😄

13 hours ago, Benni said:

I do that using:

* Blacklist in Magisk

printslist 116 B · 1 download

I thank you for the suggestion, and will try it. But I'm pretty sure this is not the case. It always worked on LoS 16, 17, and 19 on several other phones and tablets, including my Pro1. I believe it is a software issue/ bug and not a security issue.

The app just freezes trying to scan my ID. I think it's because of a driver or call to the camera. The app responds, kinda. But the image freezes where it's supposed to focus and recognize the characters in the image. Guess I'll have to get used to accessing my account when I get home.

Edited by DieBruine
Tried...
10 hours ago, eorg said:

Hey @Benni did I understand this correct: with your mod I am able to root my phone, spoof for example microG to be the actual GMS and then make any app believe that my phone is not rooted, so apps that don't allow my to root my phone would work?

No idea how it works with microG, sorry.

Also not my mod, I'm just a user.